Dressing better

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by generaiya

Generaiya thinks those that are looking for an economic option for a suit to consider purchasing the J.Crew Aldridge Suit on sale for $400
Use the code MUSTSHOP and get 40% off to get the suit for $260+tax. Free shipping.

Even better, make it a 3-piece by adding the vest.

erez

i want to pull the trigger on this but ordering a suit online is so iffy. how will you know how it fits? any advice?

I bought this suit online a couple of weeks ago. The pants are PERFECT but I haven't gotten the vest yet. Ships Feb 15. I will try to give more feed back later

I really hope the vest and pants dont wear like that. Your vest should cover your belt loops and shirting. The rise on those pants are not a good look in comparison to the vest.

Even for a more casual look? I thought it looked good.

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Trying to wrap my mind around this quote I just read in a case study called Zara: Fast Fashion.

Fashion is the imitation of a given example and satisfies the demand for social adaptation....The more an article becomes subject to rapid changes of fashion, the greater the demand for cheap products of its kind. - Georg Simmel, "Fashion" (1904)

My interpretation:
Fashion is people copying other people to fit in and the faster this changes, the less expensive the items must be.

Thoughts?
Zara like H&M is considered fast fashion because they imitate runway looks very fast. IIRC their turn around time are around 4-6 months to produce almost exact copies from designers. Usually, it takes longer, about a year or 2 for it to be copied. A FW08 designs can be seen on cheaper brands during FW10. So Zara and H&M has become fast fashion because their factory can duplicate looks and sent to the stores within months time. As everyone knows quality isn't the best but a lot do not care about that. You'll also notice that the trend in the U.S. can usually be seen in Japan or Europe a year or so ago.

I also read somewhere that in Italy or France and Japan, fashion changes almost every season and that is why they buy clothes all the time. Some are slow progression while others are fast. One season some can look grunge and then the next it's steam punk and then goth ninja the next. In those parts of the world, that is what I would consider fast fashion, constantly changing.

10 piece - those are so effin clean!...I might scoop up the blue/green
smokin.gif

Btw tongue out bro, it looks odd trying to tuck a boot into a very slim fitting pant....idk

Got my shipment in from the Lands End Canvas Sale.
Not really that impressed with the Heritage Poplins that everyone raves about (including GQ). They seem very cheap quality but for $8 I guess I get what I paid for.  I would never buy em for full price. Anybody else get these shirts and like them?

timthumb.php

[h4]
[/h4]

Originally Posted by RFX45

Trying to wrap my mind around this quote I just read in a case study called Zara: Fast Fashion.

Fashion is the imitation of a given example and satisfies the demand for social adaptation....The more an article becomes subject to rapid changes of fashion, the greater the demand for cheap products of its kind. - Georg Simmel, "Fashion" (1904)

My interpretation:
Fashion is people copying other people to fit in and the faster this changes, the less expensive the items must be.

Thoughts?
Zara like H&M is considered fast fashion because they imitate runway looks very fast. IIRC their turn around time are around 4-6 months to produce almost exact copies from designers. Usually, it takes longer, about a year or 2 for it to be copied. A FW08 designs can be seen on cheaper brands during FW10. So Zara and H&M has become fast fashion because their factory can duplicate looks and sent to the stores within months time. As everyone knows quality isn't the best but a lot do not care about that. You'll also notice that the trend in the U.S. can usually be seen in Japan or Europe a year or so ago.

I also read somewhere that in Italy or France and Japan, fashion changes almost every season and that is why they buy clothes all the time. Some are slow progression while others are fast. One season some can look grunge and then the next it's steam punk and then goth ninja the next. In those parts of the world, that is what I would consider fast fashion, constantly changing.
Your first couple of sentences basically summarize what this Harvard Business Review case study explains in detail. They break down Zara's business model and compare it to the Gap, H&M and Benetton. Pretty interesting stuff, if anyone is interested in reading it let me know and I'll email it to you.

My interpretation:

Thoughts?

Simple man translation:
We at Zara make cheap stuff but its nice cheap stuff. When trends change so much that it gets expensive. You won't feel so bad buying our garments because you are able to stay hip without breaking the bank.

I don't think so. Each of these things cost no less than five dollars individually.

our store is having a half off everything sale...gant, paul smith, naked and famous, nudie, clae, scotch & soda, steven allen and a bunch more...sizes L and XL are in abundance...if youre in the city come see us at 668 Post, san francisci...if not im launching our facebook webstore this week, and will update you guys then !

nice sebagos up there (tounge out...) ....davidz is slept on...i cant believe it took 2 weeks for them to sell those jake davis collab...good pickup!

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Not really that impressed with the Heritage Poplins that everyone raves about (including GQ). They seem very cheap quality but for $8 I guess I get what I paid for.  I would never buy em for full price. Anybody else get these shirts and like them?

timthumb.php

[h4]
[/h4]

I received my shipment a few days ago. The quality isn't that great and the overall fit isn't that great. The shirts seems way too long and it kinda balloons at the waist area.

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

timthumb.php

[h4]
[/h4]

I received my shipment a few days ago. The quality isn't that great and the overall fit isn't that great. The shirts seems way too long and it kinda balloons at the waist area.

Yes---the arms are slim but the waist isn't it all. Looks rediculous tucked in but cuz they were so cheap I will just keep em. Anyone know where to find some better gingham shirts?

How much would it cost to shorten a shirts sleeve length? I've had almost everything done from my tailor except this. TM Lewin is having a sale on their shirts but have no 35" length. Wondering if I should pay their $15 or have my tailor do it. Not sure if I can get to my tailor before this sale/coupon is over.

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

timthumb.php

[h4]
[/h4]

Yes---the arms are slim but the waist isn't it all. Looks rediculous tucked in but cuz they were so cheap I will just keep em. Anyone know where to find some better gingham shirts?

I wasn't expecting much as far as the quality is concerned, since the shirts are so cheap. But, as far as fit goes, the 2 heritage shirts I got fit me perfectly. No ballooning, proper sleeve and shirt length.

Quick Ques ppl.. for suit and overall clothing quality..

Zara or H and m... Quality wise which is better overall..

and for suit and nice fitted shirts . which is best place to go
Zara, H and m or express??

Originally Posted by YuraS718

How much would it cost to shorten a shirts sleeve length? I've had almost everything done from my tailor except this. TM Lewin is having a sale on their shirts but have no 35" length. Wondering if I should pay their $15 or have my tailor do it. Not sure if I can get to my tailor before this sale/coupon is over.

i pay 20$ for mine but it's perfect and i get it done by my shirt store ... my tailor is cool but i rather the work be done by the company .... if i have any issue they will resolve it ... if my tailor were to mess up ...
tired.gif

i would trust TM but how much would your tailor cost ... and how good is ur tailor ?

What are your guys thoughts on overcoats with shoulder pads? I was told they were out of style.

This is suit-lapel type 3/4ths length coat to be worn over a suit BTW. I'm pretty sure the suit overcoats at Jos A, Mens Warehouse, Macys, etc all have shoulder pads.

Just looking for fashion advice.

Just picked up some Allen Edmonds Lombards from the AE store about 3 weeks ago. IM ADDICTED...never again will i pay over 150 for some sneakers..too msny different combos of nicer shoes to rock sneakers with jeans all the time!

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by YuraS718

i pay 20$ for mine but it's perfect and i get it done by my shirt store ... my tailor is cool but i rather the work be done by the company .... if i have any issue they will resolve it ... if my tailor were to mess up ...
tired.gif

i would trust TM but how much would your tailor cost ... and how good is ur tailor ?

Lately my tailor has been on point.  Turned an over sized Indochino suit into a near perfect slim fit (Cost $86, but indo refunded me $70 or $75).  He has been a little late lately but that's it.  This coupon I have expires tomorrow, and doubt I can get to my tailor to see how much he will charge.  I'll probably just get it done from TM, and ask him for future reference.

Back
Top Bottom