Dressing better

Question fellow princesses:

I tried out the Gap slim fit khakis and loved them, but there's a small problem. In those pants I'm probably a 33 length, but they only come in 32 and 34 as usual. I bought the 32s and wore them yesterday, and I sagged them a bit so they'd be long enough. Like the way they look, but when I sit down with them they'd be a bit odd, both riding down the waist and riding up the leg.

In such a situation, would you go longer and get the 34 and deal with bunching or sag like I did?

Assuming tailoring is not an option right now.

eek.gif
Y'all done lured my son Malta in here
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Off Topic--

Persia Fly, will you be making a Copa America / Gold Cup Preview on your blog?
I should update my sig, I haven't posted on the blog in quite a while.
And to be honest I'm not informed at all on the CA/GCs. I spent hours and hours reading up for the WC, unfortunately don't have time to do that now. 

Hopefully for Rio 2014 though. 
pimp.gif

anybody give me some ideas on what I can wear with this (sand pair) for a boat trip monday? for school...I was thinking some khaki shorts and a blue oxford rolled up sleeves?

67njgo.jpg

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

I tried out the Gap slim fit khakis and loved them, but there's a small problem. In those pants I'm probably a 33 length, but they only come in 32 and 34 as usual. I bought the 32s and wore them yesterday, and I sagged them a bit so they'd be long enough. Like the way they look, but when I sit down with them they'd be a bit odd, both riding down the waist and riding up the leg.

In such a situation, would you go longer and get the 34 and deal with bunching or sag like I did?

Get the 34 and cuff/roll to the right length.

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Originally Posted by LovinIt73

May be a somewhat random request, but I thought it might go with the thread. Anyone know where to get a nice billfold? My wallets too big to use with slacks. I'm looking for a small wallet that can go either front or back pocket, can hold a few bills and 3-4 cards. Anytime I search google I only get the as-seen-on-tv type deals, nothing classy. Any leads on a good slim wallet/billfold?
Go with a card holder/case.  This is just for example because I had it bookmarked, you can get just about any brand and price range.
224125_FU49N_3216_001_web_zoomin.jpg

same exact one i have

I have the same style in LV. 4 years in and still fresh.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

I got them for $129 from the Allen Edmonds factory store in my area. They're having a memorial day sale. The style name is actually the Parliament. The Strand is the same shoe except they have a leather sole. The Parliaments sole is rubber, with a mid sole that resembles leather.

Justlurking, they're from Heritage(Forever21 Mens)

Thank you sir.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Agreed. I actually bought two pair of the Gap tailored khakis a few weeks ago
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm a tall guy so def decided to go a tad longer just in case, on occasion i just cuff but tailoring eventually will fix any problemo

Originally Posted by natelav129

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm a tall guy so def decided to go a tad longer just in case, on occasion i just cuff but tailoring eventually will fix any problemo
I actually don't like cuffing/rolling my pants, I think it ruins the lines of the pant and is worse than bunching. Extremely tapered pants can look good with a roll, but these are not that slim. Cuffing them would create a greater width for the leg opening than for the rest of the pant below the knees. Not a good look IMO.

Originally Posted by natelav129

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I actually don't like cuffing/rolling my pants, I think it ruins the lines of the pant and is worse than bunching. Extremely tapered pants can look good with a roll, but these are not that slim. Cuffing them would create a greater width for the leg opening than for the rest of the pant below the knees. Not a good look IMO.
You won't roll or cuff them much though since your preferred length is 33 and the longest inseam is a 34. That is an inch difference so you can probably just fold them up for a simple cuff and it wouldn't really make the leg opening wider. Plus if it is just temporary, it is easier to shorten something that to lengten it since some may not have enough materials to do that. Hetting the longer length is just the safer choice so i'd go with that. Or what you could do is get the 34 and give it a wash, it'll probably shrink a bit.

From PutThisOn

Got an email from a reader named Igor who tells us he called Uniqlo in New York City to order some chinos for himself. The folks in the phone order department told him that as they prepare to open several new stores (in New York), they’ve shut down phone orders. A bummer, certainly… but the good news is that they also told him they’re planning on offering ecommerce as well. They wouldn’t give him a timeline, but word was they were expecting to open their huge US flagship store on 5th Ave in 2011, so, hopefully… soon?

So; heads up for anyone wanting to make orders

I copped those too. I usually buy a 34 but I planned on wearing these with some driving mocs or some low pro shoes and I didn't want them bunching up. I'm gonna try this "show some ankle" thing this season so I went with the 32.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

From PutThisOn

Got an email from a reader named Igor who tells us he called Uniqlo in New York City to order some chinos for himself. The folks in the phone order department told him that as they prepare to open several new stores (in New York), they’ve shut down phone orders. A bummer, certainly… but the good news is that they also told him they’re planning on offering ecommerce as well. They wouldn’t give him a timeline, but word was they were expecting to open their huge US flagship store on 5th Ave in 2011, so, hopefully… soon?

So; heads up for anyone wanting to make orders

tumblr_llis38kyx11qzycrc.gif

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by Buscape

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I've always seen this thread but never came in.  I shoulda been in here from the jump 
pimp.gif

246736_765930247494_1300310_38568421_5254869_n.jpg

Glasses - Carrera
Shirt - Polo
Belt - Cole Haan
Shorts - Polo
Drivers - Tod's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Would you care to explain the humor in this pic as I fail to see it?Fit is proper imo. Except for the popped collar, other than that its coo.
The fit on those shorts is horrible, and the navy polo color that doesn't work with the bright colors in the shorts.
Polo brand shorts are made for guys with extremely slim builds so up-sizing is a must with most pairs.
A clean white oxford with the sleeves rolled and a canvas or silk belt would have been much better.

Madras is one of my favorite spring/summer patterns when it's done right.
I probably should have explained the fit in the initial post.  I had a Nantucket themed party up on my rooftop a couple weeks back and I attempted to throw together as much "prep" as I possibly could into one outfit, regardless of look.  Those madras are young as @%%! but they were the only clean ones I had at the time, not to mention the "shortness" of them actually helped highlight the Nantucket theme.

And I'd be damned to be caught out in public with a popped collar but again, it was strictly for the theme.

Just saw "X-Men First Class"...... This thread is gunna love how Magneto dresses,looks like he's straight out of this thread lol

Originally Posted by Weekz

QUESTION: how does one get dapper with next to 0 cash flow?
30t6p3b.gif
i am too broke

forgo all the bells and whistles. start with essentials and build a strong/timeless base. shop around holidays, check the clearance sections, it may be out of season now but whatever season the piece of clothing was intended for will come around again. most of all make sure it fits good. no matter what you have if it fits poorly game over

Originally Posted by cbtcGURU

30t6p3b.gif
i am too broke

forgo all the bells and whistles. start with essentials and build a strong/timeless base. shop around holidays, check the clearance sections, it may be out of season now but whatever season the piece of clothing was intended for will come around again. most of all make sure it fits good. no matter what you have if it fits poorly game over
good advice right there...

30t6p3b.gif
i am too broke
thrift store.
seriously though...thrift store.  You can find Brooks Brothers, J. Crew, Banana Republic, all that stuff, for a dime a dozen at thrift stores.

30t6p3b.gif
i am too broke

Generaiya agrees with all the advice given above. Get a job, and then shop wisely. Make smart, calculated purchases. Along with thrift shops and clearance sales, you can shop on discounted sites.

John Varvatos and Paul Smith on Gilt today. Best selection in a while
pimp.gif

list.jpg
list.jpg

Back
Top Bottom