Dressing better

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by akuratl02

ThrowedInDaGame wrote:

Do you guys have any recommendations for slim/European cut suits under $600? I've done some research on styleforum and a few other sites but these guys are dropping serious cash on suits. I'm an entry level guy
laugh.gif

Looking for something for work, preferably wool no polyester. If all else fails, I'll just go to Mysuit off 34th or Alton Lane and get a MTM, although the lapels n such will probably be bigger than my liking.
So far, I got J.Crew

Thanks!

I just purchased a suit from Macy's (Slim cut) from a company called Bar III ... The suit was Originally $495.00 and ended up being 30$ off.
Came to $350 with tax ... I went to J Crew on 5th Ave and they had the Ludlow suit for $700 w/ tax no sale. 
mad.gif
 ... It was a nice cut but I wasn't about to drop $7-800 off top for a J Crew suit ...

Now I just need a TAILOR!!!  Anybody have a card or name for someone in NYC?

Genius Tailor. Dope guy.
Where do I find this guy you call Genius?  Thank you in advance.   

Originally Posted by got shoes

i feel uncomfortable not wearing a shirt underneath a button up, know matter what the weather is
I wear a wifebeater / tanktop under my sports shirts all the time.  Sometimes it's too hot to wear a v-neck under it.  

DaComeUP wrote:

akuratl02 wrote:

ThrowedInDaGame wrote:

Do you guys have any recommendations for slim/European cut suits under $600? I've done some research on styleforum and a few other sites but these guys are dropping serious cash on suits. I'm an entry level guy
laugh.gif

Looking for something for work, preferably wool no polyester. If all else fails, I'll just go to Mysuit off 34th or Alton Lane and get a MTM, although the lapels n such will probably be bigger than my liking.
So far, I got J.Crew

Thanks!

I just purchased a suit from Macy's (Slim cut) from a company called Bar III ... The suit was Originally $495.00 and ended up being 30$ off.
Came to $350 with tax ... I went to J Crew on 5th Ave and they had the Ludlow suit for $700 w/ tax no sale. 
mad.gif
 ... It was a nice cut but I wasn't about to drop $7-800 off top for a J Crew suit ...

Genius Tailor. Dope guy.

Google.

Try Jockey, most comfortable undershirts IMO.  If you are too hot, chances are the undershirt you are wearing is too thick.  Time to dump Pro Clubs.

LOL pro clubs/pro5's/shaka's.
those were the days..
if neck area was too loose time to throw it away and move on to a new one..

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

DaComeUP wrote:

Genius Tailor. Dope guy.

Google.
I did ... Had one good review from a woman and one bad review from a man ... I'm undecided.  Have you been there personally?

Originally Posted by Lstylez23

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

does anyone know if the jcrew red chambray shirt will shrink? just bought one

i doubt it
i bought one from gap, never shrunk 

ended up having to get it altered..
wow, im actually looking for a good pair of tapered slightly above the knee shorts for a trip to houston to see the family on 4th of july...i've one pair of steven alan seersucker, and am in need of a nice navy pair khaki pair and bright colored pair...suggestions anyone?

lstylez, mini shopping summit?

is there a huge difference between a Chambray and a Utility shirt?

chambray is the fabric of the shirt (denim like)

utility is the style of the shirt (military, boy scout like)

6R5P8.jpg

new ties...

PRL from goodwill ($2), purple wool knit tie from goodwill ($2), last 3 tommy hilfiger from macys this weekend about $10 each.

Could anyone recommend some denim in between the Levi's 511 and 514 cut. Slim fit like the 514 with around a 15.5-16" leg opening (not quite as tapered as the 511). The J. Crew Urban Slim fit is perfect, but I'm looking for jeans and in the Levi's price range give or take a few bucks. Any help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

laugh.gif

So far, I got J.Crew

Thanks!
http://us.topman.com/

Originally Posted by damn its me

Originally Posted by Lstylez23

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

does anyone know if the jcrew red chambray shirt will shrink? just bought one

i doubt it
i bought one from gap, never shrunk 

ended up having to get it altered..
wow, im actually looking for a good pair of tapered slightly above the knee shorts for a trip to houston to see the family on 4th of july...i've one pair of steven alan seersucker, and am in need of a nice navy pair khaki pair and bright colored pair...suggestions anyone?

lstylez, mini shopping summit?
doesn't sound like a bad idea..
outlets man, outlets.. lol where in houston you going to be staying at?

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Could anyone recommend some denim in between the Levi's 511 and 514 cut. Slim fit like the 514 with around a 15.5-16" leg opening (not quite as tapered as the 511). The J. Crew Urban Slim fit is perfect, but I'm looking for jeans and in the Levi's price range give or take a few bucks. Any help is appreciated.

i would like to know as well!

Originally Posted by Animal Fries

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

i would like to know as well!
personally i like the 511's
514's fit odd to me. I copped a pair of khaki 511's at urban outfitters a while back. Ended up having them altered for the length (since im short)

but i love them now..

So to everyone who wears undershirts with their dress shirts, I have a question...any suggestions on v-necks with a deeper V if I'm wearing the shirt casually and will have up to 2 buttons unbuttoned? Or at that point is my best bet going shirtless underneath? Thanks

Hey just a quick question fellas..

How to Desert Boots fit compared to chucks i.e. size 9 chucks = size 8 in DBs? (Full size down)

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Try Jockey, most comfortable undershirts IMO.  If you are too hot, chances are the undershirt you are wearing is too thick.  Time to dump Pro Clubs.
I actually bought 2 packs of the Jockey stay cool v-necks.  Best v-necks i've ever had.  Fit great and good quality.  Not sure if it makes me feel 3 degrees cooler though.  If it hits anywhere near 90 degrees, I still rock a wifebeater under my shirts.  Just more comfortable to me and less bulky.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

laugh.gif

So far, I got J.Crew

Thanks!

mad.gif

How did you get the 30 cash off the Baar III suit. I was thinking about copping it

Originally Posted by Murray497

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Does anyone here have experience with Topman Slim Trousers? Any other brands that sell slim fitting trousers?

Looking to diversify my workpants rotation by adding things other than chinos.

Thx.
I actually have two pairs of these. The $50 ones right? I really like them. They are definitely a more modern slim fit. I get a lot of compliments on them. I'll be getting some more soon. 
glasses.gif

Yeah, the $50 ones.

Thanks for the input bro...will look into purchasing a couple this week.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

is there a huge difference between a Chambray and a Utility shirt?

chambray is the fabric of the shirt (denim like)

utility is the style of the shirt (military, boy scout like)
thanks

Originally Posted by I3

Hey just a quick question fellas..

How to Desert Boots fit compared to chucks i.e. size 9 chucks = size 8 in DBs? (Full size down)

For reference...I rock 7.5 in all Nikes and Jordans and I feel like I could have gone with a 6.5 in Clarks DB's (sz 7 was comfortable and probably would have been more ideal with thicker socks)

From what I understand Chucks fit the same as Clarks DB's (no cushioning or padding in them whatsoever)

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom