Dressing better

what style of boot would alden indy's, wolverine 1000 miles, redwing beckmans, be considered? I'd love to get a pair of boots in that style, but that $300 and up price tag is no bueno atm. Any other brands sell a similar style?

Hey guys, I just bought some white shorts (that stops right over the knee. I want to wear them with boat shoes. Which color would you think would be the best?
smile.gif

Hey NT, I have a job interview coming up at Nordstrom, I believe it's for a men's sales associate position.
I'm 18 years old, & I know i'll be competing with some people for the job, from what I hear for an interview at Nordstrom it's best to dress up, than to dress down.
I was originally thinking of just wearing a polo button up and chinos but I think that might be a little too casual.
I'm currently in a tight spot money wise since being unemployed but I was wondering, what's a good outfit for an interview? Should I invest in a suit? If so which color? Navy, black, or khaki? I would really rather work at Nordstrom than any other place and I would like to impress, I was thinking about buying a khaki suit and a pink button up shirt with a purple tie & brown wingtop shoes?
Thanks.

Originally Posted by dopestop

Hey NT, I have a job interview coming up at Nordstrom, I believe it's for a men's sales associate position.
I'm 18 years old, & I know i'll be competing with some people for the job, from what I hear for an interview at Nordstrom it's best to dress up, than to dress down.
I was originally thinking of just wearing a polo button up and chinos but I think that might be a little too casual.
I'm currently in a tight spot money wise since being unemployed but I was wondering, what's a good outfit for an interview? Should I invest in a suit? If so which color? Navy, black, or khaki? I would really rather work at Nordstrom than any other place and I would like to impress, I was thinking about buying a khaki suit and a pink button up shirt with a purple tie & brown wingtop shoes?
Thanks.
I would say buy a suit, but if you can't afford it, buy a v-neck sweater from Old Navy and wear a dress shirt and tie under.

But if you are going to Nordstrom anyway, just buy a suit from them and return it after.

@Niidawg and other suit aficionado's 
I just got back from sending some items to a new tailor (praying things come out the way we discussed)...basically...I'm looking to using him to get some new tailored suits...

I would like to know what is the best fabric I can buy for this style of suit...

I know it says "cotton-silk"in the description, but I'm just confirming weather that's the best fabric for this style of cut.

EMGze.jpg

I need:

-one gray for the summer, I would like the fabric to be "breathable" to combat heat, yet very high quality.

-one navy blue with a matching waist coat, this would be a more spring/fall suit. 

Originally Posted by ebpo

Hey guys, I just bought some white shorts (that stops right over the knee. I want to wear them with boat shoes. Which color would you think would be the best?
smile.gif

Depends on your shirt color...but

Navy
Brown

are the the best options IMO.

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

Hey guys, I just picked up a pair of these JP Boat shoes in navy for really cheap from Saks off 5th:

I want to achieve the no sock look, but in doing so my feet hurt and feel really weird. Does anyone have any recommendations for some no-show socks? I've heard they were called loafer socks...  I've seen the J. Crew socks but I was wondering if there are any cheaper, higher quality alternatives that people may know of.

And also... nordstrom rack has a lot of clarks/sebago/sperry on the down low... at least in my area... Colma
I'd try and actually go sockless. Just wear em around the house for a little while at a time till they get worn in a bit and your feet get adjusted. Won't take long.

Originally Posted by Iron Mike

damn, you guys were quick to defend your leader.

hey rfx, can i wear timbs in the summer?
damb my man is irrate. ole sly stallone, clifhangin on rfx nuts steezy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solefulJs

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

Hey guys, I just picked up a pair of these JP Boat shoes in navy for really cheap from Saks off 5th:

I want to achieve the no sock look, but in doing so my feet hurt and feel really weird. Does anyone have any recommendations for some no-show socks? I've heard they were called loafer socks...  I've seen the J. Crew socks but I was wondering if there are any cheaper, higher quality alternatives that people may know of.

And also... nordstrom rack has a lot of clarks/sebago/sperry on the down low... at least in my area... Colma
I'd try and actually go sockless. Just wear em around the house for a little while at a time till they get worn in a bit and your feet get adjusted. Won't take long.

Banana Republic has some & I believe they are on sale right now.

Originally Posted by friscostylez

Originally Posted by Wilroc

Anyone have any experience with Heutchy? Really liking these. Can anyone vouch for em?
info?
They were on Gilt for a little bit. Retail was $250 but they had them marked down to $130 full size run. Just checked and they arent there anymore.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Been rocking with this one since October. The faces have been known to get small cracks out of them out of no where. That's been the only complaint I've heard about them. It's a fun watch to have, definitely a conversation piece. They're extremely lightweight, you forget its on your arm sometimes. You'd most likely have to get some links taken out when you but it too.
tumblr_lauvluWFxw1qaf7o7.jpg

tumblr_lauvlhzVLD1qaf7o7.jpg

what kind of watch is that? Really like it.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Thanks.
I would say buy a suit, but if you can't afford it, buy a v-neck sweater from Old Navy and wear a dress shirt and tie under.

But if you are going to Nordstrom anyway, just buy a suit from them and return it after.
A sweater is acceptable in summer? I'm leaning towards a blue ralph lauren checkered shirt, pink and navy striped tie, j crew chinos, and black/brown leather shoes? I might just buy a fitted blazer. Your suggestion is right on the money, a grey sweater would work great but i'm afraid of the heat & walking in to the interview in a sweater.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

^you and me both...i was just able to make out the words its a WEWOOD

For you guys who like the wewood watches, if you plan to order they got a 25% code it's TREELOVER. It seems most of their watches seem to be on backorder tho..

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Thanks.

A sweater is acceptable in summer? I'm leaning towards a blue ralph lauren checkered shirt, pink and navy striped tie, j crew chinos, and black/brown leather shoes? I might just buy a fitted blazer. Your suggestion is right on the money, a grey sweater would work great but i'm afraid of the heat & walking in to the interview in a sweater.
I would definitely advise from a checkered shirt, thats a bit too casual. Something in a solid color would work much better. The v-neck sweater seems like a good idea in your case, but since it is summer, try to get a thin one and you should be fine. 

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Here

Thanks. Have you tried these before? I'm scared they might slip off my feet or shrink after they're washed a few times or something.
Originally Posted by solefulJs

I've tried but I can't get used to it. I'm a really sweaty guy and when I sweat and there aren't any socks there it's just really uncomfortable.
Originally Posted by abstrack

Banana Republic has some & I believe they are on sale right now.

Thanks, I'll be sure to go check those out.

Went to the club for my 22nd birthday tues night at Club Rumor downtown Boston, Rondo and a couple Bruins were there but I don't remember much of it
laugh.gif

Vest, knit tie and jeans

5o8abm.jpg

Brad Marchand and Tyler Seguin of the Bruins 
wbvzls.jpg
a9tw5k.jpg
 Bruins were real cool, but my noys told me Rondo was acting sort of Hollywood
v8d9uv.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Iron Mike

do you guys have shrines in your closet like helga for rfx45?

%#% does that even mean? Goddamn trolls have nothing better to do.
Does saying stupid s*** like this make you feel better about yourself?

I seriously have no idea what I did to these people to come out and hate unprovoked. 

roll.gif
Sounds like someone's jelly 
laugh.gif

Need Help:

Looking for a loafer style shoe to be worn with khaki type pants and shorts. have to be comfortable because
I will be walking alot.

Didnt want to go the direction of boatshoes I dont find them particularly comfortable may just be me.

Looking at
Cole haan Air blaine or varick or vance

Even these Clarks Plateau

Obviously I need help lol

Back
Top Bottom