Dressing better

Originally Posted by mistererickk

Thanks guys, I'll check Zara cos I'm not tryna spend 2000 
tired.gif

Picked these items up in the past week; only spent 60 for all three things 
pimp.gif

55826ea1c702950ff305bfbf741c339074d3886f_r.jpg

U def lucked up. Info on the watch would be appreciated... If u can get it to me for the low I will love u forever my NT brother

What is the easiest way to go about ordering something from Uniqlo? On styleforum I see the whole proxy thing mentioned often but how exactly does that work? Preciate the help

Proxy usually means you pay someone a fee to buy and ship stuff to you from Uniqlo or any other store or auctions that may occur from outside U.S.
So you pretty much contact the proxy guy or company, tell them what you want, arrange the price/payment and then they'll buy and send you the item.

Originally Posted by Lstylez23

Originally Posted by shoemasta72

Originally Posted by Lstylez23

appreciate that  man.
also see you stay in houston, i do too. any tailors your prefer? 
ohwell.gif
Yeah man...Houston sucks for fashion heads. Thus, there a very few tailors that care about what you want. IMO, Marsello's in the Galleria is pretty top notch. Most of the shops in the Galleria use them so I tend to go there when I need high end stuff altered.
My everyday tailor is about 5 minutes from my house (Willowbrook-%+!). If you are in the area, I can give you more details.
houston is the worst to wear anything for summer time.. i went to LA a few weeks ago and was able to wear shirts out there that i couldnt possibly wear here due to the heat.
yeaa i heard about marsello's from the guy who used to work at barney's in the galleria before they closed 
frown.gif

i needed my apc's altered since they were too long.. most deff dude, i stay in spring, not to far from willlowbrook area..

If you're talking about hemming jeans, I would throw down the extra dough and send them to Self Edge. I have my IH hemmed and they are
smokin.gif
When Barneys closed up shop, I was pissed! It was really the only store of it's kind. One where you could walk in and just talk to people like you were in a regular store but at the same time find yourself dropping 5k
laugh.gif
We will soon have more options in a month or so. West Ave will have two shops opening soon. 310 Rosemont is moving over there. They carry Helm, Evisu, etc. A lot of boutique labels, but great sales. The other place is called Rye 51. It's a sister store to Q Custom Clothier which is opening also. I know they carry high end street apparel in the Dallas store, so I have high hopes for their opening.

Originally Posted by generaiya

Generaiya must have those Lanvins. Which season are they from?

Last season. They were on sale for $220-$250 a month or so ago.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

What do you guys think of the Alden for J. Crew longwing bluchers? These seem like a wardrobe staple.

server

I'm just not a fan of longwings, i've seen less than a handful that I like and that isn't one of them. A regular wingtip would be a staple, longwings, not so much for me anyways.
I guess to each his own. Wish I had your blessing on this one RFX but I don't think I'm going to let you talk me out of it. I prefer the balance and lines of the longwings over the standard wingtips.

server

It's all good. It's all personal taste.
But if I were asked what shoe should a man have in his closet, especially as a staple, longwings will probably on the very bottom of the list.

Not to say that I've never seen it look good, It's just not for m.e
If it's any consolation, Nii likes it.

tired.gif

pimp.gif

info on the watch? I need to add something like that to my collection.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

whats the difference with wingtips and longwings?

Mainly the brogue part on the longwings runs all the way to the back while a regular wingtip goes down towards the welt.
HjJ5s.jpg
cTvNz.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

It's all good. It's all personal taste.
But if I were asked what shoe should a man have in his closet, especially as a staple, longwings will probably on the very bottom of the list.

Not to say that I've never seen it look good, It's just not for m.e
If it's any consolation, Nii likes it.

Huge consolation.

Alden Longwings in Cordovan leather

Alden+Long+Wing+closeup.jpg

I don't know, the shape just isn't doing it for me. Even in cordovan, which make almost any shoe looks great.

Originally Posted by shoemasta72

houston is the worst to wear anything for summer time.. i went to LA a few weeks ago and was able to wear shirts out there that i couldnt possibly wear here due to the heat.
yeaa i heard about marsello's from the guy who used to work at barney's in the galleria before they closed 
frown.gif

i needed my apc's altered since they were too long.. most deff dude, i stay in spring, not to far from willlowbrook area..

If you're talking about hemming jeans, I would throw down the extra dough and send them to Self Edge. I have my IH hemmed and they are
smokin.gif
When Barneys closed up shop, I was pissed! It was really the only store of it's kind. One where you could walk in and just talk to people like you were in a regular store but at the same time find yourself dropping 5k
laugh.gif
We will soon have more options in a month or so. West Ave will have two shops opening soon. 310 Rosemont is moving over there. They carry Helm, Evisu, etc. A lot of boutique labels, but great sales. The other place is called Rye 51. It's a sister store to Q Custom Clothier which is opening also. I know they carry high end street apparel in the Dallas store, so I have high hopes for their opening.
yea i really only purchased my denim there, they had really dope gear but pricey as F*(&. LOL knowledgeable staff also. imma be on the look out for those shops though. Have you checked out Mortar on westheimer? they got some nice clothes and also carry a nice amount of denim. i might be making my next purchase there for some baldwins.
**on another note for everyone out there, idk if its been stated here yet but the other day i went to the gap and they have slim fit selvege denim right now for $90 i tried them on they fit pretty decent. Not the best denim but for the price, theyd make some nice beaters 
glasses.gif

though i might wait till they go on sale 
laugh.gif

That watch is from Merona. Cop it online at target for 12 bucks be careful bc its cheep quality. i snaged it against my pocket and one of the bars holding the trap brtoke. i couldnt find it bc i was annihilated playing beerpong when it happened.

Originally Posted by PghShoeCollector

tired.gif

pimp.gif

For a watch like that, hit up your local Target or Wal-Mart. You'd be surprised. I found this one at Target for $11.99. It had some ugly, fake gator strap, took it off and put on a NATO strap
pimp.gif
I have a couple of those NATO straps and switch up depending on my mood.
2001i.jpg

Edit: My watch is Merona too. I was thinking about the chronograph but went with this when I realized the chronograph dials are just stickers
laugh.gif
They actually have nice faces, like an all-black one. And $11.99, can't beat that!

No price yet but I am going to guess in the $350 range. Definitely instakopping since I missed out on the previous varsities. Color combinations are set though this time, still hasn't said what the choices are as of yet.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

No price yet but I am going to guess in the $350 range. Definitely instakopping since I missed out on the previous varsities. Color combinations are set though this time, still hasn't said what the choices are as of yet.

As long as I can get an all black version, I'll be happy
pimp.gif

$350 price range sounds great, I hope it is.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Originally Posted by PghShoeCollector

tired.gif

pimp.gif

For a watch like that, hit up your local Target or Wal-Mart. You'd be surprised. I found this one at Target for $11.99. It had some ugly, fake gator strap, took it off and put on a NATO strap
pimp.gif
I have a couple of those NATO straps and switch up depending on my mood.
2001i.jpg

Edit: My watch is Merona too. I was thinking about the chronograph but went with this when I realized the chronograph dials are just stickers
laugh.gif
They actually have nice faces, like an all-black one. And $11.99, can't beat that!

where can you get the straps? i've been looking to cop an affordable good looking conservative watch. done with casio.

play2much2004,  These are the Striver Row & Co. Wingtips boots.
http://www.striversrowusa.com

774 N. Highland Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30306

678-973-0045

I just texted my connection at the store, he's getting me the quote. (laughing) Great stuff there.

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, arial, 'sans Serif']
[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, arial, 'sans Serif']
[/font]

Back
Top Bottom