Dressing better

Originally Posted by streetballa2311

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Nice outfit Ace, sorry to hear about your Grandmother.

pLEVI1-10215043_outfitmain_t330x400.jpg

LandingpageBackground.jpg
Can anyone identify these shoes (far left in the second pic)? or anyone know of anything similar with a flat sole like that?
Thanks in advance.

They are seavees 7 eye trail boot.  that color way came out about a year or 2 ago hard to find I'm looking for that color right now myself.  they got new colors here http://seavees.com/shop/p...mens/02_60._7_eye_trail/  good luck.  

I need an ID on the shoes on the far right 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by marmourjr

CjGenius368 wrote:
^^^It's the summer, so I don't think you should be layering with a sweater vest, and I'm not sure if you'll want to wear tweed either. I also don't think you should rent a tux, and you would be better off buying a suit (basic charcoal grey or navy) if you chose to go that route.

I'm not all that stylish or adventurous, but I honestly can't envision an outfit involving a tweed blazer at a wedding. Not sure if other folks have recommendations...

I have to agree. Honestly, I think that's over doing it.  Just get you a khaki suit, you can wear a denim shirt with a tie and desert boots.  Do not rent a tux. 
^ Best advice. 

The Blazers are/should match the shoes being that they are pretty much the same brownish color, but the question I pose to you is this: I am going overboard?...Should I just rent a reg tux/suit and be like the rest of the "lames" at the wedding? And if its not overdoing it, what type of pants should I wear with the outfit.  I'm planning to wear the vest,  but have no idea what shirt/tie (white/?) to wear under or if should even bother with it altogether (that is, if the attire is appropriate for the wedding)....Any help/insight will help and sorry for the format of this post...trying to get those people who don't read  W.O.Ts (being that this is NT) to respond too 
grin.gif
 ....Thanks 

I get what you are getting at by calling everyone else with a suit "lame", but it's childish.  They are dressing for the occasion.  Now, it looks like you want to stand out from the pack, which is all fine and dandy.

First of all, having a well-fitting suit of your own will make you standout instantly.  You can instantly tell that the majority of  people that don suits at a  weddings just wore it off the rack or just grabbed it from the back of the closet (
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
).  So having a well fitting suit will put you ahead of the pack.

Though Charcoal is very versatile, it is common, so you might not be the only one with a charcoal suit.  If you want to stand out... DON'T WEAR A BLACK SUIT.  That is what the majority of folks will be wearing.

I really liked GQ's spread on Summer Suit/Wedding options.  The spread was made for those that want to standout.  These were my favorites:

darren-criss-gq-june-2011-02.jpg

smokin.gif
(sans the bow tie, I prefer wearing a tie, personal preference).

darren-criss-gq-june-2011-07.jpg

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
(personal preference: replace bow tie with skinny/slim tie or go tie-less)

Originally Posted by marmourjr

CjGenius368 wrote:
^^^It's the summer, so I don't think you should be layering with a sweater vest, and I'm not sure if you'll want to wear tweed either. I also don't think you should rent a tux, and you would be better off buying a suit (basic charcoal grey or navy) if you chose to go that route.

I'm not all that stylish or adventurous, but I honestly can't envision an outfit involving a tweed blazer at a wedding. Not sure if other folks have recommendations...

I have to agree. Honestly, I think that's over doing it.  Just get you a khaki suit, you can wear a denim shirt with a tie and desert boots.  Do not rent a tux. 

Good looks guys....I had a feeling it was, but I never listen to my initial thought ...I went out today to look at some stuff and I think Ima buy a jacket in one of the colors ya suggested and match it up from there (don't wanna buy a cheap suit and the price for buying the whole set up (i.e. - the better/brand name) for something I will only wear once in a while is too much right now)...and for what Ima pay to rent something, I rather buy something to keep on deck....Thanks again 
pimp.gif

Edit - ooIRON MANoo  - yea I wasn't being serious just trying to make a funny 
laugh.gif
....Thanks to you as well
pimp.gif
...Ima check out GQ's website and see what they have to offer before I step out and make it offical...I was planning on getting something off the rack and just taking it to get tailored
tired.gif
 (lol)....I was at Burlington and Macy's  (not much stores out here in Allentown), but I might take a drive to the mall out in King of Prussia because they have alot more stores and a Neiman Marcus as well (outlets not too far out as well)....but Ima look into it...worst comes to worst Ima have to make that sacrifice...Thanks to all again.....ya my ninjas  

Originally Posted by JordanFreaks

anyone ever purchase a suit from h&m before? I'm eyeing this navy one, wanted some suggestions.
I never seen one in the store...how the material feels? ( I always rub the material, lol).  But the major thing is, how does it looks on you?  You do get it, make sure you bring it to a tailor.  Got pics?

I plan on picking it up tmrw to try on w/ shirt, shoes and tie and I'll snap a pic. I plan on wearing it to a wedding so it will be tailored, thanks.

Hey folks. I got a quick question. Tomorrow, I'm going in to DC to eat for restaurant week with some friends at Charlie Palmer. It says "dressy" attire. However, it's for lunch. So, I'm guessing it's not as serious or strict as if it was for dinner.

My question is can I get away with desert boots, some slim khakis, and a button up? Thanks!

Also, are jeans that big of a no-no? ... even if they're dark, well-fitting.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Sup guys. It's been a minute. 

My grandmother passed away recently and the funeral was Saturday. 

They wanted the family to wear lighter colors...

6039157369_3f0ddf547e.jpg

Nice man, condolences to your fam.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Hey folks. I got a quick question. Tomorrow, I'm going in to DC to eat for restaurant week with some friends at Charlie Palmer. It says "dressy" attire. However, it's for lunch. So, I'm guessing it's not as serious or strict as if it was for dinner.

My question is can I get away with desert boots, some slim khakis, and a button up? Thanks!

Also, are jeans that big of a no-no? ... even if they're dark, well-fitting.
I won't say either way, but i'll leave this piece of information here.
Most "fine dining" places that do lunch cater to the business crowd. I know if you walk in to any high end restaurant in Houston during lunch, 95% of the patrons will be in suits. With that said, most joints in this economy won't turn you away unless you are in shorts, flip flops and a hat.

post a few pages back made me go out and buy a timex weekender but i wanna get an assortment of straps.
cheap canvas straps anyone?

i know NATO but anywhere else?

What color is that shirt

i'm moving to chicago in a few weeks & i never really had to worry about wearing water proof boots living in nashville.. are there any recommendations? thoughts on redwings?

Originally Posted by JordanFreaks

anyone ever purchase a suit from h&m before? I'm eyeing this navy one, wanted some suggestions.

I have two. And for around 130 for a well fitting suit, I couldn't ask for more.
It just depends what you're buying for. For me, I bought them knowing that I'm in college and I don't need something that will last me forever, I just needed something that would last me a decen amount of time, for cheap, an still looked good. 

After two years + and numerous dry cleanings the suit still looks good, but you can tell that the crispness will wear off soon. 

One thing when buying a suit is to notice the craftsmanship on each piece, because quality control is nonexistent at H&M and one piece could definitely be better than another.

There are also designer suits that are more expensive but only available at the higher end H&M's. The quality and fit is alot nicer, but you're looking to pay almost 250-300 dollars.

In short, they are well fitting off the rack, especially the slim suits, and for the price, I don't mind buying 2 or 3 suits for the retail price of one suit that I can rotate and suffice till I make some money and get a nicer suit.

hope it helped!

Originally Posted by Retro23J

What color is that shirt
I think its blue bro. 

Derrtay,

thanks a lot for the info, I've had previous suits from Tommy and CK, paid $250-300 for each. The quality was great but I feel like they didn't fit as good as the H&M suit. As I was trying on the suit the other day I noticed that the button on the jacket fell off after trying it on. I'm still on the fence about getting it since I'm looking for a navy suit for a wedding in Sept., I don't really have a budget but I'm not trying to break the bank on a suit. I know many suggest purchasing a quality suit b/c it will last you longer, but I just can't seem to find a nice navy suit. I'll have to go back and try it out again, unless anyone else has a suggestion on a navy suit?

JordanFreaks wrote:
Derrtay,

thanks a lot for the info, I've had previous suits from Tommy and CK, paid $250-300 for each. The quality was great but I feel like they didn't fit as good as the H&M suit. As I was trying on the suit the other day I noticed that the button on the jacket fell off after trying it on. I'm still on the fence about getting it since I'm looking for a navy suit for a wedding in Sept., I don't really have a budget but I'm not trying to break the bank on a suit. I know many suggest purchasing a quality suit b/c it will last you longer, but I just can't seem to find a nice navy suit. I'll have to go back and try it out again, unless anyone else has a suggestion on a navy suit?

My words of advice. If the suit looks good on you, get it and make sure it's tailored.  Alteration can make a difference. I hope you find something.

Here's a couple of site you can look at:

http://www.80spurple.com/shop/category/6215/the-suit-shop

http://www1.macys.com/cat...inkType=#fn=PRICE%3D50.0|99.99000000000001%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D50

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.html#/code:069475-000-69/

http://www.shopstyle.com/browse/mens-suits

Back
Top Bottom