(code: NYC2011)

Shoes.com - Expires 9/230

20% off and free shipping
(code: SECRET20)

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Land's End Sale

25% off Everything L.E.C. with code: SAVE25 and pin: 1231

Is Land's End really what's up?
They sell it at my job, I get 20% off in stores and online.

this is soon to be my new home thread. As most niketalkers here we have been into the sneaker craze for sometime and simply grew old(er). i have a couple pairs of cole haans, clarks and thrift wingtips/chukkas but am looking to go beyond. i guess this is my intro into dressing better l0l

I've always wanted to try my hand a blurring the lines between casual and formal. Last night I said %@$# it and just did it...

nerd.gif

Good idea, but it didn't come together well.
You could try an oxford plaid sportshirt, black knit tie, and fitted denim with the jacket sleeves still rolled.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Good idea, but it didn't come together well.
You could try an oxford plaid sportshirt, black knit tie, and fitted denim with the jacket sleeves still rolled.

That would generally defeat the "casual" part of the look, no? 
wink.gif

For me it doesn't, but it depends on how you yourself define formal and casual.
plaid sportshirt vs. dress shirt
formal tuxedo pant vs. denim
ect....

My point is try a few different options.  Even a better fitting v-neck tucked in paired with what you already have on
would change your whole setup.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

For me it doesn't, but it depends on how you yourself define formal and casual.
plaid sportshirt vs. dress shirt
formal tuxedo pant vs. denim
ect....

My point is try a few different options.  Even a better fitting v-neck tucked in paired with what you already have on
would change your whole setup.
I completely understand what you're trying to say. I guess what I should have said from the beginning was by "blurring the lines", I was just doing a very casual look with a very formal piece. Next time I won't do a v neck though...I thought that was TOO casual, but I still ran with it. 
I appreciate the feedback regardless!

^ No to the vneck being tucked in, that's never a goodluck...especially if you're going for casual formal.

A slightly more fitting vneck and some khaki colored pants and I think it's a hit.

Use code: EXTRA20KC for 20% off at kohls.com, good through tomorrow the 25th.

For those of you with the dockers alpha khakis, I tried on the D1s because that's all they have at my local mall. Is the alpha fit similar to the D1 but with a tapered leg opening?

Originally Posted by HHHornet15

Use code: EXTRA20KC for 20% off at kohls.com, good through tomorrow the 25th.

For those of you with the dockers alpha khakis, I tried on the D1s because that's all they have at my local mall. Is the alpha fit similar to the D1 but with a tapered leg opening?

And Kohl's allows two coupon codes, so even though it's only 99 cents, you can use USHIPFREE for free shipping.   let's see if it ships.

what i posted was info on how to get them for $15 a pop (for the alphas) after the 20% off code and free shipping (but the free shipping code isn't needed if your order is over $50).

i'm trying figure out how i did it, but it's definitely a glitch.

i'll post before the coupon expires tomorrow if i figure it out.

--
edit: alright, so i can't really post a 'reliable' guide, since it's been hit or miss with me, but i'll post it tonight. it might take a couple tries, but it works.

but before i post it, please do not post this on slickdeals or fatwallet, unless you want your orders to be cancelled.

i stocked up on 9 pairs
laugh.gif
. probably gonna flip three on eBay, but it only works on the black, navy, and khakis (the other two colors— which i'm guessing are newer, since the photos are different, do not work with this trick).

here's a copy of one of my orders:

seubux.jpg

the trick is to add the pants to your cart.

then close your browser.

open up kohl's.com again.

the new lower price then comes up in your cart.

update: well, my order from yesterday is in 'fulfillment', so i'm guessing that will go through for sure.

the other two say 'submitted' (since i just ordered them). wish they would of had them in terra cotta, would of stocked up on those too.

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

the trick is to add the pants to your cart.

then close your browser.

open up kohl's.com again.

the new lower price then comes up.
well, there you go.
laugh.gif

please don't post this on slickdeals either lol.

and if any of you are smart (and are looking to flip), do a couple small orders rather than one BIG order. kohl's might red flag it, and patch the glitch.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

so it just randomly showed up at 18.79?

here's the way i did it:

- i add the pants that i want to my cart (it only works with the black, navy, and khakis).
- once they're in the cart, i close the tab.
- wait 10 minutes (maybe not necessary, but figured i post every step that worked for me
laugh.gif
)
- go back to this thread, click the kohls link i posted.
- add the same pants to my cart again (but in another size)
- the ones that were in my cart before are now updated to $18.xx, while the new ones i just added are regular price.

add both coupons, and you're good to go.
laugh.gif

not sure if some of the steps were necessary, but that's how it worked for me. sometimes it took a couple tries, but it works. tried it with both firefox and safari.

Back
Top Bottom