Dressing better

Thinking about getting these LEC Boots....seem like a poor college guys version of the Alden Indy's, I'd probably wanna go with black tho 
laugh.gif

2ibdd1d.jpg
anyone know anything about these? Seem to have good reviews on their site

Guys can we talk about tailoring for a second, specifically with jeans. I dont know anything about it, never even been to a tailor. Is there proper language or etiquette I need to be aware of?
Can the width of my jean legs be taken in, or is that task unwise to ask a tailor? Is there a particular finish on the cuff that looks best on jeans? Im sure there are more questions that I should ask that I dont know to ask. "Unknown Unknowns" if you will. Any help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Once again NT has some people giving the worst advice.  The jacket is navy which goes perfectly fine with light tan and the brown shoes.  And are you really trying to say the pants are to casual?  He is wearing a cardigan under a sport coat, it isn't meant to be a formal look.  Only thing I would have done differently is lose the tie, but it doesn't look bad with it at all.

Man you dont know #$#! about $@*%%@@ clothing... wait till someone like Nii to chime in.. the jacket doesnt even fight right and those damn pants DO NOT go with that #$#!.. grey pants would have been better... and wearing a sports coat and a cardigan and a tie is non formal casual? He's trying to mesh both styles together it doesn't work fall back. j crew
roll.gif
And how do you know I don't know anything about clothing?  Maybe you should broaden your horizon and look further from the Niketalk Dressing Better thread to form your opinions cause you young sir don't know +@+# about clothing.  A navy sportcoat and khakis is perfectly fine, if not a classic look. I can agree the tie is to much but there is nothing wrong with that.  Have you ever heard of business casual? That is basically what his fit is. 

And
roll.gif
at you waiting for Nii to say what he thinks like he is the be all end all of opinions.  Might as well be crying for your mom to come in here to back you up.

As far as calling me J.Crew
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Last I checked I have never made any reference to the way I dress, which is pretty far from the "J Crew style"

So, khaki and navy can't be worn together and Nii's say so is needed to address all "Dressing Better" quarrels?
laugh.gif

Back to reality. Proper, my pants are uniqlo chinos. LyonBC1, the blazer is Jcpenney stafford brand, highly un-recommended. I had thrown it on thinking it was my B.Rep blazer. 

Originally Posted by LyonBC1

Thinking about getting these LEC Boots....seem like a poor college guys version of the Alden Indy's, I'd probably wanna go with black tho 
laugh.gif

2ibdd1d.jpg

glasses.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by aceofjays

What up? 

Here are some fits from the past few days.

6315278454_15128ce703_z.jpg

Don't mind the tie to lapel width ratio, I know it's off 
tongue.gif

info on the pants.

This looks pretty bad man.. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say thats blue not black. The worse part about this outfit is your pants..they don't go with that outfit.. too casual too light

Would like to provide what is (i hope) a more informed critique:

Love almost every piece on its own, good color/pattern combo, beautiful shoes.  Cardigan looks navy to me, but it looks a little tight as opposed to slim and I'm still not crazy about it under that blazer - maybe grey or something with a little more contrast?   That tie doesn't trouble me so much with those lapels but, even though it's a perfect spread collar (fits well, not so wide it inadvertently becomes a cutaway), you might want to go point with a skinny tie.  Overall, though - it's a good look that with a few tweaks can take you almost anywhere.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

StaXX wrote:

This looks pretty bad man.. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say thats blue not black. The worse part about this outfit is your pants..they don't go with that outfit.. too casual too light

Not sure if serious..
my man probably sat there in southpole pe pe le pew tee tombout that fit is off
30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by andy206

info on the last page (the guy with the cheap fits) - is that a blog? link?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

If anyone knows of a blog like this i would greatly appreciate it.  Dressing nice on a budget is tough but do-able

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

I'll give dude his props but his shoes look really warn out

I noticed that too. I think that is kind of his thing though. 
Yeah I think its his thing to show case cheap yet good fits within an affordable price range.

Any opinions on these? They are leather with a rubber heel. How causally do you think these could be worn?

Always love looking in here, great info.

Originally Posted by raburns04

info on the pants.

Would like to provide what is (i hope) a more informed critique:

Love almost every piece on its own, good color/pattern combo, beautiful shoes.  Cardigan looks navy to me, but it looks a little tight as opposed to slim and I'm still not crazy about it under that blazer - maybe grey or something with a little more contrast?   That tie doesn't trouble me so much with those lapels but, even though it's a perfect spread collar (fits well, not so wide it inadvertently becomes a cutaway), you might want to go point with a skinny tie.  Overall, though - it's a good look that with a few tweaks can take you almost anywhere.

Now that is just nitpicking.
laugh.gif

It's a great fit, no need to critique. You can always change something small to make an outfit "look better" but thats all subjective.

And did dis guy just sed dat navy and khaki dont go together?! 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

Originally Posted by LyonBC1

laugh.gif

2ibdd1d.jpg

glasses.gif

Whats LEC? Link?

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Any one have an idea of what brand this watch is?
bnds-bracelet-collection-3-620x413.jpg
Looks Like a Timex. Jcrew Sells the replaceable straps for them during the warmer seasons.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Lands End Canvas
Thanks. My dad really likes my Indy boots and he said he used to wear the similar ones when he was younger and was going to get him a pair but when tried on the pair of Aldens I have, he felt it was way too heavy for him. Hopefully the LEC version is much lighter.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by andy206

info on the last page (the guy with the cheap fits) - is that a blog? link?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

If anyone knows of a blog like this i would greatly appreciate it.  Dressing nice on a budget is tough but do-able

stayclassic.tumblr.com/
nice blog, worth the follow...even more worth the follow...my blog! *cough see sig *cough
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Got this Zara short duffle coat in the mail today.  Very happy with it.  I've been looking for a short mid-weight coat for awhile now.  Had to size up since everything fits a size smaller and need to alter the sleeves since they're really long.
4948300800_1_1_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom