Dressing better

Originally Posted by illmatickal

New pickups...Herring Chamberlain
ueG3v.jpg
So So So Sexy!!!

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

^^^ I was you at one point, and one thing I will recommend is lose weight.  Don't buy a suit and try to slim down to at least 215-225.

I know it sounds drastic, but you will just look like the portly older men with big belly's in a suit.  It's just my suggestion.

If you are on a budget, hit up Burlington Coat Factory, they have cheap marked down suits if you are in a financial bind.  You can always hit up Banana Republic during their F&F's but their suits are catered to slim folks, just warning you.  Brooks Brothers has a decent selection for your build, but it will cost you a little more.

I've seen steals at dept. stores for good suits, just go during major sales.

I know my suggestion is against the grain since most would say that suits are an investment (I agree), but if your body is going to change, go quantity over quality.  If you are going to see a suit as an investment, then invest in your body/health as well.  Then you can buy more expensive, even custom suits.
ohwell.gif
..you've deflated me. Nah, respect the input. I know the stats make it seem like I'm disgusting but I'm solid. I dont have a beer belly or saggy #***. I have a "football build". I understand though cause I feel weird when I go to a wedding and throw some slacks on and they're slimming but my chest and shoulder widths are ridic.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

^^^ I was you at one point, and one thing I will recommend is lose weight.  Don't buy a suit and try to slim down to at least 215-225.

I know it sounds drastic, but you will just look like the portly older men with big belly's in a suit.  It's just my suggestion.

If you are on a budget, hit up Burlington Coat Factory, they have cheap marked down suits if you are in a financial bind.  You can always hit up Banana Republic during their F&F's but their suits are catered to slim folks, just warning you.  Brooks Brothers has a decent selection for your build, but it will cost you a little more.

I've seen steals at dept. stores for good suits, just go during major sales.

I know my suggestion is against the grain since most would say that suits are an investment (I agree), but if your body is going to change, go quantity over quality.  If you are going to see a suit as an investment, then invest in your body/health as well.  Then you can buy more expensive, even custom suits.
ohwell.gif
..you've deflated me. Nah, respect the input. I know the stats make it seem like I'm disgusting but I'm solid. I dont have a beer belly or saggy #***. I have a "football build". I understand though cause I feel weird when I go to a wedding and throw some slacks on and they're slimming but my chest and shoulder widths are ridic.

I like the way these Duckie Browns look(left). Would the Sperry Topsiders (on the right) be a good  (affordable) substitute? $400 for shoes isnt in the budget right now.
10-copy2.jpg
1502051-p-DETAILED.jpg

I like the way these Duckie Browns look(left). Would the Sperry Topsiders (on the right) be a good  (affordable) substitute? $400 for shoes isnt in the budget right now.
10-copy2.jpg
1502051-p-DETAILED.jpg

where does everyone buy black vneck tee shirts? I am not talking about hanes undershirts. Is there a certain brand for it? I don't like the deep v or the really thick v shape ones.  

mossimo-black-v-neck-t-shirt.jpg

where does everyone buy black vneck tee shirts? I am not talking about hanes undershirts. Is there a certain brand for it? I don't like the deep v or the really thick v shape ones.  

Originally Posted by JStunn197

Can we talk about underwear for a minute?

For those of you who work in an office environment and live in colder climates, are you wearing anything under your slacks? Like long johns? Every morning I when walk outside and the cold wind rips through my thin dress pants like a warm knife through butter I tell myself I have to do something about it... but I never do. There has to be a layering alternative to thermal underwear that isn't so thick and obtrusive.
Everyone gives the Heat Tech stuff from Uniqlo high praise for this purpose, might want to check it out.  Thinking of getting some myself.

Originally Posted by JStunn197

Can we talk about underwear for a minute?

For those of you who work in an office environment and live in colder climates, are you wearing anything under your slacks? Like long johns? Every morning I when walk outside and the cold wind rips through my thin dress pants like a warm knife through butter I tell myself I have to do something about it... but I never do. There has to be a layering alternative to thermal underwear that isn't so thick and obtrusive.
Everyone gives the Heat Tech stuff from Uniqlo high praise for this purpose, might want to check it out.  Thinking of getting some myself.

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

CK 3 packs from TJmaxx/marshalls

Originally Posted by Based Mod

this man speaks the truth
pimp.gif
, I got some this weekend from Marshalls for a really good price, same exact ones go for $30 at Macys
sick.gif
... You can get some cheaper ones at H&M but the best quality though...

pimp.gif
, I got some this weekend from Marshalls for a really good price, same exact ones go for $30 at Macys
sick.gif

There's a brand called 2xist or something like that at Nordstrom Rack

Really good quality v-necks and the v isn't that deep

Comes in packs of 3

Originally Posted by maulrat

10-copy2.jpg
1502051-p-DETAILED.jpg
I would say it's a decent substitute.  I personally think it's a little easier to substitute with a lower quality shoe if it's suede.  You won't have the wooden sole though, which is definitely a factor imo.  The soles on those Sperry's will probably be much bulkier and stick out more (a look I don't like).  But if they're under $100, might as well if you're trying to save.

Target got V necks and Crews by mossimo that fit perfect IMO

Thermals, Henley and more all for the low in all kinda colors

Jockey V-Necks work for me, also tried Hanes V-Necks and they aren't too bad.  Not as comfy/soft as Jockey.

I'm looking for some black cap/toe shoes, reasonably priced.  Rubber sole mainly, lots of walking and they are for work.  My Bostonians are beat up pretty bad.

Originally Posted by ImRobindaHood

pimp.gif
sick.gif

Zara

Back
Top Bottom