Dressing better

What's your favorite brand of white t shirts? Good fit all the way through, soft yet durable fabric, sleeves aren't too short, and collar not too loose so it wrinkles up?

You know, for those days you just put one on with your raw denim and boots.

For me Stafford is too wide and short and CK's sleeves are too short...
Looking for that go-to shirt

Originally Posted by KK Sl1der

What's your favorite brand of white t shirts? Good fit all the way through, soft yet durable fabric, sleeves aren't too short, and collar not too loose so it wrinkles up?

The best fit I've found is DKNY. 
But in general these are made as undershirts and really can't be worn more than once as t-shirts before they start looking raggedy. One wear then put it in the undershirt rotation. 

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

Sorry for the big pics, But i am just wonderin what you guys think about the fit on this suit. Its a hugo boss slim fit red label suit, and i was trying it on last week, and just wnted some opinions on how it fits/looks. I am really feeling this suit and idk if the shoulders fit, or wheter its pulling too much etc. thoughts would be appreciated and, yea ill always have a collar roll, because my shoulders are shaped really square and on one side a little uneven , but even on my baggier suits i had a collar roll, so yea, also, this suit is a 36 R, im on the smaller side around 5'8 140 

Surprisingly the jacket looks fine, probably just need to shorten the sleeves.  Could probably taken in the waist for a more hour glass shape but judging by the side pic, the back vent is already splitting/opening when buttoned.  I'd stay away from getting the 36 S as recommended above, unless you want that Thom Browne shrunken blazer look.  Stick with the length you currently have, Regular.  As long as you like the suit, go for it.  Personally, since it's Hugo Red, I would make sure it was 100% wool as most that fall in this line are wool/poly/lycra blends.

On another note, can anyone shed any light as how to place orders with Uniqlo over the phone (if they still do it)?  Is it on anything listed on their website?

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

Sorry for the big pics, But i am just wonderin what you guys think about the fit on this suit. Its a hugo boss slim fit red label suit, and i was trying it on last week, and just wnted some opinions on how it fits/looks. I am really feeling this suit and idk if the shoulders fit, or wheter its pulling too much etc. thoughts would be appreciated and, yea ill always have a collar roll, because my shoulders are shaped really square and on one side a little uneven , but even on my baggier suits i had a collar roll, so yea, also, this suit is a 36 R, im on the smaller side around 5'8 140 

looks fine, just needs a tailors touch, I'm about the same size as you (5'8, 140) and wear a 38 R with a little adjustment to the sleeve. i can't really tell how the shoulders are looking they look a little large but it may just be the pic, u should NOT go smaller or larger than that though. just take it to the tailor, or possibly try a diff brand of suit ( z for zegna) 

Originally Posted by Arbas

Originally Posted by solegit08til

Originally Posted by dyyhard

just picked up a pair of English made Trickers Wingtip Derby Brogues in Coffee for $325 at Sierra Trading Post. Used the 35% off coupon.

(not my pic)

they have some other styles including boots...

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/trickers~b~1917/
Was the Englishman who made those drunk?
laugh.gif
Seriously. What happened with those??? I've never seen a pair of Tricker's look so off. The left boot looks very misaligned. 
again not my pic, so it's hard to say, but maybe it's just the angles, or maybe the laces weren't tied tight enough, or maybe the englishman went to work after a long night at the pub after his wife left him.

Originally Posted by KK Sl1der

Staffords used to be my go to.  But I find them too long now.  I've been buying a bunch of brands.  Need to try a few more.  So far my favorites have been Jockey.  I like the Egyptian cotton ck makes so maybe i'll go back to them.  I really liked the tommy hilfiger ones but they shrink, I should just size up on them next time.

Dont post much here, but i go through every page
laugh.gif

heres a fit i threw together to go out in the city today
oupehc.jpg

Originally Posted by GRideBounca11

can i get yall opinion on this jacket?
303412_mrp_in_l.jpg
303412_mrp_fr_l.jpg

something for the spring. Im contemplating pulling the trigger. I really dig the quilt/leather fusion. what would yall pair this with?

Can I get details. Interdested

I recently got a job at a IT based company where everyone dresses very casual. Tshirts, jeans, and sneakers are ok, however I'd like to keep it a bit more professional without being over-the-top. Any places I can find some good ideas on how to look business casual/professional without looking too formal?

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by GRideBounca11

can i get yall opinion on this jacket?
303412_mrp_in_l.jpg
303412_mrp_fr_l.jpg

something for the spring. Im contemplating pulling the trigger. I really dig the quilt/leather fusion. what would yall pair this with?

Can I get details. Interdested
I dunno.... joint kinda look inside out.

Can't imagine that jacket as a spring jacket. Looks too thick and padded and too warm.

hey RFX, whats the lowest youve seen a pair of lanvin sneakers go for? I'm eyeing the lowtops (suede & patent leather toe cap) that you have. and also Are brown sneakers difficult to pull off? Most of my wardrobe consists of khaki, blue, grey, and red. not much of black but those ones u have are so sex. thanks

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

hey RFX, whats the lowest youve seen a pair of lanvin sneakers go for? I'm eyeing the lowtops (suede & patent leather toe cap) that you have. and also Are brown sneakers difficult to pull off? Most of my wardrobe consists of khaki, blue, grey, and red. not much of black but those ones u have are so sex. thanks
On a perfect day, $250 is probably the lowest. ~$300-$350 is a decent price especially since it is such a versatile pair. However, brown sneakers doesn't work like brown dress shoes where it works with almost any color that isn't black. It can be pulled off, you just need to be more careful. If you can the black pair with black patent toe, it can probably be worn with everything, including khakis. This is probably one of the pairs of sneakers I feel like a sneakerhead again to a point that I want to buy another pair to stock for later.
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

EbteE.jpg

anyone know where I can find this sort of m65 style jacket from in the $100-150 range? 
5.jpg

Yo anyone wanna share a link to this shoe below 
I know it is a Clarks Desert Boot but WHAT IS THE COLORWAY 

11soz08.jpg

thanks 

Originally Posted by CJ863

anyone know where I can find this sort of m65 style jacket from in the $100-150 range? 
5.jpg
H&M: $60, VERY similar to that...little bit lighter color though.

sauuceking wrote:
I recently got a job at a IT based company where everyone dresses very casual. Tshirts, jeans, and sneakers are ok, however I'd like to keep it a bit more professional without being over-the-top. Any places I can find some good ideas on how to look business casual/professional without looking too formal?
button up and v-neck sweaters is a good look, keep the tie out of the equation to keep it casual.  Also, I'd recommend solid thermals or sweatshirts...as long as it fits good, it'll look good and slightly dressed up.

King Arthur wrote:
Yo anyone wanna share a link to this shoe below 
I know it is a Clarks Desert Boot but WHAT IS THE COLORWAY 

11soz08.jpg

thanks 

Those are Dark Brown Bushacres.

Originally Posted by tommycap06

wdywt 12.18

My favorite type of outfit, well put together but I still wear my sneakers.

info on the sweater? I've seen similar ones, but none had the full button down front 

Not sure if posted but LANDS END CANVAS 40% OFF Use the code DONNER and the pin 1585 at either Lands’ End Canvas, Lands’ End, or both, and there’s a chance you’ll get your order by Friday.

I've grown very fond of Jockey, just love the way they fit/feel.  I've tried the new Hanes as well, not bad, but not as good as Jockey.

Stafford are just cut too long, and are too thick for my liking.  So yeah, Jockey is my choice.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I've grown very fond of Jockey, just love the way they fit/feel.  I've tried the new Hanes as well, not bad, but not as good as Jockey.

Stafford are just cut too long, and are too thick for my liking.  So yeah, Jockey is my choice.

You and me both brother
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom