Dressing better

Cole Haan websise is having an extra 30% off their sale items with the code: SPSALE09
They also have a free ground shipping at the moment on any order.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

I'm going to wear a tux pretty soon and im wondering should they fit like how suits were posted from GQ?
Can anyone provided nice pictures of people in tuxedos. What i meant from the suits from GQ is that they're all pretty slender and slim fitted making them looking nice.

To be honest, just check out some pictures of the recent Academy Awards.
There are usually well dressed men there that you could take some hints from.

Different lapel:
daniel-craig-2009-oscars-022209-lg-70612550.jpg

Other than the option of substituting the bow-tie with a regular black tie, you can't really go wrong with any of those.
Shawl collar tux. James Bond was clean that night
pimp.gif

how do clarks' desert boots fit? i usually wear a 12 in dunks, air maxes and the like, but i hear that clarks should be sized down. i have a 12 in claesand those feel a little big.

i can't try them on, so i need some guidance. i have flat feet and feel that 12 is my true size...so should i get the 12 or 11 1/2 in clarks' desertboots?

Any1 wanna recommend me some nice black straight legged jeans - that are not 501 Shiny?

I cant pull that off but the LEVIs price tag is exactly around my range.

any alternatives?

Congrats on reaching 10,000 posts RFX. I would tell you to make an appreciation post for it but, you would probably post pics of IWC and Hublot watches andnice suits.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by nologo02184

how do clarks' desert boots fit? i usually wear a 12 in dunks, air maxes and the like, but i hear that clarks should be sized down. i have a 12 in claes and those feel a little big.

i can't try them on, so i need some guidance. i have flat feet and feel that 12 is my true size...so should i get the 12 or 11 1/2 in clarks' desert boots?
I wear 11 1/2 in most nikes and Jordans , and I purchased a 10 1/2 in my Desert Boots

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by NO ESCAPIN THIS

Jeans and Ties = the corniest look ever .

Co-sign

i dis agree with you guys...

of course that guy up thier ^^ makes it look tacky..

but i think its about how u wear it...
No matter how its rocked...I just never thought it looked good. It's like wearing sneakers and a suit to me. Just two things thatshouldn't go together.

i see nothing wrong with jeans and a tie unless your looking sloppy....ties arent strictly for suits/dress shirts...just have to have the right type of tie....button up..cardigan and a tie with some nice jeans is a good look to me

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Congrats on reaching 10,000 posts RFX. I would tell you to make an appreciation post for it but, you would probably post pics of IWC and Hublot watches and nice suits.

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Thanks, I guess... I could have sworn I had my 10k post a few days ago though.

Oh well...

Co-sign

No matter how its rocked...I just never thought it looked good. It's like wearing sneakers and a suit to me. Just two things that shouldn't go together.
No imagination.

Well no, you shouldn't wear sneakers and a suite, but ties are a lot more versatile than you give them credit for. The square knit ties posted on the firstpage would go great with jeans and have a casual vibe to them. If vests can be pulled casually, ties can be done casually.

Originally Posted by Prowler 23

how do clarks' desert boots fit? i usually wear a 12 in dunks, air maxes and the like, but i hear that clarks should be sized down. i have a 12 in claes and those feel a little big.

i can't try them on, so i need some guidance. i have flat feet and feel that 12 is my true size...so should i get the 12 or 11 1/2 in clarks' desert boots?
I wear 11 1/2 in most nikes and Jordans , and I purchased a 10 1/2 in my Desert Boots

thanks...i ordered a pair of clarks desert boots in beeswax leather finish in an 11 1/2... weren't on sale, but according to those guys at styleforum,clarks only puts them out every 4-5 years, so its probably only the leftovers that are left. PM if you want a link

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Co-sign

No matter how its rocked...I just never thought it looked good. It's like wearing sneakers and a suit to me. Just two things that shouldn't go together.
No imagination.

Well no, you shouldn't wear sneakers and a suite, but ties are a lot more versatile than you give them credit for. The square knit ties posted on the first page would go great with jeans and have a casual vibe to them. If vests can be pulled casually, ties can be done casually.
I agree with K2theablam...If you're wearing a cardigan or vest with a tie as well as some good-fitting jeans, it's a good look. It'snot too stuffy, and not too dressed up. I usually go out with this fit and either a pair of blazers or dress shoes and the aforementioned fit. It's a way tokeep the outfit you. If you're wearing really baggy jeans, then it does look messy, but if you get a pair of jeans that fit relatively well, it's agood look. Your shirt should be tucked into the pants and the cardigan/vest shouldn't be baggy--the look is clean without being stuffy.

It helps if the jeans are dark. Light jeans, and the outfit is probably a no go.

This is easily the best thread on niketalk.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

anybody want to help me find a cardigan with the epaulets?? not necessarily this one but one like such

drake.jpg
Check Club Monaco, they have a cashmere one with metal buttons.
good look, but they only sell in the gallerias in Texas. any online retailers? i see tons of cardigans obviously, but never came across any withthe epaulets

Co-sign

No imagination.

Well no, you shouldn't wear sneakers and a suite, but ties are a lot more versatile than you give them credit for. The square knit ties posted on the first page would go great with jeans and have a casual vibe to them. If vests can be pulled casually, ties can be done casually.
I agree with K2theablam...If you're wearing a cardigan or vest with a tie as well as some good-fitting jeans, it's a good look. It's not too stuffy, and not too dressed up. I usually go out with this fit and either a pair of blazers or dress shoes and the aforementioned fit. It's a way to keep the outfit you. If you're wearing really baggy jeans, then it does look messy, but if you get a pair of jeans that fit relatively well, it's a good look. Your shirt should be tucked into the pants and the cardigan/vest shouldn't be baggy--the look is clean without being stuffy.

It helps if the jeans are dark. Light jeans, and the outfit is probably a no go.

This is easily the 2nd best thread on niketalk. (next to black and latina thread)

agreed with 99.9 % of what you wrote... i fixed the last part..
roll.gif

Co-sign

No imagination.

I agree with K2theablam...If you're wearing a cardigan or vest with a tie as well as some good-fitting jeans, it's a good look. It's not too stuffy, and not too dressed up. I usually go out with this fit and either a pair of blazers or dress shoes and the aforementioned fit. It's a way to keep the outfit you. If you're wearing really baggy jeans, then it does look messy, but if you get a pair of jeans that fit relatively well, it's a good look. Your shirt should be tucked into the pants and the cardigan/vest shouldn't be baggy--the look is clean without being stuffy.

This is easily the 2nd best thread on niketalk. (next to black and latina thread)

agreed with 99.9 % of what you wrote... i fixed the last part..
roll.gif

gotta disagree--the asian women appreciation thread is where you'll find me...

glasses.gif

to build on the post, though, chucks or even air maxes go good with this fit too. not those loud maxes,but these. one of my friends said maxes looked too gym like and preferred dunks,but i told him to get that pair and wear it with his usual fit (the one i mentioned above). he said he got more compliments than ever. i really think this isa good look if you're on the fence about wearing a blazer or a suit--it looks dressed up, but you'll feel comfortable wearing (nice) jeans and a solidpair of sneakers.

you can move up to boots or nice dress shoes eventually, but this look really will get you attention. i sat at a bar with all of that on, and, being completelyhonest, more girls approached me when i had that look. it makes you look sophisticated without looking old or stuffy.

the shoes are your flair--they make it you. regardless of what you think of kanye, it's what he did on "storytellers". he wore a really nicesuit, but he made it him by wearing his gshock and a pair of sneakers. make it you.

but please, don't give me that nonsense about it not being a clean look. tuck your shirt in, get pants that fit, and you're all good.

Back
Top Bottom