Dressing better

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Some quality looks:

[h3]http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/2009/02/trend-heritage-grandpa-layers.html[/h3]
[h3]TREND: HERITAGE, GRANDPA & LAYERS[/h3]
Men.Style.com is currently featuring photos of New York City men presented by Scott Schuman, a.k.a. The Sartorialist. The people in these photos are generally from the fashion industry and therefore ahead of the curve; but come Fall, this is how all the cool kids will be be dressing. Start studying.

COLLEGIATE
This fella doesn't embody what I am really talking about since he looks a little old to be going to school and too tough to be a professor. None the less, he's an excellent reminder that once the Japanese got tired of our American wilderness looks, they went to hard core collegiate. Stiff oxford cloth shirts with white collars, woolen ties, heavy letterman sweaters, horn rimmed glasses, cuffed pants and all sorts of preppy shoes like white bucks, saddle shoes and penny loafers.

WILDERNESS
Camping, hiking, fishing or hunting, are a huge influence on our Fall 09 style. Some of these fellas are evolking a British gentlemen's weekend squab hunt, while Mordechai Rubinstein (friend of Blackbird) appears to be channeling an international reporter at large on assignment in Alaska. Feel free to mix these elements into your wardrobe (a waxwear coat or gnarly hunting boots) or go for the full look. You can't really mess up an outfit like this since historically these garments were based on function rather than appearance and were passed on through generations. Anything goes.

BAD $%% LEATHER JACKETS
This is more of a Spring trend but you will see them continue into Fall. What you should know about leather is that many leathers now are being washed and treated with waxes and other coatings so that old fear of getting caught out in the rain and ruining your investment should mostly be ignored. Leather looks better after it's beaten up. Bad $%% is back.

KILLER
This is the only kind of *slick* I can handle. It's under the radar and completely about fit and quality. Do you think he has a gun in that bag or his yoga mat?

MIXXE
This kid must be a happy person. Oh the joys of mixing your wardrobe to create the ultimate carefree outfit. This is the biggest lessen we learned from our Japan adventures. Buy a few BEAUTIFUL garments and mix them with everything. Devil may care! Be a person not a clone!

Posted by Blackbird at 8:30 AM

Labels: The Looks

http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/search/label/The Looks
Via Blackbird

ummmmm no
indifferent.gif

What i paid for the Express suit is relatively cheap, of course its not going to be top of the line quality but I dont care because it will probably only seelight once or twice a year.

Picture+1.png

dude killed it

i've been thinking about switching my sh-t up for a while now too

once i had to dress up for a presentation earlier this year, i started liking the more mature look

this thread is a good help

i'm gonna try to add anything i can

Pulled the trigger on the Lacoste Military Shirt. SMH
Fits off, not sure if I gonna keep it or not. Stupid un-proportioned body.

When tucking in a shirt, you never want too much fabric puffin out the back right?
How about the front? I think I should have grabbed the 40 not the 41. Even though the 39 is a 15.5 inch neck. That was maddd tight.

Originally Posted by 5tan

Pulled the trigger on the Lacoste Military Shirt. SMH
Fits off, not sure if I gonna keep it or not. Stupid un-proportioned body.

When tucking in a shirt, you never want too much fabric puffin out the back right?
How about the front? I think I should have grabbed the 40 not the 41. Even though the 39 is a 15.5 inch neck. That was maddd tight.
You don't want too much of the shirt sticking out when your shirt is tucked in (all around) because it's going to give you a bloatedappeal. However a bit will stick out when your arms move, that's normal.

I was tempted to get that white J. Crew pants, but it said the sale is final so I'll skip it. $20 is a good deal, but I don't know how J. Crew pantsfit. That pants would be money with a blue polo and brown shoes.

No pics right now but I hit Burlington and copped some Calvin Klein black leather lace ups for 40 bucks.

Am I the only one disturbed when people say they are going for a "look"? I mean damn just cop gear that you like and rock it however you want,"looks" are for women.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Am I the only one disturbed when people say they are going for a "look"? I mean damn just cop gear that you like and rock it however you want, "looks" are for women.
I think your reaching.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Am I the only one disturbed when people say they are going for a "look"? I mean damn just cop gear that you like and rock it however you want, "looks" are for women.
I think your reaching.
How so?

That was towards me I guess. Actually it's an entire diss to this whole topic.

Well, by look i meant outfit. I like his outfit. Is there a problem with lookin in here for pointers? damn
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Well, by look i meant outfit. I like his outfit. Is there a problem with lookin in here for pointers? damn
laugh.gif
naw it wasnt towards anyone, I havent even read this thread really, I just look at pics.

laugh.gif
naw it wasnt towards anyone, I havent even read this thread really, I just look at pics.
why dont you post a picture of yourself , im interested in viewing your "un" look

"Looks" are definitely not for women. This is why there are fashion magazines out there, from GQ to Complex, or to be more relevant, this thread.

Originally Posted by notoriousmro

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Stocked up on these Jacks in december, $20 a pop, got 6 pairs.
3-22new.jpg

3-22shoe2.jpg

How do Jacks fit? Anything like a whole size down like chucks?
i got a few pairs of JPs for $20 a piece from urban too.
and yes i would go a whole size down

I think your reaching.
How so?
Because "looks" are not for women. Everything is classified. Saying you have a style is another way of saying a sub category for a"Look"

And also because you always reaching for something Luch
laugh.gif
, weather it bea point your making or a sandwich.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

Picture+1.png

dude killed it

i've been thinking about switching my sh-t up for a while now too

once i had to dress up for a presentation earlier this year, i started liking the more mature look

this thread is a good help

i'm gonna try to add anything i can
the gray double breasted sweater he has on is H&M , I bought it last year for 19.99
pimp.gif

on another note , I need a " bad #%$ " leather jacket
ohwell.gif
,damn this recession

I think your reaching.
How so?
Because "looks" are not for women. Everything is classified. Saying you have a style is another way of saying a sub category for a "Look"

And also because you always reaching for something Luch
laugh.gif
, weather it be a point your making or a sandwich.
A persons style is a image of their self expression, which is NOT the same thing as saying "I`m going for this look"

laugh.gif
thought i was the only one

Back
Top Bottom