Dressing better

I must admit though, the raggy pants are the only thing thats really wrong with the fit (that and that ugly hat, but i hate those hats period).
The belt is the best part about this fit. Where you see "scream at me", i see a complimentary accessory.
Its not screaming nothing, nothing that he's wearing is really standing out, he has no other outstanding emblems or logos any where.
The perfect way to kind of accent your accessories.Its like the perfect "wake out of bed and throw it on" fit.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

That saggy horrible billboard branding superhero belt buckle, those raggedy +%* oversized cargo shorts when he should have worn some slim flat front shorts instead to compliment the dressier top, not pushing up the sleeves on his shirt when he's wearing shorts, and yes, those black socks, all fail. It's like he's still in the beginning stages of learning how to dress like an adult.
I knew I wasn't trippin'

Good stuff.
laugh.gif
no you both are haters. aint not a damn thing wrong with his fit (yes i used a double negative.)
agreed. what part of that says teenager really.
every fit a dude puts on aint gonna be Esquire/gq rules approved
grin.gif

rocking it your way and being fresher than the rest FTW
pimp.gif

like dude cares what some people on an internet forum thinks of him...

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

That saggy horrible billboard branding superhero belt buckle, those raggedy +%* oversized cargo shorts when he should have worn some slim flat front shorts instead to compliment the dressier top, not pushing up the sleeves on his shirt when he's wearing shorts, and yes, those black socks, all fail. It's like he's still in the beginning stages of learning how to dress like an adult.
I knew I wasn't trippin'

Good stuff.
laugh.gif
no you both are haters. aint not a damn thing wrong with his fit (yes i used a double negative.)
agreed. what part of that says teenager really.
every fit a dude puts on aint gonna be Esquire/gq rules approved
grin.gif

rocking it your way and being fresher than the rest FTW
pimp.gif

i thought the fit was nice also...

I cant help it, but i only wear black socks
frown.gif

In conclusion, top half doesn't match the bottom half. Just scroll down to half on the pic & then vice versa. The belt is horrible, I actually reallylike the shorts for a t-shirt outfit, they look like they don't wrinkle easily.

The guy next to Kim K looks like he obviously doesn't know how to dress and somebody either told him "wear this" or he looked in a magazine andtried his best to copy it, but couldn't quite get it right. You can tell the guy has no sense of what's flattering on himself because he tucked hisshirt in with his gut poking out - I assume so he could show off his belt buckle. He looks like a goof ball - and standing next to Kim K doesn't cancelthat, it makes it more noticeable. She's always on top of her stuff with what she wears, and the guy next to her looks like he's trying really hard tokeep up, but doesn't look natural, comfortable, or appropriate in any of it.

I don't know who he is, but I would think that if he's going to be hanging out with her often, he will be advised on how to dress a little better.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

The guy next to Kim K looks like he obviously doesn't know how to dress and somebody either told him "wear this" or he looked in a magazine and tried his best to copy it, but couldn't quite get it right. You can tell the guy has no sense of what's flattering on himself because he tucked his shirt in with his gut poking out - I assume so he could show off his belt buckle. He looks like a goof ball - and standing next to Kim K doesn't cancel that, it makes it more noticeable. She's always on top of her stuff with what she wears, and the guy next to her looks like he's trying really hard to keep up, but doesn't look natural, comfortable, or appropriate in any of it.

I don't know who he is, but I would think that if he's going to be hanging out with her often, he will be advised on how to dress a little better.
laugh.gif

The guy next to Kim K looks like he obviously doesn't know how to dress and somebody either told him "wear this" or he looked in a magazine and tried his best to copy it, but couldn't quite get it right. You can tell the guy has no sense of what's flattering on himself because he tucked his shirt in with his gut poking out - I assume so he could show off his belt buckle. He looks like a goof ball - and standing next to Kim K doesn't cancel that, it makes it more noticeable. She's always on top of her stuff with what she wears, and the guy next to her looks like he's trying really hard to keep up, but doesn't look natural, comfortable, or appropriate in any of it.

laugh.gif
I didn't wanna say anything, but the belt bucklet brings attention to the area..that's how I noticed he wasn't in the bestshape. But I give that benefit of doubt to maybe that he's an older guy with slowed down metabolism. And in his defense, a lot of older fatter guys weardress shirts tucked into their pants.
laugh.gif
ie Jay Leno.

I can see how y'all look at his shorts as baggy or raggedy or whatever.

But I'll be damned if I'm walking around in some little !$% short halfway up my thigh.

I generally wear my cargo @ about that length.

But then again, I'm usually waring them w/ a t-shirt

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

What did the guy do to you guys? Seems like everyone's havin a bad day
laugh.gif
It's called constructive criticism. I like his choice in the colors and what he chose on his upper half, just not his lower half.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I can see how y'all look at his shorts as baggy or raggedy or whatever.

But I'll be damned if I'm walking around in some little !$% short halfway up my thigh.

I generally wear my cargo @ about that length.

But then again, I'm usually waring them w/ a t-shirt
co-sign.

question to my fellow ny cats: have any of you purchased a suit at SYMS? if so, how did you like the quality, i know for sure the prices are more than fair

some dudes on here sound mad suspect saying that a man can't dress when they're outfits could fall in the same category (not directed to wj4) but tosome of yall.

What the dude has on is fine. Let him do him.

She's always on top of her stuff with what she wears, and the guy next to her looks like he's trying really hard to keep up, but doesn't look natural, comfortable, or appropriate in any of it.

indifferent.gif

If it's suspect to know how clothes should fit you, then call me the human torch.

sq_human_torch_flying.jpg

Says a person who has an affinity for Karmaloop.

If it's suspect to know how clothes should fit you, then call me the human torch.

sq_human_torch_flying.jpg

Says a person who has an affinity for Karmaloop.
No disrespect but you sound mighty #*+*$ eye. Who or what makes you the be all, end all of how clothes should fit? Isn't 'dress'person specific? I'd understand if he was rocking some off the wall color scheme but c'mon now...dude looks comfortable.

I guess I can see how I may come across as sounding that way, but in my defense: I worked almost three years in high-end clothing sales--sellingnearly $3M in merchandise with roughly 1/4 of that revenue generated from habitual repeat customers, and met with reps for designers ranging from Diesel,Armani, Burberry, Lacoste, and a bunch of mediocre American brands (TR, Seven, etc), and had a couple "fit certifications" at work. I'm not justspeaking out of my rear trying to hate on the guy (although I must admit it must be nice being around Kim K), but I used to make a decent little student-livingdoing this nonsense.

And to offset all the text, here's a picture of a dressier bar of my closet.

^I can dig it. agree to disagree. Nothin wrong with critiquing another mans outfit as long as you aint overzealous about it.
People act like you say one thing about a dude and your gay smh. We were discussing the fit
not necessarily the dude himself. We couldnt give two flying
censoredua3.gif
s about the dude,
or who he is, and im sure he feels the same.

dude may have looked a little sloppy, but hell catch anyone in the middle of the day, and they'll look like that.
thats why i gave him more benefit of the doubt
Kim K on the other hand always "poses" for the camera.

I guess I can see how I may come across as sounding that way, but in my defense: I worked almost three years in high-end clothing sales--selling nearly $3M in merchandise with roughly 1/4 of that revenue generated from habitual repeat customers, and met with reps for designers ranging from Diesel, Armani, Burberry, Lacoste, and a bunch of mediocre American brands (TR, Seven, etc), and had a couple "fit certifications" at work. I'm not just speaking out of my rear trying to hate on the guy (although I must admit it must be nice being around Kim K), but I used to make a decent little student-living doing this nonsense.

And to offset all the text, here's a picture of a dressier bar of my closet.
as I said, no disrespect...and after re-reading your comment I can see where you are coming from. I'm gonna go back but someone really triedto go from head to toe on "what was wrong" with the dudes fit which IMO is really suspect. I now understand where your opinion came from as youintroduced your background but I will always stand strong in "DRESSING FOR THE OCCASION". I know when a suit or shirt and tie are applicable and whenI can go out the house with a white t. If I decide to wear a collared shirt with shorts and some random nikes I don't want to think if I'm "doingit" right. If the fit works, it works. I dont wan't to be in a fitted shirt, slim shorts and boat shoes if thats considered "dressing well".And in all seriousness...they were getting at his socks?! I think everyone in L.A. wears black socks with any color shoe.

It seems as if Banana Republic has been having random sales lately. Last week, it was $25 for any polo in the store. Several days ago it was $15 for any plaint shirt in the store. Today, all belts are $29, all ties are $39 and 30% of all shoes. Out of all the shoes I own, BR and Clarks are the most comfy afterprolong walking.

Russ- nice hangers! Prevent the shoulder bumps with those rounded ones.
laugh.gif

Taco- I hear what you're saying. I'm sure in real life, he's been called a great dresser. But when you post it online, everyone is going tocriticize and voice their opinion. It's sorta like the WDYWT thread, at least when I used to browse it years ago when some cats would say something like"Personally I would've gone with this color hat" or "I would've rocked jeans instead with those shoes".

Back
Top Bottom