Dressing better

great looks dudes keep it coming

This is Trav's fit for our dufflebag/weekender post , he doesnt have a NT account so I'm just contributing to the thread

http://streetetiquette.com/2009/10/05/everyday-etiquette-the-duffel-weekender/

yooooooooo.png

^^^ What's the purpose of carrying a big bag like that around ?
laugh.gif
Imo that look give the impression that he's trying too hard

If you didnt notice its a duffle bag /weekender post....

Some people actually travel around with a lot of stuff in their bag including cameras/laptops/magazines/sketch books/ etc not too big enough to come off asluggage but a traveler BTW the bag is from the Brooklyn Circus very cool dudes.

part with your collection gradually. it makes the transition a lot easier.

I recommend the opposite. I sold almost all of my streetwear stuff (kept about a dozen shirts because I liked the pictures), and it gave me a good boost to buymore mature clothes--it also didn't allow for me to go back into that phase, so I had to dress more maturely.

Also, I like that outfit posted above, but I couldn't do a tie on a casual day, yet, at least. I always keep the top two buttons undone so I don't lookstuffy. The shawl collared vest is
pimp.gif
, though.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

^^^ What's the purpose of carrying a big bag like that around ?
laugh.gif
Imo that look give the impression that he's trying too hard

Maybe he is going away for the weekend?

Looking into buying a pair of CLASSIC YSL HIGH-TOP SNEAKER IN WHITE LEATHER. I had a few questions like how do they fit compared to Gucci sneakers, and whatEuropean size I should get? (I wear a 11). Also how long do they last and if anyone knows where to find them in the Houston area other than the YSL in theGalleria? Thanks

Another chilly night yesterday.

RL Polo track jacket - Ben Sherman polo - JV belt - Levis 511 jeans - Jack Purcell grey tweed shoes - Tag Heuer Carrera watch

Got this Fred Perry Bomber Knit jacket as well.
fred_p10.jpg

Lol for the most part I noticed a majority of older men like early 30's -40's CAN'T DRESS FOR %*@@. They all look like they let their wives goshopping for them. Seeing dudes who look like they dress themselves is
pimp.gif

I have two questions?

1. I'm interning at an office wear you have to wear dress clothes so would khakis be considered dress clothes?

2. I have a pair of dress pants that fit good around the legs and don't have a break but the waist is tight. Can I get it widened?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by RFX45

Another chilly night yesterday.

i wore that yesterday as well. but it's the opposite colour

No offense, I like your other fits, but this one is too plain. Something youd see a 13-14 year old "hotshot" trying to dress mature with his popsaviators and Jimmy Neutron hair at the mall wearing.

laugh.gif

It's all good. I like the look, it has a more laid back look so I like it.
I also think the polo shirt gives it a bit of a different feel in person, it kind of blends in the pic but it has certain details, like different collarmaterial and stripe stitching that somewhat separates it from the regular plain polo shirts.

laugh.gif

I also think the polo shirt gives it a bit of a different feel in person, it kind of blends in the pic but it has certain details, like different collar material and stripe stitching that somewhat separates it from the regular plain polo shirts.

Yeah no hate at all bro. Your other fits are on point, this one I just thought..well I already gave my opinion lol.

Those 511 trousers you had, they come in a 514 cut? I cant be fitting in them 511 jeans.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

laugh.gif

I also think the polo shirt gives it a bit of a different feel in person, it kind of blends in the pic but it has certain details, like different collar material and stripe stitching that somewhat separates it from the regular plain polo shirts.

Yeah no hate at all bro. Your other fits are on point, this one I just thought..well I already gave my opinion lol.

Those 511 trousers you had, they come in a 514 cut? I cant be fitting in them 511 jeans.
laugh.gif

It's all good, we're all friends here. I can take the criticism so no offense taken.

They had a couple of colors of the 514 trousers at UrbanOutfitters.com a few months ago, it's all gone now though.
My best suggestion is the 514 corduroys they have at Levis.com at the moment.

Im not quite sure I could pull off the corduroy look with a peacoat. I recently bought a peacoat/military type %!% jacket from H&M. Would love some nicegrey, dark grey, or khaki trousers to go along with it.

Besides desert style boots and whatnot, what other kind of shoes look good with peacoats? Im a personal fan of Clae shoes, the Russell to be specific. Thoselook good with em?

I personally would wear boots with peacoats/military jackets, sneakers would be somewhat difficult to pull off with it.
I could imagine a dark colored sneakers liek Clae and ALife might look good with them too, check out some of Ty's fits.
I believe he pulled off peacoats/military jackets with sneakers nicely, I just can't quite remember exactly.
I think corduroy could be pulled off with peacoat/military jacket, it just depends on the fit, color and how you wear it.

I forgot to say but here's the Levis 514's I bought from UrbanOutfitters a few months ago.
Notice how the bottom isn't tapered much, it doesn't look too bad though.
I got this on sale too so that means they were probably left over stock from the spring season.

Back
Top Bottom