Dressing better

finally got the desert boots
pimp.gif

Here are the Calvin Klein Caribou boots I picked up from Daffy's a while back.

lot.jpg

calvin_01.jpg

and these are the Tommy Barstow's. I wear these in inclement weather.

barstow.jpg

Those CK boots doesn't look that bad, just a bit too high for my liking.
Hows the quality?

4190340205_4dc2f77976.jpg

4191102028_bba086f258.jpg

GAP plaid shirt, Urban Outfitter sweater, UNIQLO chinos, Paul Smith Bihar boots

I spent most of last night ogling the Wings + Horns service boots.
frown.gif
smh.gif

i was just wondering, are there ways to shorten the collar of a dress shirt? (like from a 16 to 15-1/2)
i bought some shirts a few years back... lost some neck fat and now its too loose on me

Originally Posted by rcdp

They look like house slippers IMO
I think technically they are but they do have some rubber pads on the bottom. I first saw them on the GILT sale but they were sold out so Ieventually found them on Endless.com

I cant decide if I could rock these with jeans just like any other driving moc or what. I think they have a cool style to them, something different than yourrun of the mill black slip on

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by rcdp

They look like house slippers IMO
I think technically they are but they do have some rubber pads on the bottom. I first saw them on the GILT sale but they were sold out so I eventually found them on Endless.com

I cant decide if I could rock these with jeans just like any other driving moc or what. I think they have a cool style to them, something different than your run of the mill black slip on
They look a lot like house slippers to me too. Then again, driving mocs aren't my style so maybe someone that wears those can chime in.

The material makes it look more house slippers than anything, I wear almost the same thing at home and it does have a rubber sole too.

BN, nice sweater and boots.

I just realized that prior to last week, I didn't own a single sweater. Sweatshirts sure but no real sweaters. I now have four.
laugh.gif

I just don't think they do not look flattering in those pics.
My slippers material looks similar and was purchased for $10 at Target, maybe if you can find better pics some of us might change our minds?

The Abington Spring looks great. I saw a few of their things on UrbanOutfitters, so they might have them in stores? Thankfully, I can find them easily atTheTannery in Boston.

This thread is getting better and better. I'm loving the fits that are being posted.

Overcoat recommendations? There are a lot of different collar cuts. I'm probably going to go with black because I figured it can match ANY suit color. Alsohow should the sleeves fit? I've seen guys with overcoat sleeves coming down to the fingertips and guys who's sleeve length is about the same as theirsuit/shirt.

I'm looking for an overcoat I can wear with a suit and with a more casual outfit.

I haven't really seen any overcoat's posted and I know some of you guys work in a professional environment.

Again, I think it's the material. Suede with the herringbone pattern uppers and being wide makes it look house slippers.
6219-741414-p.jpg
6219-741414-1.jpg

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Overcoat recommendations? There are a lot of different collar cuts. I'm probably going to go with black because I figured it can match ANY suit color. Also how should the sleeves fit? I've seen guys with overcoat sleeves coming down to the fingertips and guys who's sleeve length is about the same as their suit/shirt.

I'm looking for an overcoat I can wear with a suit and with a more casual outfit.

I haven't really seen any overcoat's posted and I know some of you guys work in a professional environment.

Overcoats sleeve length will really depend on you. Some like it longer than usual to compensate for the cold weather while others prefer a shorter length foreither style or function so it really is up to you as long as it isn't way too long that it goes past your hand.

There are also plenty of over coats out there, there are tench coats, pea coats, car coats, etc... You have to decide what you need and require for your livingconditions. In SoCal, I can't really wear a trench coat or long coat but a pea coat is passable.

Derrick Rose at GQ, not quite Kobe-esque but not bad, he was probably dressed by GQ anyways.
derrick-rose-01-409.jpg
derrick-rose-02-409.jpg
derrick-rose-03-409.jpg
derrick-rose-04-409.jpg
derrick-rose-05-409.jpg

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Overcoat recommendations? There are a lot of different collar cuts. I'm probably going to go with black because I figured it can match ANY suit color. Also how should the sleeves fit? I've seen guys with overcoat sleeves coming down to the fingertips and guys who's sleeve length is about the same as their suit/shirt.

Not at the age/environment where I'm wearing suits yet (not sure if I ever will regularly
laugh.gif
) but IF I did, the coats I'd look into would be trench coats, mackintoshcoats, pea coats, and duffle coats.

Also, I think the best color for coats, generally speaking, are navy coats. Those go with anything.

A couple examples from APC.

apc-fall-winter-coll-2009-141.jpg

Hooded mackintosh coat.

apc-duffle-coat-china-grey-10.jpg

Duffle coat.

GQ Shirt & Tie Combo

GAP
shirt14-gap.jpg

H&M
shirt01-hm.jpg

J Crew
shirt18-jcrew.jpg

Uniqlo
shirt19-uniqlo2.jpg

Mens Store Bloomingdales
shirt15-bloomingdales.jpg

Banana Republic
shirt03-banana.jpg

Brooks Borthers
shirt10-brooksbrothers.jpg

Borelli
shirt09-borelli.jpg

Black Fleece Brooks Brothers
shirt20-blackfleece.jpg

Turnbull & Asser
shirt04-turnbull.jpg

Phineas Cole
shirt07-phineas.jpg

Seize Sur Vingt
shirt16-seizesurvingt.jpg

Ralph Lauren
shirt17-polo.jpg

Dunhill
shirt02-dunhill.jpg

Dunhill
shirt13-stevenalan.jpg

Topman
shirt05-uniqlo.jpg

Urban Outfitters
shirt11-urban.jpg

Gant
shirt08-gant.jpg

Club Monaco
shirt12-clubmonaco.jpg

Thomas Pink
shirt06-thomaspink.jpg

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I let my brothers rock my AE trench coat and them dudes got hella stains on it

I havent even worn it yet
smh.gif

Urban Outfitters is the worst. I use to jokingly knock them for being overpriced but...

The past week, I went to UO to get some gloves for my upcoming trip to Europe. I just wanted a simple pair of gloves that would keep my hands toasty. Found apair of brandless gloves and they were about $25. I didn't think they were that bad since all the other gloves they were selling were around that price/orhigher. Bought two pairs, one for myself and my brother.

Headed over to H&M to take a look and found almost the exact pair of gloves (same material, same heat retention "technology" etc) for $3. Theonly difference was the UO pair was the kind where you had mitten flaps instead of the actual fingers
indifferent.gif
I promptly returned the UO pairs and saved myself$40~.

Moral of the story: UO is overpriced.

Originally Posted by Meangene4

Thats what I need big time are some gloves to battle this cleveland weather. I want a good pair I have been wearing nike baseball batting gloves.
If you guys have a H&M out there, they're doing a 50% off all hats, gloves, and scarves thing. The gloves are $3 and warm as hell.

Back
Top Bottom