Dressing better

Originally Posted by CjMoney

So let me get this straight, most clothes ie dress shirts and all kinds of pants you guys get tailored after you buy them off the rack huh?
Not necessarily.

People are just nit picky with how they want their clothes to fit but for the most part off the rack should fit good enough. Unless your posing for GQ no onesreally going to notice nor is it gonna make that much of a difference.

I can understand altering blazers though. Some of them just fit too wide.

So let me get this straight, most clothes ie dress shirts and all kinds of pants you guys get tailored after you buy them off the rack huh?
It's rare for anything off the rack to fit a person perfectly, that's why there's always a tailor on site at department stores andbetter retailers. This is also why more expensive pants and denim come in one inseam, usually 34-35''. You're suppose to spend that extra $10-20and get them hemmed to fit you. But some people just don't know or care and wear them as is, resulting in a sloppy outcome. (I see so many people wearingTR, RR, 7, etc. denim that are dragged on the floor, smh).

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by wj4

(I see so many people wearing TR, RR, 7, smh).

Fixed.
laugh.gif
I can't vouch for TR, but RR actually makes jeans with no embroidery on the rear pockets now...looked pretty good.

^^ i'd recommend getting the sleeves of the peacoat reduced a touch. its a beautiful and versatile jacket.

still dont understand the infatuation with black shirt/tie/blazer/vest.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Not necessarily.

People are just nit picky with how they want their clothes to fit but for the most part off the rack should fit good enough. Unless your posing for GQ no ones really going to notice nor is it gonna make that much of a difference.

I can understand altering blazers though. Some of them just fit too wide.

Unless you were the model used to create those OTR items --- nothing off the rack fits "right" Therefore there is the need to get it tailored. Youare right 90% of people dont care about how sloppy you will look with an oversized shirt, pants, blazer, jeans etc ... but style should first and foremost beabout you - not the 90% who walk around looking sloppy. And you get to a point where you absolutely want everything to fit right. Again i agree its nitpicking,since about 95% of people dont care/know how to dress, but its about cherishing your brand, and putting an effort into looking good always.

Originally Posted by LIQI2345

niidawg3 how do you fold your pocket squareso it is perfectly square like that?

i just fold it such that it fits into the slot of my blazer/jacket pocket. Then i iron it and put it in with the hand-rolled edge coming out of the pocket. Thepicture probably makes it seem razor sharp ... but in actuality its folded ... still straight though.

on the other ones, i just stuff it in.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

^^ i'd recommend getting the sleeves of the peacoat reduced a touch. its a beautiful and versatile jacket.

I agree with niidawg on this one. I feel that a simple white shirt/black tie combo would be much bolder, but to each his own.

Very nice jacket though.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Black is beautiful it just works very well, It just makes fits look a bit more dressy! I thought about getting this jacket tailored but
grin.gif
its just a work coat that i rarely wear. It never gets this cold in houston.

It's the small details that make me smile in the clothes I wear.

As for black on black or all black everything, I don't think it makes it dressier.
It reminds me of a super villain getting ready to take over the world or something.
laugh.gif

All black adds style and attitude not to mention its a slimming stylish look...everyone cant wear it i guess
grin.gif

hadegbite, even though that jacket is only a work coat, I still think it looks great and could be very versatile so I would suggest getting it altered.

I might look into it RFx, but the thought of getting it altered and not wearing it for 2 years just doesnt sit well with me. I usually get all my coats andjackets altered but just the lighter ones. If you lived in Houston you would understand.

I see, pretty understandable but think about it this way, it would fit you perfectly every time you wear it. Does that make sense?
Plus it's only going to be $10-$15 to get the sleeves shortened and you'd have a good fitting coat to wear every two years for the rest of your life.

^^ Those scream Merry Christmas to me. Since u and Niidawg think i should get it altered, i really respect u guys opinion so i will add it to the bag when i gosee my tailor this week.

Originally Posted by CryingFreemancoa

Originally Posted by seanyboyy

Fit for the day, just lounging around. J.Crew shirt, Naked & Famous Jeans.

son those shoes are mad ugly

Shirt and Denim are nice but it looks like you stole those shoes outta your grandpa's closet. Nice shirt though
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom