Dressing better

Haven't checked in here in a long time. Back to school in San Diego, not working, and my newfound love for vinyl records = no money for clothes
laugh.gif
. This thread is too tempting so I have to stay away but I'm loving that this thread is thriving
pimp.gif
Hopefully checking back in soon

I think im gonna bite the bullet and buy these as my "black" casual shoes....I wear a size 9 in everything, should I get the same for these?

_6013891.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

I just bought a long time holy grail at the Barneys sample sale. Black Dior Homme blazer.
img1349g.jpg
Sleeves seem a bit too long, which should be an easy fix though.

RFX- I will let you know how those VIs fit with my jeans when I get them in. 
laugh.gif
  The best I can do is slim straight so I think I will be OK.
Excellent blazer sir.  Needs a little bit of tailoring me thinks, but get nii in here - the expert.

On to the VI's.  I think they are super bulky
laugh.gif
.  III's might be better actually.  I wear the VI's with NS and it's not too bad.  But that's part of wearing a high top i guess

Got a birthday to go to this weekend. It's only at a bar, but I figured I ought to dress up a little bit because of the occasion. It's supposed to be pretty cold this weekend, so I may throw a navy RL quilted hunting vest or black RL quilted hunting jacket on over it.

Or I may scrap both of these ideas.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Got a birthday to go to this weekend. It's only at a bar, but I figured I ought to dress up a little bit because of the occasion. It's supposed to be pretty cold this weekend, so I may throw a navy RL quilted hunting vest or black RL quilted hunting jacket on over it.

Is the red tie Rugby? And if so, what is the width of the tie?

Nope, I found it at Old Navy, actually--it was the last one I could find and I got it for $0.97 during one of their ridiculous clearance sales. It's 3.5 inches wide.

Originally Posted by wj4

I just bought a long time holy grail at the Barneys sample sale. Black Dior Homme blazer.
img1349g.jpg

laugh.gif
Definitely going to bring it to the Tailors to see what should be done. This is a huge staple for me.

That second pic is a great look, who makes those loafers.

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif
Definitely going to bring it to the Tailors to see what should be done. This is a huge staple for me.

Great blazer. If you are going to bring it to the tailor, I'd ask the possibilty of tapering the sleeves a bit. Maybe it's just the pic but it looks like the sleeves flare a bit.

Nice fits
pimp.gif
I really like the second one. What kind of loafers and cable knit cardigan is that? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Mr Oizo

My Desert Boots stay in heavy rotation. The sand colour has really been messed up by this snow here though. I've been thinking about copping a black pair or maybe grey.

2yvtrw7.png
what jeans are those, i like the sheen?

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

They're Dolce & Gabbana jeans, the loafers are actually a bright red suede with gold hardware--by Ralph Lauren, and the grey cable knit is Ralph Lauren.

Here's an old picture for reference on the shoes:

equally
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

straight hit both fits out of the park!! i give the fit to the right the edge - its arguably one of the best fits posted on this thread. i dont think folks at the bar would appreciate the attention to texture, color and pattern.

well done my man!!  

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif

Nice jacket ... with a few tweaks as has been already discussed (sleeves, waist suppression, maybe a little shortening of the body) you will definitely have a great item to add to your wardrobe.

One question though - why is black a staple for you? Its one of the least versatile colors you can have for a blazer - IMHO.

How late into the year is it kosher to wear Clark Boots (desert boots)?  Is Spring/Summer pushing it?

Also any recommendations for stores in NYC where I can pick up Clae sneakers?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom