Dressing better

Originally Posted by shycagoill

nt what do you guys think of these? i was thinking about buying a few pairs for casual wear over summer with khakis or some levis 511 trouser or jeans lmk what you think of these yay or nay? thanks for input. i already have some desert clay boot clarks and some sperry boat shoes but wanna buy some more casual wear

ms2mxk.jpg
I just got my pair in today, but in black suede. They're pretty comfortable and I'm happy with the quality of the materials. In a few minutes I'm about to buy the taupe pair, plenty of sizes left... $63 shipped on Urban Outfitters. The black pair was down to $40 when I bought them... only size 11 left. So happy. I was ready to cop both on Zappos for 80 each.

Since this is a thread about dressing nice.....heads up...Lacoste's website is having a sale...good deals on dress shirts that are really nice....not to mention polo's which you can never go wrong with...I've dropped some money recently since the selection and sizes are good.

Neiman Marcus Last Call Outlet is quickly becoming my new fav playground.
Used the 40% off 1 item coupon today on a Michael Kors 100% Wool suit, $550 orig down to $275w/coupon= $165
Feels really diff. than the Macy's MK.
Right now I'm trying to rack up some daily throw-around suits before the checks start coming in & I can upgrade to some real suiting.
newsuitmkors%20%284%20of%2032%29.jpg
newsuitmkors%20%2822%20of%2032%29.jpg

newsuitmkors%20%2824%20of%2032%29.jpg
newsuitmkors%20%2825%20of%2032%29.jpg
newsuitmkors%20%2828%20of%2032%29.jpg

Tailor-
a)hem & slim the pants
b)drop & slim the sleeves
c)bring in some fabric from the rear under my armpits

Do you think the jacket is too short?  shoulders & chest feel great, 1st time I try a 38r

The alterations you mentioned will go a long way, especially the pants.

My only issue is that the construction of the jacket looks a little...off. Maybe it's just the way you're positioned or something but the right sleeve looks like the material rotates around to the outside (left sleeve looks fine) and then looking at the profile and back, it appears that both arms were constructed to be extended further forward than yours are in the pictures, which would just be awkward. Do you see what I'm saying?

I'd see if you could get it taken in along the center seam in the back as well so it lays a little better and tapers slightly. Jacket length looks fine, sleeve length is okay. The pants just make you look shorter and stockier than you probably are.

topman.com is having a huge sale, with free shipping till July 4.

I would cop something, but im broke =(

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

So I have a job interview coming up, what should I wear? I don't need a suit since it's a yogurt place. Thanks for the help.

oxford white/blue shirt, khaki pants, matching belt and shoes - all pressed, all well fitting.

good luck

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Neiman Marcus Last Call Outlet is quickly becoming my new fav playground.
Used the 40% off 1 item coupon today on a Michael Kors 100% Wool suit, $550 orig down to $275w/coupon= $165
Feels really diff. than the Macy's MK.
Right now I'm trying to rack up some daily throw-around suits before the checks start coming in & I can upgrade to some real suiting.
newsuitmkors%20%284%20of%2032%29.jpg
newsuitmkors%20%2822%20of%2032%29.jpg

newsuitmkors%20%2824%20of%2032%29.jpg
newsuitmkors%20%2825%20of%2032%29.jpg
newsuitmkors%20%2828%20of%2032%29.jpg

Tailor-
a)hem & slim the pants
b)drop & slim the sleeves
c)bring in some fabric from the rear under my armpits

Do you think the jacket is too short?  shoulders & chest feel great, 1st time I try a 38r
The jacket is absolutely too short - especially the sleeves but also slightly in the body.

I guess I wear a jacket a lot more in the traditional style than a lot of people here - and that I see on the streets too. The fashion for some reason has gone to people wearing short stupid jackets.

The pants are too long like you say - but I like the width. I like a bit of room in mine anyway. Not quite on the MJ level with his enormous long jackets and baggy pants - but just a little space in the thigh and not really tapering below the knee - I just think that looks silly unless you're a stick insect.

I also don't like your shoes - I like a much plainer shoe with a suit - the buckle just jumps out at me. Looks a bit 80s mafia.

kdawg wrote:
The jacket is absolutely too short - especially the sleeves but also slightly in the body.

I guess I wear a jacket a lot more in the traditional style than a lot of people here - and that I see on the streets too. The fashion for some reason has gone to people wearing short stupid jackets.

The pants are too long like you say - but I like the width. I like a bit of room in mine anyway. Not quite on the MJ level with his enormous long jackets and baggy pants - but just a little space in the thigh and not really tapering below the knee - I just think that looks silly unless you're a stick insect.

I also don't like your shoes - I like a much plainer shoe with a suit - the buckle just jumps out at me. Looks a bit 80s mafia.

I understand your pov.  I have more traditional suits & will be acquiring more.  Once the pants are tailored, I think we can get a better idea of the jacket's fit.
It is shorter than usual, but not too short imo as in the current blazer craze.
I am going to keep it, at $165, full wool and best overall fit.
At the tailor now, After-pics next week:
-Lengthen sleeve $26
-Take in Center Seam $12
-Pants takeout waist $12
-Taper $12
$62 for alterations
tumblr_l4n95tYZ031qzff5co1_500.png

kdawg wrote:

I understand your pov.  I have more traditional suits & will be acquiring more.  I think the jacket is shorter than usual, but not too short as in the current blazer craze.
I am going to keep it, at $165, good material and best overall fit.
At the tailor now, After pics next week:
-Lengthen sleeve $26
-Take in Center Seam $12
-Pants takeout waist $12
-Taper $12
$62 for alterations

Wow - your tailor is cheap!!!

kdawg wrote:

I understand your pov.  I have more traditional suits & will be acquiring more.  Once the pants are tailored, I think we can get a better idea of the jacket's fit.
It is shorter than usual, but not too short imo as in the current blazer craze.
I am going to keep it, at $165, full wool and best overall fit.
At the tailor now, After-pics next week:
-Lengthen sleeve $26
-Take in Center Seam $12
-Pants takeout waist $12
-Taper $12
$62 for alterations
tumblr_l4n95tYZ031qzff5co1_500.png

Yeah, that's reasonable - it's not horrifically short like you say - short enough that I would probably try the L if it was available - but that might be huge.

Having the pants done will make a huge difference - it's always hard to tell what's going on when they're 4" too long - but it's amazing how many people you see wearing them like that - not even close. I pay about the same for my alterations so that's not bad at all - especially when you got such a good deal on the suit.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

kdawg wrote:

I understand your pov.  I have more traditional suits & will be acquiring more.  I think the jacket is shorter than usual, but not too short as in the current blazer craze.
I am going to keep it, at $165, good material and best overall fit.
At the tailor now, After pics next week:
-Lengthen sleeve $26
-Take in Center Seam $12
-Pants takeout waist $12
-Taper $12
$62 for alterations

Wow - your tailor is cheap!!!
laugh.gif
It's the cleaners in the mall, we communicate well since he's a native dominican, the more I visit him the more comfortable I feel he's understanding the look I'm going for such as; minimal break on the pants & slim below the knee so that I can appear taller since my upper body is bird-esque.  He hooks it up with the 20% mall employee discount since my wife works in a store.

Back
Top Bottom