Dressing better

as ive said many times in this thread, im like 7 feet tall so its hard to be fashionable year round...gotta hunt the deals. I work for a college basketball team, and with the season coming up I need a jacket. I'm thinking of a blazer, how nice is a moleskin blazer? do ya'll think this blazer (which they have in tall size) + dress pants + dress shirt and tie would work? What fabric is moleskin comparable to???

gp792529-00vliv01.jpg

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

explosive day, closet just got upgraded
IMG_0051.jpg

Top right jacket reminds me of one I got from J Crew last year that I %!@+%+% LOVE.

QUESTION: Wearing a suit jacket as a blazer. Yes or no?

Originally Posted by LimeGreen95s

Originally Posted by ReeceMan10

Thinking about grabbing a pair of LL Bean's best..
ll+bean+duck+boot.jpg

Questioning the brown/chocolate  pair though

I got a pair 10" insulated love them I suggest cop
Heels my dude?
Thats the only reason why I woudnt buy those LL Beans. Looks a tad too feminine to me.

Anybody else hit the Gap and B.Republic yesterday for 40% off? Picked up a navy sports coat from BR and some tailor fit khakis form the Gap
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

ll+bean+duck+boot.jpg

Heels my dude?
Thats the only reason why I woudnt buy those LL Beans. Looks a tad too feminine to me.

210914028.jpg

These also have a 6 inch heel and I'm sure you've owned a pair at some point.

Just picked up a pair of these for on sale for around $110. I originally wanted Redwings but couldn't beat the price.

Timberland Earthkeepers 2.0 Moc-Toe
50242_350_A.jpg

Originally Posted by bmkten

Just picked up a pair of these for on sale for around $110. I originally wanted Redwings but couldn't beat the price.

Timberland Earthkeepers 2.0 Moc-Toe
50242_350_A.jpg
Those Earthkeepers are nice in person. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger soon.

^
those timbs are probably better.  i read reviews about how the soles on redwings wear down after a few months and need to be re-soled.

ll+bean+duck+boot.jpg

Just got these:

mail

LL Bean Maine Hunting Shoe, $65 at outlets
pimp.gif

Wore them when it was pouring out and my feet haven't been dryer. Couldn't recommend these more, especially with the bean guarantee.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

ll+bean+duck+boot.jpg

Heels my dude?

This might sound crazy but how do you wear duck boots, with jeans tucked in or over the boot?

It's a matter of preference, but you definitely need boot cut pants to cover the boots

It's a matter of preference, but you definitely need boot cut pants to cover the boots

Originally Posted by TheAbove

Looking to pick up some redwing boots for the winter.

I'm considering the classic boot, but the one with the black sole has a different structure more suited for better grip and stability. From a style perspective, I still like the original bottom outer sole. Opinions?

RED%20WING%2021.jpg
red%20wing%201.jpg

The left pair is great. I tried them on & plan on getting them soon.
Might get these also.

erez

Does anyone have these? Allen Edmonds "Bayfield". I'm thinking about grabbing a pair soon.
I need more pics though, also anyone think these can be pulled off casually?
Bayfield_Boot_Black.jpg

Wow I look back today and they jumped a hundred bucks
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by bns1201

as ive said many times in this thread, im like 7 feet tall so its hard to be fashionable year round...gotta hunt the deals. I work for a college basketball team, and with the season coming up I need a jacket. I'm thinking of a blazer, how nice is a moleskin blazer? do ya'll think this blazer (which they have in tall size) + dress pants + dress shirt and tie would work? What fabric is moleskin comparable to???

gp792529-00vliv01.jpg

anyone? Id really like answers faaaast gotta scoop this tomorrow
frown.gif

I might have asked before...but I'm on the verge of coppin this denim jacket...I need to know what pants to wear it with...
I already got a denim shirt which I posted here before...I wear those with chinos and it looks sharp...but the jacket is a little less formal and clean cut...

I'm very against the idea of the classic Canadian Business Suit...

I've been told you can do denim on denim as long as the top and bottom don't match...

I've seen some nice designer gray sweat pants that look like they could work...

Any of you have any good ideas on what to wear with this?

1581h06.jpg

juzvbn.jpg

^ I would go either with really dark plain denim or something like casual khaki's - I got a pair of Timberland pants at the weekend that are a sort of warm khaki color. They're a baggy fit with a big pocket at one knee so definitely not dressy. Either that or dark blue casual pants.

gp792529-00vliv01.jpg

anyone? Id really like answers faaaast gotta scoop this tomorrow
frown.gif

moleskin is like corduroy, but smoother. almost like velvet but sturdier/stronger. It is more of a fall/winter fabric, so you probably can't pull it off year round. What color are you thinking of getting? If it is the black one above i'd stay away from it. Try and get a navy or charcoal gray ... that goes with everything. Black doesnt go well with brown and some other colors, so that reduces your options.

Also remember it might need a little tailoring after you get it, so post a pic and we can offer suggestions on what needs to be done to make it fit great.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom