Dressing better

Originally Posted by VABigPoppa

can someone help me with what this color treatment is called?  it kind of fades from dark brown to a light caramel?  i remember seeing a spread in gq awhile back about it but i cant remember for the life of me.  i keep trying stuff in google like "faded brown dress shoe"  or "burnt brown dress shoe", etc. and I cant find anything, thanks.
noa614.jpg
1101264_fpx.tif

burnished

Some recent pick-ups. Everything in the Gap was 40% off so I partook yesterday
laugh.gif
. Pea-coat went from $128 to ~$77.00, $30 for the vest and socks were like $1, barring the brown and grey from BR 
pimp.gif

393539787.jpg

Clarks Flint Grey Desert Boots and Minnetonka Driving Mocs. Can somebody recommend me some suede and leather protectors?

393539792.jpg

Also BR was giving away $40% off 1 regularly priced item coupons for Wednesdays in December. This will be copped 
pimp.gif

br774660-01p01v01.jpg

Just a heads up...

Gap/Banana Republic is having a 25-40% sale.

Go onto Gap/BR and on the homepage it'll tell you 25, 30, 35 or 40 off. Varies for everyone
However, if you clear your cookies and keep trying the site will eventually give you the 40 off...Took me about 3 minutes.

Not sure if it's 40 off entire order or one item...

Is it just me or do Clarks DB's run 1/2-1 size bigger? 
And Nordstroms Rack in Brea CA has Clarks DB's in Leather and Grey for 60$ but the come with the greyish/black sole.

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Just a heads up...

Gap/Banana Republic is having a 25-40% sale.

Go onto Gap/BR and on the homepage it'll tell you 25, 30, 35 or 40 off. Varies for everyone

However, if you clear your cookies and keep trying the site will eventually give you the 40 off...Took me about 3 minutes.

Not sure if it's 40 off entire order or one item...

Thanks for the heads up. I don't know if it's the same code for everyone but mine was monday40. And it worked for my whole order.

Does the Gap/BR 25-40% apply to Piperlime, as well?

Just checked for myself, it doesn't apply if anyone was looking.
tired.gif

Also got a question.

What's the sizing of the leghole on a Levi 511? Because I have a bunch of pants/chinos that I like, but aren't slim enough for me in the leg or the opening and I was wondering if it'd be better to just have them all tailored to the sizing of a 511 (also what would I have to ask the tailor to do so?) or if it would cost the same to just try and find slim fitting chinos (Which I can't seem to do)?

Any help is great.

This weekend I picked up this jacket w/ tax and all it came out to $170.49.

Looks weak on line but in person and in the store it was doing it. Needed this for the holidays. The black part is suede. I went ahead and picked up a suede tie at express too.

http://www.penguinclothin...CHJ0059-010-penguin.html

(Job doesn't allow me to go to tinypic to put the pic on this forum sorry guys. Can someone help?)

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Looks weak on line but in person and in the store it was doing it. Needed this for the holidays. The black part is suede. I went ahead and picked up a suede tie at express too.

(Job doesn't allow me to go to tinypic to put the pic on this forum sorry guys. Can someone help?)
I got you. 
1CHJ0059-010.jpg

Nice pick up 
smokin.gif

Probably doesn't belong in here but...
Anybody own a pair of Native Fitzsimmons? How's the fit? Are they comfy?

The price looks pretty good. I googled some images and saw a couple LEADERS/Regular Ol' Ty photos pop-up. 
nerd.gif

native_fitzsimmons_blk_9.jpg

Originally Posted by TheHype

Probably doesn't belong in here but...
Anybody own a pair of Native Fitzsimmons? How's the fit? Are they comfy?

The price looks pretty good. I googled some images and saw a couple LEADERS/Regular Ol' Ty photos pop-up. 
nerd.gif

native_fitzsimmons_blk_9.jpg
roll.gif
Those are garbage dude. Do yourself a favor and cop some Diemmes or Fracap or something..
Native also makes these btw
native-miller.jpg
so yeah..

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

I got you. 
1CHJ0059-010.jpg

Nice pick up 
smokin.gif

Thanks for helping me out on the pic and thanks. When I saw it I knew it had to be mine. Especially with the discount. I'll post the ties i copped as well later
happy.gif

Yeah what what are you really gonna use those for? Theyre rubber, only good for the rain.

Why dont you just spend a little more and get a goretex, all weather resistant boots, that will last you for 20+ years?

I posted these before, but my boy's dad bought his pair of Danner Lights in 1987 and theyre still going strong after about 2 resoles.

http://www.danner.com/boo...womens-hiking-boots.html

Does Zara ever do any sales? I saw the flyest tweed blazer in there but $160 just isn't in the budget right now
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by play2much2004

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

heads up:

just saw that gap.com has 2540% off online orders today (11/22).

code is monday40 as posted above
doesn't work like this...it MUST be the appropriate discount that shows on the Gap homepage.
for example: if you get the 35% on the homepage then your only allowed to use Monday35.

If you type in Monday40 its gonna say you don't qualify or something...

It takes a while guys, like I said just clear your cookies and keep trying. It gave me the 30 off like 10 times straight

If your patient enough it'll go through...

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Gucci Shoes for $99
Fullscreen%20capture%2011212010%20102839%20AM.jpg

Nordstrom Rack at Groupon is still going on, go to their Long Island, NY site, you can use it at any store.
I'm using them for the Nordstrom trim-fit dress shirts $30 that I highly recommend.

these fit true-to size, or do I go a half-size down like the Clarks DB (9)? bought dress boot from Banana Republic in a 10, but generally I'm a 9.5 in Nikes

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Some recent pick-ups. Everything in the Gap was 40% off so I partook yesterday
laugh.gif
. Pea-coat went from $128 to ~$77.00, $30 for the vest and socks were like $1, barring the brown and grey from BR 
pimp.gif

393539787.jpg

Clarks Flint Grey Desert Boots and Minnetonka Driving Mocs. Can somebody recommend me some suede and leather protectors?

393539792.jpg

Also BR was giving away $40% off 1 regularly priced item coupons for Wednesdays in December. This will be copped 
pimp.gif

br774660-01p01v01.jpg

I don't see the camel coat at my local Banana Republic, you finna purchase online?

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Originally Posted by Superpusha

Those are garbage dude. Do yourself a favor and cop some Diemmes or Fracap or something..

laugh.gif
There's a bit of a difference in price point.

They're great for what they are, something to kick around in. Comfortable, warm, durable, and inexpensive.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by CheGTR

-w/ vane x sebago:
2yxgagy.jpg
those are nice but, where can i cop these?
vane-x-sebago-samplesaleshop-4.jpg

Haha, sorry I done went into disappearnce again, but these canvas ones i want too!
I believe they were pushed back to about this time actually. Late november...(which made no snese since its perfect for summer and the sample has been out FOREVER). 

Also some boot-soled versions of their loafers coming out via Vane X Sebago...if you're in NYC, theres a Vane pop-up shop thats gonna be staying open releasing all the exclusive styles.

Also, Nordstrom will probably get these in too, as well as some other NYC stores (brooklyn circus, etc).

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom