Dressing better

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Some recent pick-ups. Everything in the Gap was 40% off so I partook yesterday
laugh.gif
. Pea-coat went from $128 to ~$77.00, $30 for the vest and socks were like $1, barring the brown and grey from BR 
pimp.gif

393539787.jpg

Clarks Flint Grey Desert Boots and Minnetonka Driving Mocs. Can somebody recommend me some suede and leather protectors?

393539792.jpg

Also BR was giving away $40% off 1 regularly priced item coupons for Wednesdays in December. This will be copped 
pimp.gif

br774660-01p01v01.jpg

I don't see the camel coat at my local Banana Republic, you finna purchase online?
I'm gonna pick it up in store, but they do have it online as well.

Maybe one of you guys can steer me in the correct direction.

I am currently searching for leather gloves that are snug and fitting. Most of the gloves I've seen while shopping around and large and clunky. I want something sleek and smooth, while also warm.

Anyone got an idea what brand/store carries leather gloves such as these?

Suit question for the experts:

When, if ever, is it proper to wear pieces from different suits together? I have a law school event coming up, it's one where most people will be wearing suits and some will be wearing tuxedos. I was thinking of wearing the jacket from my gray suit with the pants from my black one. They both have identical faint stripes and the pieces fit really well together. I'm thinking of doing this mostly out of necessity, as I don't like the way the black jacket fits and I've worn the gray one too much.

I feel like I've seen this done before but wanted to get thoughts on it.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Maybe one of you guys can steer me in the correct direction.

I am currently searching for leather gloves that are snug and fitting. Most of the gloves I've seen while shopping around and large and clunky. I want something sleek and smooth, while also warm.

Anyone got an idea what brand/store carries leather gloves such as these?
Isotoner makes good snug leather gloves, if those arent snug enough try the womens sizes. they aren't top of the line but will do the job nicely.

besides Desert boots...

good recommendation for a fall/winter shoe that goes well with khakis ? im in them 3-4x a week and i need to be comfortable

thanks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

NYC heads got the heads up on a sale this weekend. wont let you guys know till i rape it first tho, sorryy

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

When, if ever, is it proper to wear pieces from different suits together? I have a law school event coming up, it's one where most people will be wearing suits and some will be wearing tuxedos. I was thinking of wearing the jacket from my gray suit with the pants from my black one. They both have identical faint stripes and the pieces fit really well together. I'm thinking of doing this mostly out of necessity, as I don't like the way the black jacket fits and I've worn the gray one too much.

I'm not an expert, but this sounds like a bad idea to me...

A suit fabric is typically made of worsted wool (shiny, soft fabric) and is a dead give away when worn as an odd jacket. Also, with both suit and pants having stripes, you are hanging off a cliff of imminent disaster. A suit jacket works as an odd jacket only if: 

1. the fabric is more substantial eg herringbone, tweed etc
2. it is solid in color ... or if patterned typically a check, plaid etc. stripes are just a bad idea as an odd jacket, unless the stripes are obvious enough to eliminate any doubts that it is a suit jacket
3. there are a few highlights on the jacket to bring attention to it ... eg ticket pocket, side vents, patch pockets etc.

I dont think you suit jacket meets the above features, so i'd pass and just wear the suit. better to look good in something you continually wear than look bad in a "new fit"

And please invest in a couple sports coats when you can - a 2 or 3 patch jacket in like herringbone, tweed or fresco (woven fabric) ... as well as one in maybe brown/brown pattern will serve you well for many many years/wears.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

A suit fabric is typically made of worsted wool (shiny, soft fabric) and is a dead give away when worn as an odd jacket. Also, with both suit and pants having stripes, you are hanging off a cliff of imminent disaster. A suit jacket works as an odd jacket only if: 

2. it is solid in color ... or if patterned typically a check, plaid etc. stripes are just a bad idea as an odd jacket, unless the stripes are obvious enough to eliminate any doubts that it is a suit jacket
3. there are a few highlights on the jacket to bring attention to it ... eg ticket pocket, side vents, patch pockets etc.

I dont think you suit jacket meets the above features, so i'd pass and just wear the suit. better to look good in something you continually wear than look bad in a "new fit"

And please invest in a couple sports coats when you can - a 2 or 3 patch jacket in like herringbone, tweed or fresco (woven fabric) ... as well as one in maybe brown/brown pattern will serve you well for many many years/wears.

Thanks for the breakdown, nii. I suspected that this might be the case. 
It's unfortunate because I really do think the two pieces go well together, but it's probably not a good idea sartorially. 

anyone know what these are called? Yoox doesn't have the name of them or my size, so gonna look somewhere else and add them to my christmas list                     
Raf Simons is all I got                                                                                                                                                                                                            
44224097rf_12_f.jpg

pimp.gif
good looking out TmAk15. Seriously ty. No code needed, automatically applies for the clarks. Just ordered 2 pairs for $117

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Originally Posted by play2much2004

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

heads up:

just saw that gap.com has 2540% off online orders today (11/22).

code is monday40 as posted above
doesn't work like this...it MUST be the appropriate discount that shows on the Gap homepage.
for example: if you get the 35% on the homepage then your only allowed to use Monday35.

If you type in Monday40 its gonna say you don't qualify or something...

It takes a while guys, like I said just clear your cookies and keep trying. It gave me the 30 off like 10 times straight

If your patient enough it'll go through...
Nope, Monday40AB was working like a mother. 

Quick question,does anyone own a pair of sand suede Clarks? Seen it look different shades in online pictures,which shade is it closer to in real life? This

or this?

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Thanks for the breakdown, nii. I suspected that this might be the case. 
It's unfortunate because I really do think the two pieces go well together, but it's probably not a good idea sartorially. 

I can respect what niidawg is saying here, but I can also respect your view.  Frankly, if the fabrics look OK, it can work.  Grey jacket and black pants is a pretty standard gettup, but as niidawg mentioned, you're teetering on the brink of disaster.  I think if your jacket and pants are close, its worth a shot.  Post pics of the fit and then close ups of the fabric if you want a better opinion.  I think mixing and matching is a good idea and rarely done.  A lot of guys by a suit and then only wear the pieces together.  I'm apprehensive when you say there is a stripe however. 

Good deal on those Clarks, i'm considering picking up my third pair, black to be exact. But I want a more versatile all black shoe.

@sneakefreake the sand clarks color is closer to the second picture, they get dirty mad easy too. just a warning

Back
Top Bottom