- J.Crew v-neck sweater
- J.Crew button-up
- J.Crew belt
- BR Jeans
- Sebago x Ronnie Fieg x Culture Shoq Docksides

You look exactly like Ryan Braun
laugh.gif
wish i had hair like that, nice outfit btw

What's so great about this outfit? The sweater seems to be faded; the pants seem ill-fitting; and the color of the boots make them look like uggs, especially with the jeans tucked in.  It also makes him look like all torso with really short legs.  I'm just wondering what everyone likes about this outfit...

Originally Posted by JBnSOUL

What's so great about this outfit? The sweater seems to be faded; the pants seem ill-fitting; and the color of the boots make them look like uggs, especially with the jeans tucked in.  It also makes him look like all torso with really short legs.  I'm just wondering what everyone likes about this outfit...

Nobody said it was perfect and their opinions are their own. Also, a color doesn't change the shape/look of the shoe to make it look like another. In that case do all boots that color look like Uggs? Of course not.

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

Originally Posted by aceofjays

All you have to do is call their customer service line, give them the product code, size and you're set. They also ask if you want any alterations done, which are free
pimp.gif

Want those recargos but I dont see them to get the product code. Can anyone help me?
Perfect Shape Cargo Pant: 067237-000-XX (Color)
57: Olive, 32: Beige, 09: Black

I couldn't find the code at first either, but when you're in the Product Search, make sure to click "All Items" in the upper right of the page to see everything.

aceofjays

On your next order pick up a pair of the " Vintage Chinos " they are 30$ and well worth it, styled after officer chinos from the 1950's.. my go to khakis for 2-3 years ... I have about 4-5 pairs .... they come in Khaki, Gray and Blk
pimp.gif
... sz down one on the waist if you do for a perfect fit.

tumblr_lh5i8jjvbt1qawydto1_500.jpg

This is a great fit, but it would look a million times better if he stood up straight.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by berkeleybears

question....planning on heading to the tailor for the first time this weekend to get some jeans tapered and hemmed. How do I tell the tailor what I am looking for? Should I take pictures of me in the jeans before the alterations...and the look that I am going for? Do they size you up before making adjustments? I'm trying to "skinnify" my jeans, if that makes any sense....

laugh.gif
 @ skinnify.

Just tell them you need your jeans tapered, they should be able to let you try them on and then they'd pin it up to the look you want and go from there.
Yup!
It would also help to wear a pair of jeans that you like the fit of to the tailor when you go. That way, the tailor can try and match the fit that way as well.
Thank you!

Also, the Banana Republic by my work is having a 25%-30%-50% off sale this weekend, depending on what discount you "pick" from the store employee. No exclusions (you can stack discounts as well). Drew the 50% off card and was like 
eek.gif
. Proceeded to buy out the whole store
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Don't know if this is a nation-wide thing, but I figure I post it here, so YMMV. Only works in-store too.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

Saw that Ralph Lauren was coming out with these....thoughts?
i wish these were a little darker...but i still might scoop them up.  Release date?

How does one keep these clean and avoid the denim rub?
Boat shoes/boat chukka type shoes look better IMO when they are a bity worn/dirty. Gives the shoe some character. 

Someone have an answer....

Request if possible - I am looking for a bag I can use on a daily basis for work. I work for a well known technology company, dress code is corporate casual if thats a style. Jeans and a nice t-shirt/button up on most days. Currently using a fairly new Dakine backpack but I would like to get something a little more refined.

Open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance gentleman.

nii, I didn't know you DJ'd. Still?

Props to you and your ability to mix and match colors, patterns and textures flawlessly.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

tumblr_lh5i8jjvbt1qawydto1_500.jpg

not me but opinion on this? pants wise it can fit better (imo) and jacket a bit too short yeah?
Is that a jersey blazer?
info on the shoes?

It was just some random guy on tumblr
laugh.gif

Help me find out bout the shoes

Originally Posted by illphillip

nii, I didn't know you DJ'd. Still?

Props to you and your ability to mix and match colors, patterns and textures flawlessly.
not as much anymore. i do maybe 4 gigs a year, usually for friends or friends of friends .... 

for a long time i was on my grind ... lifting speakers, crates, coffins and stuff. miss it, but with marriage and other interests moved on from that now. still mix once or twice a week to keep the skills sharp.

Originally Posted by DEMIZE

does thinsulate mean a jacket is going to be warmer than without it?

Thinsulate fibers are about 15 micrometres in diameter, which is thinner than the polyester fibers normally used in insulation for clothing such as gloves or winter jackets. Advertising material for thinsulate suggests that thinsulate is more effective due to the increased density of fibers with decreased size of fibers compared with more traditional insulation.[sup][1][/sup] Like most insulation materials, the gaps between fibers not only reduce heat flow, but also allow moisture to escape. The insulation properties are beneficial for retaining some of the heat produced by the body for comfortable warmth while the moisture produced, e.g. by sweating, is supposed to evaporate.
The manufacturer claims that, for a given thickness of material, Thinsulate provides 1 to 1.5 times the insulation of duck down, while being much less water-absorbent and much more resistant to crushing. Based on an insulating value for down of 4.8 Clo per 1.1-inch (28 mm),[sup][2][/sup] that would mean Thinsulate provides about 6.5 Clo per inch

Thinsulate is a very warm material. Kinda similar to primaloft.

Originally Posted by MuslimShady

For those looking for some selvedge denim, check your local Urban Outfitters. I picked up a pair of gray selvedge jeans from a brand called Unbranded. The best part was they were on sale for 10 bucks 
pimp.gif

Here's a link to the jeans: http://www.urbanoutfitter...1&CAWELAID=724110008

I'll get some pictures up soon of what they look like

how did you get your pair for $10 and can I get the blue pair for the same/similar price?

Originally Posted by play2much2004

For those looking for some selvedge denim, check your local Urban Outfitters. I picked up a pair of gray selvedge jeans from a brand called Unbranded. The best part was they were on sale for 10 bucks 
pimp.gif

how did you get your pair for $10 and can I get the blue pair for the same/similar price?

This I would like to know also.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

pimp.gif

They were on a rediculous sale a few months ago because   There is a rumor going around that they will not be making them anymore, or also they may just be making a different cut with a lower rise.  all the unbranded denim were going for like 10 to 20 dollars which to me was a crazy steal for that quality on those denim.  unfortunately alot of them were sold out  in the atlanta area but some places  still had them.. i would love a size 36 grey  tapered in my life if you can get them. 

Originally Posted by streetballa2311

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

pimp.gif

They were on a rediculous sale a few months ago because   There is a rumor going around that they will not be making them anymore, or also they may just be making a different cut with a lower rise.  all the unbranded denim were going for like 10 to 20 dollars which to me was a crazy steal for that quality on those denim.  unfortunately alot of them were sold out  in the atlanta area but some places  still had them.. i would love a size 36 grey  tapered in my life if you can get them. 

The Unbranded denim jeans are actually the ones I got tailored a few pages back. 

Yo Nii I know this is random but I have been having issues finding good looking fits because of my hair.... Is there any specific looks you would suggest for guys with braids or dreads (I'm a dread head with about 2 inches of hair)

By the way I really liked the new blog entry I may actually cop a brown toe capped shoe this week

niidawg3

Great work Nii, Ive been meaning to put together a compilation like this myself soon
nerd.gif

sneakaprince 

I dont mean to interject but your hair should only give you problems with finding a hat. Other than that just wear what you feel comfortable in. As long as its kept clean hair should be the least of your worries.

I appreciate all of the kind words, and constructive criticism as always. 

I was pretty surprised I was able to land a pair of the boots myself.  They're an amazing pair, and I wear them a good bit to say the least.

For the person who thought they looked like Uggs, you're sadly mistaken.  My picture really didn't do justice of representing them fully, but here's a picture that better represents what they look like:

sebago-cultureshoq-ronnie-fieg-boots-5-1-600x399.jpg

Also, I guess I appear all torso because the camera was at a slight angle tilting down.  Finally, my sweater is far from faded---just another illusion brought to you buy a sub-par picture I suppose.
laugh.gif

Oh, and to the guy I looked like Ryan Braun (who I wasn't familiar with until I googl'd him)...

Touche.
laugh.gif
   I guess I do sort of resemble him in that particular picture.

Back
Top Bottom