Drinking from plastic water bottles raises level of bisphenol-A chemical in body by 70%.

Originally Posted by rodster831

Originally Posted by TuBbBbBbY

11eSFsDnpLL._SL500_AA200_.jpg

I drink cold water out of one of these. Rubbermaid bottle. I hope they're BPA safe.
they're not

read through the thread
I did, twice. Just wondering where I could find out in the thread.
When I bought them, it said they were BPA free, but I'm fully aware that it could be false.

Any other feasible alternatives besides Kleen Kanteens out there?

Originally Posted by infamousod

the water in em ain't that clean

and I can't get a water cooler where I'm at but those are in plastic coolers anyway.
Go to the spring and do this then...
Water%20in%20Hands_full.jpeg

I keed.
laugh.gif

Anybody know how these are?
Fill%20&%20Go%20%2B%202%20fliters%20loose.jpg

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

sorry if this is a dumb question, but could i just get a kleankanteen and pour my bottled water in it and get rid of the BPA risk? or do i have to get the water from a faucet? i really don't have a faucet water purifier like PUR or anything, and i doubt my parents are gonna buy one.
anyone?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

sorry if this is a dumb question, but could i just get a kleankanteen and pour my bottled water in it and get rid of the BPA risk? or do i have to get the water from a faucet? i really don't have a faucet water purifier like PUR or anything, and i doubt my parents are gonna buy one.
anyone?
nerd.gif
Bush+Covered+Binoculars+002.jpg

If you're gonna drink your Crystal Geiser/Evian/Kirkland water, that's fine......just DON'T reuse the bottle. If you're reusing those cheapplastic bottles and washing em with soap and hot water, you are releasing those chemicals such as BPA away from the plastic and into the water. I got a KleanKanteen that I use but I'm not gonna stop drinking bottle water...I just won't reuse the plastic bottle.

Can we stop spreading misinformation for a sec please?

Most 500 mL, 20 oz, and 1 L bottles are made with PETE (1) plastic, which contains no BPA and does not leech into the drink.

The reason you shouldn't reuse them is because bacteria can build up in them, and they have many creases that can be hard to wash.

Larger bottles (like the refillable Poland Spring/Arrowhead 5 L jugs), old Nalgene bottles, and other reusable containers, usually made of hard, clear plastic,are the ones that contain BPA.

Plastic single-use bottles are bad for the environment, take a lot of petroleum to produce, and are more expensive, yes......but they don't have BPA.

To all those who are saying it doesn't matter, that kind of ideology is what makes universal health care so difficult in this country.

For some reason a good chunk of Americans have so much trouble understanding and implementing simple and cheap techniques of preventative medicine.

The mindset is: get first sick, then worry about it.

That being said, sometimes I feel like these type of decisions shouldn't be left to the people.

Corporations should be held to a much higher degree of responsibility in these matters. In other words, we shouldn't need a 3rd party source to tell usthat water bottles contain potentially harmful chemicals.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Nothing is safe for human consumption. "Kill us all, kill us all, kill us all". You lose more years on your life worrying about stuff like this than you do consuming this.
TRUTH

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

anyone?
nerd.gif
Bush+Covered+Binoculars+002.jpg
Can we stop spreading misinformation for a sec please?

Most 500 mL, 20 oz, and 1 L bottles are made with PETE (1) plastic, which contains no BPA and does not leech into the drink.

The reason you shouldn't reuse them is because bacteria can build up in them, and they have many creases that can be hard to wash.

Larger bottles (like the refillable Poland Spring/Arrowhead 5 L jugs), old Nalgene bottles, and other reusable containers, usually made of hard, clear plastic,are the ones that contain BPA.

Plastic single-use bottles are bad for the environment, take a lot of petroleum to produce, and are more expensive, yes......but they don't haveBPA.>>> If what Joe camel said is true, then you wont have to worry about that.

But about your question before i read camels post, The shipping process of the water bottles, probably heats up the bottles plastic while in transit if theweather outside is hot. So im guess the bpa is already realsed? just a guess idk.

Back
Top Bottom