Driving Under the Influence

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

women are timid on the road
smh.gif
.....and timid = unnecessary accidents.....us men usually get into the bizarre accidents.....

well, congratulations. sounds like an accomplishment to be proud of indeed.

kdawg wrote:
AntBanks81 wrote:
IMO, if there is no damage, the fines should be reduced. That damn DUI can tear your wold up. I got a DUI because I mistimed a light changing by 1-2 seconds. I wasn't swerving, didn't hit anyone and wasn't speeding. I approached a red light that was about to change and moved too quickly. Stupid *!%#+ saw me and got me.

B/c of that !@$* in 2004, that damn charge is showing up now, which makes it very difficult to find a job. I was a !*!%%%# college student wasted like how college students get wasted. I was literally 3 minutes away from my apt. I didn't hurt anyone but myself. These cops and prosecutors try to throw the book at you as though they have no fault.

The system is already like that - if you just get a DUI then you get the standard fine. If you kill someone you get a much harsher sentence.

You were lucky you didn't do any more damage - but you still deserve what you got. You mistimed a light because you were impaired - just be thankful it wasn't a kid crossing the road that you mistimed.

Man I don't deserve to have that !@*% on my record now. This occurred at 3 am in an industrial area. There was no one out. If anything, I mistimed thelight being impatient and wanting to get off the road. I am blessed that I didn't do any harm to anyone, but the fine and permanent charge are too much fora single mistake.

If you want to fine me OK. But don't fine me a #+%+++#$ of money and then mark my record with those letters that might as well spell death.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

kdawg wrote:
AntBanks81 wrote:
IMO, if there is no damage, the fines should be reduced. That damn DUI can tear your wold up. I got a DUI because I mistimed a light changing by 1-2 seconds. I wasn't swerving, didn't hit anyone and wasn't speeding. I approached a red light that was about to change and moved too quickly. Stupid *!%#+ saw me and got me.

B/c of that !@$* in 2004, that damn charge is showing up now, which makes it very difficult to find a job. I was a !*!%%%# college student wasted like how college students get wasted. I was literally 3 minutes away from my apt. I didn't hurt anyone but myself. These cops and prosecutors try to throw the book at you as though they have no fault.

The system is already like that - if you just get a DUI then you get the standard fine. If you kill someone you get a much harsher sentence.

You were lucky you didn't do any more damage - but you still deserve what you got. You mistimed a light because you were impaired - just be thankful it wasn't a kid crossing the road that you mistimed.

Man I don't deserve to have that !@*% on my record now. This occurred at 3 am in an industrial area. There was no one out. If anything, I mistimed the light being impatient and wanting to get off the road. I am blessed that I didn't do any harm to anyone, but the fine and permanent charge are too much for a single mistake.

If you want to fine me OK. But don't fine me a #+%+++#$ of money and then mark my record with those letters that might as well spell death.

except the cop who stopped you, right? you're lucky. you just got "letters that might as well spell death" ... no one actually died. stopcomplaining... go whine to a family who lost a loved one to this *&%^ and see if they wouldn't like to trade circumstances with you.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

smh.gif
.....and timid = unnecessary accidents.....us men usually get into the bizarre accidents.....

youre missing the point ... if you wanna talk about daily day to day driving women are worse than men, but because we tend to not wear seat beltsand kill ourselves at a higher rate, people view us as more dangerous ... the truth is, the only people that believe men are worse drivers are insurancecompanies or close minded ...

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

smh.gif

youre missing the point ... if you wanna talk about daily day to day driving women are worse than men, but because we tend to not wear seat belts and kill ourselves at a higher rate, people view us as more dangerous ... the truth is, the only people that believe men are worse drivers are insurance companies or close minded ...
roll.gif
are you actually reading what you write??? I can't evenargue with you, you're too much of a logical thinker.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

you fall into the latter category by the way, in case you didnt know ...

and which category are you in??
which category believes that a fatal accident is safer than a fender bender??

thytkerjobs wrote:
AntBanks81 wrote:
kdawg wrote:
AntBanks81 wrote:

Man I don't deserve to have that !@*% on my record now. This occurred at 3 am in an industrial area. There was no one out. If anything, I mistimed the light being impatient and wanting to get off the road. I am blessed that I didn't do any harm to anyone, but the fine and permanent charge are too much for a single mistake.

except the cop who stopped you, right? you're lucky. you just got "letters that might as well spell death" ... no one actually died. stop complaining... go whine to a family who lost a loved one to this *&%^ and see if they wouldn't like to trade circumstances with you.

You do know I meant no pedestrians right? You try getting a job and have some $**$ that happened when you were in college constantly block you and then tell meto stop complaining...I'm sure you are an angel that has not been caught for doing any wrong huh?

I feel bad for any family that has lost a loved one b/c of this $**$...that's why I keep my drinking in house. Trading circumstances isn't an option,but giving someone a second chance is.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

thytkerjobs wrote:
AntBanks81 wrote:
kdawg wrote:
AntBanks81 wrote:

except the cop who stopped you, right? you're lucky. you just got "letters that might as well spell death" ... no one actually died. stop complaining... go whine to a family who lost a loved one to this *&%^ and see if they wouldn't like to trade circumstances with you.

You do know I meant no pedestrians right? You try getting a job and have some $**$ that happened when you were in college constantly block you and then tell me to stop complaining...I'm sure you are an angel that has not been caught for doing any wrong huh?

I feel bad for any family that has lost a loved one b/c of this $**$...that's why I keep my drinking in house. Trading circumstances isn't an option, but giving someone a second chance is.

not if you're 6 feet under.
and btw, not only pedestrians are victims of drunk driving.

I agree with Thykerjobs.
it seems to be cool to take things like this lightly.
never understood why.

Ive driven home very drunk about 3 times total.
It was at 3 in the morning where i see maybe 2 cars at most. And everytime it was about a 5minute drive.
And if im like that im the last person to get careless. Il be like ok theres a stop sign slow down. red light stop. Car coming wait for it to pass. Turning uphere turn blinker on.
Like thats what goes through my head everytime im very cautious.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

It was at 3 in the morning where i see maybe 2 cars at most. And everytime it was about a 5minute drive.
And if im like that im the last person to get careless. Il be like ok theres a stop sign slow down. red light stop. Car coming wait for it to pass. Turning up here turn blinker on.

Well then in that case, drunk driving is safe. Kudos to you for being a Safe Drunk Driver.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

And if im like that im the last person to get careless. Il be like ok theres a stop sign slow down. red light stop. Car coming wait for it to pass. Turning up here turn blinker on.

This is the same stuff that you guys keep spouting over and over.

Sure, you're concentrating on your blinker - but you're trying so hard to get that right that you've drive 50yds. You're just deluded if youthink you're even an average driver after a few drinks.

[h3]More Sobering Facts about Drunk Driving Accidents[/h3]

According to recent statistics (NHTSA, 2004), drunk driving accidents, automobile or motor vehicle crashes, car accidents due to drunk driving are the leading cause of death for people from 2 to 33 years old.

In 2003, 30 percent of all fatal drunk driving accidents or crashes during the week were alcohol-related, compared with 53 percent on weekends. For all crashes, the alcohol involvement rate was 5 percent during the week and 12 percent during the weekend.

The impact of alcohol involvement increases with injury severity. Alcohol-involved or drunk driving accidents and crashes accounted for 10 percent of property damage only crash costs, 21 percent of nonfatal injury crashes; and 46 percent of fatal injury crash costs; more than 3 times as high at night as during the day (61 percent vs. 18 percent).

For all crashes, the alcohol involvement rate is 5 times as high at night (16 percent vs. 3 percent).

Young drivers 21 to 24 years old were most likely to be intoxicated (BAC of 0.08 g/dl or greater) in drunk driving accidents and fatal crashes in 2003. Thirty-two percent of drivers 21 to 24 years old involved in drunk driving and fatal crashes were intoxicated, followed by ages 25 to 34 (27 percent) and 35 to 44 (24 percent).

The intoxication rate (those over .08 BAC) for male drivers involved in fatal crashes was 25 percent, compared with 12 percent for female drivers.

For drunk driving accidents and fatal crashes occurring from midnight to 3:00 AM, 77 percent involved alcohol in 2003. The next most dangerous time period for alcohol-related crash deaths were 9 PM to midnight (64 percent of fatal crashes involved alcohol), followed by 3 AM to 6 AM (60 percent of fatal crashes involved alcohol).

Those drivers over the age of 70 were least likely to be intoxicated (BAC of 0.08 g/dl or greater) in drunk driving accident and fatal crashes in 2003 - only five percent were intoxicated.

Maybe we can turn this thread from an argument into something positive.

The laws and statistics that some of you feel are ignored or overlooked please post them.

We can bust a u turn and make this educational for those like myself who in the past didn't think about the consequences of drunk driving.

so you got the point, we kill ourselves more often ... at least im making head way ... you realize nothing you posted i didnt say, right? yet, you seem tooverlook the fact that women cause more accidents than men ...

i never told you males drive better drunk than women (which they mayi dont know any stats on that) ... i said males drive better than women ... the statisticsOVERWHELMINGLY favor my claim ... if you take alcohol related fatalities out of the scenario and just go on straight crashes, women are almost 1.5 to 1 ...

i know for a fact i can drive well when im hammered ... thats not to say that others cant ... but i firmly believe i can pass the maryland state driving test after 12 beers ...
smh.gif

awesome-dog-photo.jpg

Emmanuel Goldstein...

You said "men drive better than women"...and then you go on to say men cause more deaths.

How can those two things possibly go together??

Fender benders cannot compare to fatal accidents in terms of BETTER, SAFER driving. Period.

Back
Top Bottom