Driving With No Insurance.. Worth The Risk?

Originally Posted by bc60997

^^^^ You have no idea what you are talking about lol...

In Texas they will tow your car on the spot - I work as an insurance actuary so I know much more than most.

Can you get me a discount on my insurance?

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Nothing happens. Give em your license and registration and they'll give you a dismissible ticket for having no insurance.

Word. These other guys dont know +*$ they're talking about.

FOH ....

Do that dumb #$$% in Maryland ..

They will tow your car .. Lock you up and hit you with all kinds of fines 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Nothing happens. Give em your license and registration and they'll give you a dismissible ticket for having no insurance.

Word. These other guys dont know +*$ they're talking about.

FOH ....

Do that dumb #$$% in Maryland ..

They will tow your car .. Lock you up and hit you with all kinds of fines 
laugh.gif

^^^^ I think he was speaking more along the lines of what I listed on the first page in my post...

When buying a car insurance should be factored into that purchase not literally in the payments that are made obviously they would be to separate companies generally speaking.

THIS 

The way I worded it wasn't the clearest.

Let me clarify.  When buying a car the cost of car insurance, car repairs, etc. should be factored into the total cost of ownership.  I wasn't talking about adding it all together into one payment. 
laugh.gif
 Not possible from what i've seen.

My main point is there is nothing worse than trying to "stunt" if you're living beyond your means .
grin.gif

^^^^ I think he was speaking more along the lines of what I listed on the first page in my post...

When buying a car insurance should be factored into that purchase not literally in the payments that are made obviously they would be to separate companies generally speaking.

THIS 

Let me clarify.  When buying a car the cost of car insurance, car repairs, etc. should be factored into the total cost of ownership.  I wasn't talking about adding it all together into one payment. 
laugh.gif

My main point is there is nothing worse than trying to "stunt" if you're living beyond your means .
grin.gif

Originally Posted by bruza

THIS 

laugh.gif

grin.gif
Watch me do it.

Big Sean - "I do it."

THIS 

laugh.gif

grin.gif
Watch me do it.

Big Sean - "I do it."

Originally Posted by kdawg

and to Infrared -

What I was saying originally that when purchasing a car you have to factor in the cost to insure that vehicle.  If the insurance is too much as it appears to be for full coverage on your G35 which is considered a coupe or sports car then SORRY but you can't afford to drive that vehicle and should look to something that may not be your first choice. 
I guess a lot of this comes with experience and be able to see the bigger picture.
That's absolutely right - if you can't afford all the extras that go along with the car then you can't afford that car.

Exactly.  I've already started shopping prices on a '10/ '11 M3 Sedan.  I'm not buying until next year but have I already called for an insurance quote?  YES

No point buying a car if you can't insure it with adequate coverage.  Insurance (Car Insurance, Medical, Life, etc.) is never fun to pay each month but if something happens you'll be glad you have it.  

and to Infrared -

What I was saying originally that when purchasing a car you have to factor in the cost to insure that vehicle.  If the insurance is too much as it appears to be for full coverage on your G35 which is considered a coupe or sports car then SORRY but you can't afford to drive that vehicle and should look to something that may not be your first choice. 
I guess a lot of this comes with experience and be able to see the bigger picture.
That's absolutely right - if you can't afford all the extras that go along with the car then you can't afford that car.

Exactly.  I've already started shopping prices on a '10/ '11 M3 Sedan.  I'm not buying until next year but have I already called for an insurance quote?  YES

No point buying a car if you can't insure it with adequate coverage.  Insurance (Car Insurance, Medical, Life, etc.) is never fun to pay each month but if something happens you'll be glad you have it.  

Originally Posted by INFRAREDx37

In Texas they will tow your car on the spot - I work as an insurance actuary so I know much more than most.

I work for a company that is not really in your price range it is for a different type of customer the taret market is not affordable it is customer serivce driven.  Look up some of the top companies such as Chubb, Marsh, Central etc. - 

I wish I could help but I don't sell insurance I help run the financials behind it...

Insurance should always be factored into car purchases even though it is not something fun to pay I pay car, life, homeowners every month and while I rarely have to use it, it is nice having that piece of mind. 

A lot of people in this thread talk about stunting w/o it or I have driven around for years w/o it - you are the kind of people that make insurance unaffordable and more pricey for the majority.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by INFRAREDx37

I work for a company that is not really in your price range it is for a different type of customer the taret market is not affordable it is customer serivce driven.  Look up some of the top companies such as Chubb, Marsh, Central etc. - 

I wish I could help but I don't sell insurance I help run the financials behind it...

Insurance should always be factored into car purchases even though it is not something fun to pay I pay car, life, homeowners every month and while I rarely have to use it, it is nice having that piece of mind. 

A lot of people in this thread talk about stunting w/o it or I have driven around for years w/o it - you are the kind of people that make insurance unaffordable and more pricey for the majority.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by devildog1776

Riding dirty for the past year and change

do you drive paranoid or dont drive much?
i drive way toooo much to not have car insurance

6 TIMES A WEEK MINIMUM.. 
I BE PARANOID WHEN POPO IS RIGHT BEHIND ME BUT OTHER THAN THAT ... IM COOL AS A FAN

ON MY TOMMY BUNZ STEEZ..

i've learned through my 28 yrs when u dont give a %^$# nothing bad happens to you... when your Mr nice guy following the rules , your %$@ gets handed to you . 

cops in NY only pull over blacks in nice cars and people that drive a little reckless.. my VET plates keep me safe for now.. I'll get my paperwork back in order come JULY or AUGUST
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by devildog1776

Riding dirty for the past year and change

do you drive paranoid or dont drive much?
i drive way toooo much to not have car insurance

6 TIMES A WEEK MINIMUM.. 
I BE PARANOID WHEN POPO IS RIGHT BEHIND ME BUT OTHER THAN THAT ... IM COOL AS A FAN

ON MY TOMMY BUNZ STEEZ..

i've learned through my 28 yrs when u dont give a %^$# nothing bad happens to you... when your Mr nice guy following the rules , your %$@ gets handed to you . 

cops in NY only pull over blacks in nice cars and people that drive a little reckless.. my VET plates keep me safe for now.. I'll get my paperwork back in order come JULY or AUGUST
laugh.gif

not worth the risk imo. accidents happen whether you're careful or not. why not be protected? an accident gets exponentially worse if you have no insurance. with that said, insurance isn't cheap at least in nyc. I am in the process of getting my dads car transferred to me (registration/title/insurance yada yada) and even tho i had my license for 5 yrs or so, the cheapest insurance i can find liability (95 acura legend) was $742 since im 23 and an inexperienced driver in the eyes of insurance companies.

laugh.gif
@ it being more risky than smashing without rubber. never saw it that way haha..

not worth the risk imo. accidents happen whether you're careful or not. why not be protected? an accident gets exponentially worse if you have no insurance. with that said, insurance isn't cheap at least in nyc. I am in the process of getting my dads car transferred to me (registration/title/insurance yada yada) and even tho i had my license for 5 yrs or so, the cheapest insurance i can find liability (95 acura legend) was $742 since im 23 and an inexperienced driver in the eyes of insurance companies.

laugh.gif
@ it being more risky than smashing without rubber. never saw it that way haha..

and to Infrared -

For real!

I was looking at how much it would cost me to insure a 2011 Nissan GTR at age 17, the minimum price for Geico was $4000, A MONTH
sick.gif
sick.gif

and to Infrared -

For real!

I was looking at how much it would cost me to insure a 2011 Nissan GTR at age 17, the minimum price for Geico was $4000, A MONTH
sick.gif
sick.gif

I wouldn't risk it cause you never know what could happen. But make sure you check out the laws where you live first cause I know here in Philly if they stop you and you don't have valid insurance they'll tow your car no questions asked and you don't wanna deal with the PPA.

I wouldn't risk it cause you never know what could happen. But make sure you check out the laws where you live first cause I know here in Philly if they stop you and you don't have valid insurance they'll tow your car no questions asked and you don't wanna deal with the PPA.

Originally Posted by scshift

For real!

sick.gif
sick.gif
I'm pretty sure, and hope you meant to say $400

Originally Posted by scshift

For real!

sick.gif
sick.gif
I'm pretty sure, and hope you meant to say $400

Back
Top Bottom