Dropping out of school to help w/ the Family Business ?

Any NTers have any personal experience w/ this or know anyone who has ? I know i HAVE to finish and get a college degree but after 2 years at CC right now im still really unsure of what i want to do w/ my life (21 y.o) and see alot of earning potential in the school my folks run. Any advice NT ?
ohwell.gif

honestly some of the most successful people dropped out of college(i know some personally) but if you ask any of them they will say dont do it unless you have something you are passionate about and can guarantee it will make you money.

Okay since you're in CC, why don't you do both? Take 6-9 units which is like what...2 hrs of class everyday? And you can help out your famb.

"You get to take messages for the secretary, who NEVER went to college, she's actually the bosses niece! So now you're part of the family!"

Community College is based on your own pace... like what he said above, take less class per quarter and help out

Some very successful people that I personally know have family buisnesses... Needless to say they don't need college
laugh.gif
. Jay-Z "Driving benzes with no benefits" is exactly what they are doing. 99% of these people though start because of their parents though, you can't do much by yourself honestly
eyes.gif
 Most own slot machines, atm machines, air for tire machines(at gas stations), and other various entrepreneur items.
pimp.gif
 If you do have indeed have a nice family business going on then college isn't the path to success
tired.gif
... Trust me, it's all about how you think and how you invest your money at. Educated people are "Tools", there smart, but book smart, they work for the buisness owners/Ceo's. I may be a HS kid but I do know a great deal of buisness here.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JE15306

Some very successful people that I personally know have family buisnesses... Needless to say they don't need college
laugh.gif
. Jay-Z "Driving benzes with no benefits" is exactly what they are doing. 99% of these people though start because of their parents though, you can't do much by yourself honestly
eyes.gif
 Most own slot machines, atm machines, air for tire machines(at gas stations), and other various entrepreneur items.
pimp.gif
 If you do have indeed have a nice family business going on then college isn't the path to success
tired.gif
... Trust me, it's all about how you think and how you invest your money at. Educated people are "Tools", there smart, but book smart, they work for the buisness owners/Ceo's. I may be a HS kid but I do know a great deal of buisness here.
pimp.gif
"Tools" are those who can't spell BUSINESS but claim they know a great deal about them.

I took a 6month break from college when Katrina hit to run my dads construction company in NO. We are from Indiana and he couldn't manage everything in Indiana and send crews down to work on insurance jobs. It was a great decision for me at the time. I made close to 100k in 6 months doing work down there. After i got everything rolling and structured I went back to IU. I wouldn't quit for good, my family wouldn't have supported a decision of not going back. But taking the break to make extra money was a good decision. My dad still has guys working down there, I check in on them from time to time when I'm traveling for my current job.

Back
Top Bottom