Dual Identities - The problem with niketalk.com

the title says it all.
ive noticed thru my time on NT that pretty much every "popular" NTer has a dual personality.

they may act a certain way on NT, then if you meet them, they're their "original true self"
on rare occasions the two are quite similar, but the majority of people are DRASTICALLY different than their "e-persona"

so NT... i'd like your take on this.

does this mean that most of these guys are fake? or has the internet created some sort of need to be a different person online.

quick example... very recently i met a NTer who in the past i had a few "words" with on this very board.
when i stepped to him, he recognized me instantly and began an rant about how "my niketalk persona is just a joke. its like its not really even me talking"
he also went on to state that "the internet is like a different world bro. you need to learn to separate the two"
to which i replied "But here we are now. are you telling me that you wouldnt say to my face what you would say to me online?"
to which he replied  "yes."
i was going to hassle him and give him a very hard time to the point of fearing for his life (without bodily harm though. there are other ways), but i decided against it due to the fact that the person i had a problem with wasnt really there.
I personally think that the "real him" was his online self and not the real world self. due to the fact that he is  not physically built for fisticuffs or the like, he had created a alternate "real life self" to be able to live without the threat of constant harm based on his loose tounge and slightly racist remarks.

discuss.

the title says it all.
ive noticed thru my time on NT that pretty much every "popular" NTer has a dual personality.

they may act a certain way on NT, then if you meet them, they're their "original true self"
on rare occasions the two are quite similar, but the majority of people are DRASTICALLY different than their "e-persona"

does this mean that most of these guys are fake? or has the internet created some sort of need to be a different person online.

quick example... very recently i met a NTer who in the past i had a few "words" with on this very board.
when i stepped to him, he recognized me instantly and began an rant about how "my niketalk persona is just a joke. its like its not really even me talking"
he also went on to state that "the internet is like a different world bro. you need to learn to separate the two"
to which i replied "But here we are now. are you telling me that you wouldnt say to my face what you would say to me online?"
i was going to hassle him and give him a very hard time to the point of fearing for his life (without bodily harm though. there are other ways), but i decided against it due to the fact that the person i had a problem with wasnt really there.
I personally think that the "real him" was his online self and not the real world self. due to the fact that he is  not physically built for fisticuffs or the like, he had created a alternate "real life self" to be able to live without the threat of constant harm based on his loose tounge and slightly racist remarks.

discuss.

I'm who I say I am on here and offline. No reason to fake being somebody else, but hey some people do it

I'm who I say I am on here and offline. No reason to fake being somebody else, but hey some people do it

laugh.gif
 You are you two but #++*% I'm three.  Just imagine how many members have multiple screen names.  Crazy.

laugh.gif
 You are you two but #++*% I'm three.  Just imagine how many members have multiple screen names.  Crazy.

Originally Posted by likethematrix

I'm going to assume none of this happened and you're just trolling on an exponential level.

I'm going to assume none of this happened and you're just trolling on an exponential level.

i dont mean screen names.... i mean how they act and speak and post on HERE compared to how they act and speak in "real life"

im asking if its real online and fake in real life or fake online and real in real life

edit: Thunderchunk...we both been here the same amount of time bro. not on this sn ofcourse but i know you.
lets just dead it right there. if i was  to put myself out there alot of NTers know i act the same all day.

i dont mean screen names.... i mean how they act and speak and post on HERE compared to how they act and speak in "real life"

im asking if its real online and fake in real life or fake online and real in real life

edit: Thunderchunk...we both been here the same amount of time bro. not on this sn ofcourse but i know you.
lets just dead it right there. if i was  to put myself out there alot of NTers know i act the same all day.

The internet: Where men are men. Women are men. And children are FBI agents.

Nothing is what it seems on the internet. For instance, you decide to go on a pron binge and enter a website. You expect pron, instead get a virus/trojan. Or someone is looking for love over the web or sell something and end up being scammed by a Kenyan man. It's a place everyone can be someone else and in complete anonymity.

Nothing is what it seems on the internet. For instance, you decide to go on a pron binge and enter a website. You expect pron, instead get a virus/trojan. Or someone is looking for love over the web or sell something and end up being scammed by a Kenyan man. It's a place everyone can be someone else and in complete anonymity.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

the title says it all.

discuss.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the title says it all.

discuss.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

obviously. Why is op so upset like this is 1998 and he found out it wasnt really 14/f/GA

My dude is meta.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

obviously. Why is op so upset like this is 1998 and he found out it wasnt really 14/f/GA

My dude is meta.

we got 11 posts and like 3 real replies. lock this up mods. cats here seem like theyre getting salty cause they relate to what im saying so deeply.

we got 11 posts and like 3 real replies. lock this up mods. cats here seem like theyre getting salty cause they relate to what im saying so deeply.

i have multiple personalities in real life and they all show up under this SN.  the one that shows up is dependent on the thread being posted in.    

Back
Top Bottom