sick.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

[table][tr][td]
duke%20blue%20devils%20mens%20basketball.jpg

Duke 2008-09 Schedule
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ROSTER · STATS · SCORES · SCHEDULE · LEADERS · STANDINGS · RANKINGS[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Opponent*[/td] [td]Result[/td] [td]Record[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov. 10, 2008[/td] [td]PRESBYTERIAN[sup]1[/sup][/td] [td]7:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov. 16, 2008[/td] [td]Rhode Island[/td] [td]4:30 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov. 23, 2008[/td] [td]Montana[/td] [td]1:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov. 28, 2008[/td] [td]Duquesne[/td] [td]3:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec. 2, 2008[/td] [td]at Purdue[/td] [td]9:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec. 6, 2008[/td] [td]at Michigan[/td] [td]3:30 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec. 17, 2008[/td] [td]UNC-Asheville[/td] [td]7:30 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec. 20, 2008[/td] [td]at Xavier[/td] [td]2:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec. 31, 2008[/td] [td]Loyola Maryland[/td] [td]4:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jan. 4, 2009[/td] [td]Virginia Tech[/td] [td]7:45 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jan. 7, 2009[/td] [td]Davidson[/td] [td]7:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jan. 10, 2009[/td] [td]at Florida State[/td] [td]2:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jan. 14, 2009[/td] [td]at Georgia Tech[/td] [td]7:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jan. 17, 2009[/td] [td]Georgetown[/td] [td]1:30 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jan. 20, 2009[/td] [td]NC State[/td] [td]8:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jan. 24, 2009[/td] [td]Maryland[/td] [td]12:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jan. 28, 2009[/td] [td]at Wake Forest[/td] [td]7:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Feb. 1, 2009[/td] [td]Virginia[/td] [td]2:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Feb. 4, 2009[/td] [td]at Clemson[/td] [td]9:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Feb. 7, 2009[/td] [td]Miami-FL[/td] [td]1:30 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Feb. 11, 2009[/td] [td]N. Carolina[/td] [td]9:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Feb. 15, 2009[/td] [td]at Boston College[/td] [td]5:30 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Feb. 19, 2009[/td] [td]at St. John's[/td] [td]7:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Feb. 22, 2009[/td] [td]Wake Forest[/td] [td]7:45 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Feb. 25, 2009[/td] [td]at Maryland[/td] [td]9:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Feb. 28, 2009[/td] [td]at Virginia Tech[/td] [td]3:30 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mar. 3, 2009[/td] [td]Florida State[/td] [td]8:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mar. 8, 2009[/td] [td]at N. Carolina[/td] [td]4:00 pm ET[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Olek Czyz[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-7[/td] [td]240[/td] [td]Fr.[/td] [td]Reno, Nev. (Reno)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]41[/td] [td]Jordan Davidson[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-1[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]Melbourne, Ark. (Blair Academy [N.J.])[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]Gerald Henderson[/td] [td]G/F[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]Merion, Pa. (Episcopal Academy)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]51[/td] [td]Steve Johnson[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]So.[/td] [td]Colorado Springs, Colo. (Cheyenne Mountain)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]David McClure[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]Ridgefield, Conn. (Trinity Catholic)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Greg Paulus[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-1[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]Syracuse, N.Y. (Christian Brothers)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]Miles Plumlee[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-10[/td] [td]230[/td] [td]Fr.[/td] [td]Warsaw, Ind. (Christ School [N.C.])[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Martynas Pocius[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]190[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]Vilnius, Lithuania (Holderness School [N.H.])[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30[/td] [td]Jon Scheyer[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]Northbrook, Ill. (Glenbrook North)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Kyle Singler[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]235[/td] [td]So.[/td] [td]Medford, Ore. (South Medford)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Nolan Smith[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]So.[/td] [td]Upper Marlboro, Md. (Oak Hill Academy [Va.])[/td] [/tr][tr][td]42[/td] [td]Lance Thomas[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]Scotch Plains, N.J. (St. Benedict's Prep)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]Elliot Williams[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]Fr.[/td] [td]Memphis, Tenn. (St. George's)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]55[/td] [td]Brian Zoubek[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]7-1[/td] [td]280[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]Haddonfield, N.J. (Haddonfield Memorial)[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
[/td] [td]

[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Nolan
Greg
Gerald
Lance
Kyle

- I REALLY wish Zoubek could remain healthy and be able to contribute so that Kyle can move back to the 3, but I doubt that is going to happen.
- Maybe we move Jon back to the starting lineup and bring Greg off the bench? That could work, but I don't know. Nolan still has some work to do on that J of his. His defense is nice though and we're gonne need him when we go up against the elite guards in the ACC (Doulglas, Rice, Lawson, Teague/Smith, etc)
- From what I have seen over the summer...Lance is still having trouble finishing around the rim, but he always gives 100% and plays hard. Hopefully he'll be able to improve on his rebounding numbers.
- Someone is going to have to replace Demarcus Nelson. Not just his points, which can be easily replaced. But his defense and his ability to rebound from the guard position. He was basically a 4 playing the 2, rebounding wise.
- Jon Sheyer might just be my favorite player on the team.
pimp.gif
Should have another nice year, barring injuries.
- Pocious....I don't know what to say about dude. He shows flashes, but hasn't been healthy his whole career in Durham. He would definitely be a valuable asset when healthy.
- As a team, we have to commit to rebounding. With our lack of size, this is our Achilles heel. And the other teams know it. We are rather frail on the block.
- Miles Plummee - If he plays like he did over the summer, I would prefer that he RS and just get in a serious weight program. However, I think this is just a case of a kid being more comfortable in a structured game. He will get burn because of his ability on the offensive end, but he needs real work on D.
- OC (Olek Cycz) will be a crowd favorite and is a tough guy on the block. Strong, tenacious with no fear. He will try to dunk on your whole team. I like that. We need that from a 'Big' guy. They got him listed at 6'7 but I don't know about that..Dude looked about 6'5 when I saw him
- Elliot Williams is an explosive athlete. Can really get up and down the court and finish. Needs to really work on his ball handling if he wants major minutes. Athletically, he has the tools to replace 'Marcus but the question is does he want to do it. But, it doesn't matter though. If he doesn't commit to playing D, K will sit his !$$ on the bench. See: King, Taylor.
- Gerald Henderson will break out on a national level this year. I just have that feeling. Towards the end of the season, he went from 'W.T.F is GH doing??' to actually carrying the team in some games. This is a money year. And with the teams that we play, or have the potential to play OOC, He can showcase his skills. I think he bounces after this year if that's true.
- Kyle Singler is the goods. Can do anything that you ask of him. Is he the most athletic kid in the world? No, but he is fundamentally sound and can score in a variety of ways. And he has heart. He's definitely playing out of position which messes him up since he is 3 that is asked to match up against 4's and 5's every night.
- Greg Paulus - Doesn't quite get the credit he deserves. The scape goat for a couple years, he put together a VERY solid season last year. And hit a number of big shots for the Dukies. Depending on how the starting 5 shakes out, he may be asked to become more of a scorer than he was last year, and he was shooting lights out last year hitting his 3's at a pretty good clip. He's still slow and pushes off too much, but if you can't see the improvement that he made, you're %*+$$@@ blind. Oh, and Greg, I still remember you not passing the ball up court to JJ for the potential game winner at the end of the Duke/G'Town game 2 years ago.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

- I expect us to have a regular season similar to the one that we had last year record wise. I think we make the Elite 8 and POSSIBLY a final 4 this year, but our lack of an interior presence will hurt us again. Some don't like the PHX Suns style O that we are running now, but you have to adjust to the talent that you have on your team. And as currently constructed, this is the way that were gonn have to play to win games.
- Interested to see if the loss of Johnny Dawkins and the addition of Nate James to the staff will have any effect.
- McClure will play his usual role. Nothing really to add here. Though he may play less than he did last year now that I think about it.
- We still have trouble w/ penetrating guards, but I think Nolan can help w/ that. So he needs to be able to stay out of foul trouble.
- I really must give Coach K his props for last year, cause we did WAAAAY better last season than I thought we were going to do.
- And one final note...2010 is going to be %*+$$@@ SICK for the blue devils....
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Some say you're Lucky you still have Nolan.
Yeah, I remember reading that last year, around the time when Taylor King left. And I'm sure JD's departure didn't help any. But, I'm glad he stayed...

laugh.gif

You gotta run through initiation first fam. Holla at him Dre, Cake, Haiti, Henz (I see you), etc.

Your best bet is to find the College Basketball thread and post in there. A Duke Basketball thread on its own is a breeding ground for tomfoolery.

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

SPORTS AND TRAINING. And Duke SUCKS.
Originally Posted by ConcordeFliteSchool

truth
Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

[h2]DUKE BASKETBALL[/h2]
sick.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

indifferent.gif
Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

QFT
Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

I feel like the Heels gon mop the floor wit them bums
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

a2c35358b457af0c1bf2556e97a3a3b27919269.gif

thank god its about that time that i begin watching my devils again..im expecting big things outta henderson and singler this year!

^^Says the person with a Clemson football avy and signature. Time to find a new football team, Duke's not looking bad this year
grin.gif

As for Duke basketball, I'm glad we only play once this year.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jmause3

its time for us to do something in the tourney

yea, choke...

feels like 2 wins for UNC are already in the books
happy.gif

really I won't lie, Duke is always a team to look out for with Coach K on the sideline, I won't disrespect them eventhough they're the enemy...Iwish you all the best that way when we beat you guys it looks that much better on our record
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by C Money 88 05

yea, choke...

feels like 2 wins for UNC are already in the books
happy.gif

really I won't lie, Duke is always a team to look out for with Coach K on the sideline, I won't disrespect them eventhough they're the enemy...I wish you all the best that way when we beat you guys it looks that much better on our record
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I just needed an excuse to use this .gif I found in another thread....
laugh.gif

Blue Streak
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by ConcordeFliteSchool

truth
Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

[h2]DUKE BASKETBALL[/h2]
sick.gif
Originally Posted by wildKYcat

indifferent.gif
Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

QFT
Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

I feel like the Heels gon mop the floor wit them bums
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

a2c35358b457af0c1bf2556e97a3a3b27919269.gif

QFT

either way i'm still waiting for Schyer to be the the second coming of JJ Redick like he was supposed to be.

I think coach K has to recruit an inside presence that can actually do something before another deep tourney run. Small ball will probably catch up with themwhen the tourney starts, unless they get a string of favorable matchups.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

either way i'm still waiting for Schyer to be the the second coming of JJ Redick like he was supposed to be.
Ehhh, Might be waiting for a while...

But, In Jon's Defense. His handles are better and he goes to the rack more.

nah no one expected him to be the next coming of jj..and in his defense..his game is so much more well rounded than jj's. he can actuallyattempt to play D. but i expect him to have a damn good yr.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom