Dunking help

I already posted this in General but they told me to post here. I'm 5'11" and I can almost dunk. I just need a little help. I already did AirAlert up to week 8 and then stopped to not mess up my knees. Before AA I couldn't touch the rim, now I can hang on it. I can't dunk though. My goal isto actually be able to dunk 2-handed. What should I do now to boost my jumping ability?

power cleans, squats, deadlifts, core work etc. it sounds like youve improved your reactive ability, now its time to get some strength. try to find thevertical jump bible online, it should help you.

Plyometrics. A month or two of actual Plyo should put you over that edge...I'm not all too familiar with the Air Alert program, sounds kind of similar to aplyo workout. If it is, then like dude posted above, you need to get some strength in the muscles.

Dont tell him to do pylos before he has some strenght in his legs. It works the other way around. If you do pylos too soon it might mess up your knees.

^^^ I meant if the Air Alert program is a plyo program, then he's already done it, so go for the weights, then to another session of plyo. If the Air Alertis a strength program, then he needs to move on to a ploymetric workout for a month or two.

you should start lifting seriously and only do plyo like 2-3 times a week. AA is too much. Squats, lunges, and stuff like that will help. Also practice dunkingi know it will seem weird since you can't do it but it will help.

i thin 2-3 times a week is too much + your gonna be lifting.
lift once, plyos once

or just lift until you have a good strenght foundation then do plyos agian

You need to lift - follow the above guide, but don't forget ab work and maybe deadlifts too.

I'd recommend 3 days a week with rest in between ie: Mon - Wed - Fri or some other combination, as long as you get a days rest and your muscles feelrecovered the next session.

Don't forget to do lots of warm up & warm down stretching!!!

Back
Top Bottom