Dvsn - "Sept. 5th" debut album on Apple Music 04/01/16 OVO Sound

I haven't been as into anything they've put out since Sept 5th (been meaning to revisit the second project, I just might not have been in the right space for it.)

"A Muse" is solid though.

Album - 04/17

dvsn_20200319_6.jpg

Between Us (Ft. Snoh Aalegra) (Audio)

Now, THIS is what I've been looking for from them :pimp:

Between this and The Weeknd dropping tonight it’s gonna be a good month of needed R&B.

Not saying features are bad, and not saying having nice artist as features is bad. But DVSN was on a roll without them. I’m sure all are gonna be on the hooks. Daniel sings too beautiful to be interrupted is all I’m saying.

Yea a featured artist on 50% of the album after zero features across their first two albums makes me raise my eyebrows but oh well.

When did we get a second part to Do It Well though?

In + Out must have just been an implicit Pt. 2 right?

Yea a featured artist on 50% of the album after zero features across their first two albums makes me raise my eyebrows but oh well.

When did we get a Do It Well Pt. 2 though?

In + Out must have just been an implicit Pt. 2 yea?
Yeah I’m not too happy about it. Dangerous city is some mid. Buju saved it at the end for me.

lol b I was thinking the same **** when I saw “part 3”

Daniel said on IG that they were going to drop Part 2. Everyone was asking in the comments about it too, myself included :lol:

I like this one more than their other two albums. I like this one a lot. I'm surprised. I really hate majority of the features though. It's unnecessary. Song with Future is garbage, out of place with the rest of the album.

I like it enough to buy the physical CD.

Gonna give it a spin today. Hope my boys don't clown me when they hear it over my mic on cod lol

It's early but easily their worst album of the 3.

Too watered down with features and some of the featured artist are terrible.

That girl Jessie Reyez might have the worst voice in music.

On the other hand Summer Walker and Snoh Allegra were great placements.

Daniel and Nineteen85 did their thing throughout.

No Good is a classic dvsn intro and Flawless would have been a summer anthem on Adorn type levels any other year.

Really solid album but as a fallow up to two instant classics, it kinda falls flat.

Off 1st listen this the weakest of their 3 albums...Morning after is their best imo

Back
Top Bottom