Dwyane Wade Appreciation Post

I've never been a Heat fan, so I won't start being one today. I'm indifferent to the 'Yoffs with the Beanteam out of it. I'd go so far as to say I'm rooting against Lebron for that reason. (I like seeing his pouty face
grin.gif
) But you can ignore all of that because I've said it ONLY to highlight the fact that Wade may very well be one of the most underrated talents in NBA history.

I was on FB rehashing the argument some of us have made time and again about why Lebron isn't the King, and so forth and so on. Even I felt myself coming off like a hater/troll. So I went ahead and looked up some actual stats to at least ground my hate with some solid truth.

Can any of you explain to me how Wade is 5 inches shorter, 40 lbs lighter, and 4 years older -- but puts up what we NBA fans have affectionately termed "Lebron numbers"? Ya'll know what "Lebron Numbers" are. To say someone is doing "Lebron numbers" is as high of a compliment as, say, "That kid dunks like Vince Carter" or "He got that Jordan fade down pat.". Not just everybody can put up "Lebron numbers". Even if he's never known for winning (God I don't want him to win +#@*
laugh.gif
) his stat lines will go down in HISTORY (Lebron that is) as some of the most "Did this @+%@@ just did this" - %!@ stat lines ever.. Just by contrast, at his peak, my favorite player of all time (Kobe - yeah yeah yeah...) put up "Kobe numbers", which is to say that he was hands down the most unstoppable scoring machine I've ever see with mature eyes. But with only 5 and 5 in bounds and assists, you can tell his energy was spent shooting more so than anything else. Monta Ellis will produce "Kobe numbers" soon enough.. you know what I mean? Scoring is scoring. Tmac did that quite well. B. Jennings dropped 50 as a rookie. +#@* happens. (Winning is different.. Bean
pimp.gif
). But those two Heat cats... damn do  they fill up a WHOLE stat line
30t6p3b.gif

But I get LeBron. He's got Adonis DNA. So what..

Can someone more familiar with Wade explain how the !+@@ someone Shannon Brown's size can have such a BIG game?  I'm being serious. Help me figure this out. Wade's style of play and his frame don't even correlate. He's like AI's big brother or something. I'm confused..

I've never been a Heat fan, so I won't start being one today. I'm indifferent to the 'Yoffs with the Beanteam out of it. I'd go so far as to say I'm rooting against Lebron for that reason. (I like seeing his pouty face
grin.gif
) But you can ignore all of that because I've said it ONLY to highlight the fact that Wade may very well be one of the most underrated talents in NBA history.

I was on FB rehashing the argument some of us have made time and again about why Lebron isn't the King, and so forth and so on. Even I felt myself coming off like a hater/troll. So I went ahead and looked up some actual stats to at least ground my hate with some solid truth.

Can any of you explain to me how Wade is 5 inches shorter, 40 lbs lighter, and 4 years older -- but puts up what we NBA fans have affectionately termed "Lebron numbers"? Ya'll know what "Lebron Numbers" are. To say someone is doing "Lebron numbers" is as high of a compliment as, say, "That kid dunks like Vince Carter" or "He got that Jordan fade down pat.". Not just everybody can put up "Lebron numbers". Even if he's never known for winning (God I don't want him to win +#@*
laugh.gif
) his stat lines will go down in HISTORY (Lebron that is) as some of the most "Did this @+%@@ just did this" - %!@ stat lines ever.. Just by contrast, at his peak, my favorite player of all time (Kobe - yeah yeah yeah...) put up "Kobe numbers", which is to say that he was hands down the most unstoppable scoring machine I've ever see with mature eyes. But with only 5 and 5 in bounds and assists, you can tell his energy was spent shooting more so than anything else. Monta Ellis will produce "Kobe numbers" soon enough.. you know what I mean? Scoring is scoring. Tmac did that quite well. B. Jennings dropped 50 as a rookie. +#@* happens. (Winning is different.. Bean
pimp.gif
). But those two Heat cats... damn do  they fill up a WHOLE stat line
30t6p3b.gif

But I get LeBron. He's got Adonis DNA. So what..

Can someone more familiar with Wade explain how the !+@@ someone Shannon Brown's size can have such a BIG game?  I'm being serious. Help me figure this out. Wade's style of play and his frame don't even correlate. He's like AI's big brother or something. I'm confused..

30t6p3b.gif
how in the hell you gonna have a appreciation post if you cant even spell his name right...

30t6p3b.gif
how in the hell you gonna have a appreciation post if you cant even spell his name right...

I'm high. Pardon my typo...
embarassed.gif
.. ahhh, eff it. Do your damndest.. I earned this one
grin.gif
. But just for the record.. I feel like his mama spelled it wrong first.

I'm high. Pardon my typo...
embarassed.gif
.. ahhh, eff it. Do your damndest.. I earned this one
grin.gif
. But just for the record.. I feel like his mama spelled it wrong first.

laugh.gif
He's no Shannon Brown size. He's 6'4 tall with wingspan of a 6'9 and a 38 inch vertical. He ain't no regular guard
Yes DWhistle is appreciated the only thing i still don't give him credit for is he got multiple free passes to the free throw line in the 06 finals
sick.gif
phantom fouls after phantom fouls

laugh.gif
He's no Shannon Brown size. He's 6'4 tall with wingspan of a 6'9 and a 38 inch vertical. He ain't no regular guard
Yes DWhistle is appreciated the only thing i still don't give him credit for is he got multiple free passes to the free throw line in the 06 finals
sick.gif
phantom fouls after phantom fouls

His 2008-2009 season was as fun to watch as any one player's season I can remember.

His 2008-2009 season was as fun to watch as any one player's season I can remember.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Same here, I didn't know what to expect when he came back from injury, so that + the MVP caliber numbers he put up was tremendous to see.

Back
Top Bottom