E3 Thread of confusion, rage, and other stuff.

Don't know if it has been posted but i just found out the Wii U can only use one of it's tablet controllers at a time(you can still use 4 wiimotes) and you can't buy it seperately.

I think that is big blow, I imagined playing fifa and having your substitues and formation on the controllers screen for easy access but if you can only use 1 controller then it would only be good for online or single player but not local 2 player.

I was just looking at MSNBC where they talk about the market and they talked about the video game industry because that's a sector that is making so much money even though the economy is doing so bad... especially Activision BLizzard.

Any way they talked about E3... they said a lot of market analysts are bombing Nintendo and saying they will fail because that niche market they had with the Wii... grew up and older so it's not going to be there like how it was before.

Nintendo's stock went down by like 42 and Sony's went up by like 23... Nintendo better have an ace up their sleeve if they plan on not going the Sega route and make software only.

What am I saying... I said the same thing for the Wii and they sold the most consoles.

Originally Posted by ddouble

Don't know if it has been posted but i just found out the Wii U can only use one of it's tablet controllers at a time(you can still use 4 wiimotes) and you can't buy it seperately.

I think that is big blow, I imagined playing fifa and having your substitues and formation on the controllers screen for easy access but if you can only use 1 controller then it would only be good for online or single player but not local 2 player.
Riggie Fills-Amie just admitted that reel that displayed some of the third-party games that would be available for the Wii U that was presented at E3 is composed of 360/PS3/PC footage.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I was just looking at MSNBC where they talk about the market and they talked about the video game industry because that's a sector that is making so much money even though the economy is doing so bad... especially Activision BLizzard.

Any way they talked about E3... they said a lot of market analysts are bombing Nintendo and saying they will fail because that niche market they had with the Wii... grew up and older so it's not going to be there like how it was before.

Nintendo's stock went down by like 42 and Sony's went up by like 23... Nintendo better have an ace up their sleeve if they plan on not going the Sega route and make software only.

What am I saying... I said the same thing for the Wii and they sold the most consoles.

Not good for Nintendo, shareholders will be up in arms right now

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Where have you guys been the last 5 years? Nintendo makes the most money and sells the most systems. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Nintendo Wii - 87 million.
Xbox360 - 54 million (plus it came out a year before the other 2).
PS3 - 50 million.

That Ghost Recon Kinect demo is looking like Minority Report-looking #%$&. Gunsmith
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Firing the gun makes you look like an idiot, though. Quite honestly surprised they didn't use the finger gun gesture to fire weapons.
laugh.gif

[h4]Nintendo admits its Wii U highlight reel was spiced up with PS3 and Xbox 360 footage[/h4]
By Vlad Savov   posted Jun 8th 2011 6:47AM

Nintendo's E3 2011 keynote yesterday gave the world its first official look at the all-new Wii U hardware plus (we thought) a glimpse at the graphical capabilities of its next console. As it turns out, the impressive list of upcoming games for the 2012-bound console was just that, a list, with the visuals we saw on screen coming from PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of said titles. Nintendo of America chief Reggie Fils-Aime has confirmed that to be the case in an interview with GameTrailers, where he also points out that the eventual Wii U games will look at least as good as their PS3 / 360 counterparts. Which is why, in his eyes, it's okay to show us those games being played on the competition's (current-gen) hardware. He does remind us that the Wii U will be delivering graphics at a 1080p resolution, and points to the garden tech demo that also graced E3 as an indicator of what can be done with Nintendo's next console. That's all well and good, but maybe tell us in advance next time, Reggie?

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Where have you guys been the last 5 years? Nintendo makes the most money and sells the most systems. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

PS3 - 50 million.

I think he's talking about the future not now. Nintendo made the most money but the Wii's not selling the most anymore, it's dropped hard compared to previous years.

I also don't think it was a good look using PS3/360 footage, i'm sure the Wii U can play those games but at least show us some real stuff like more of the Zelda tech demo.

Went to the event yesterday for work related purposes. Fun event overall, overwhelming at times. Didn't get to try out any of the games though 
tired.gif

247042_10150274542756972_772886971_8982926_4430847_n.jpg

252941_10150274542801972_772886971_8982928_244192_n.jpg

254834_10150274543631972_772886971_8982964_5932926_n.jpg

251115_10150274543821972_772886971_8982975_4303299_n.jpg

Spoiler [+]
252972_10150274544576972_772886971_8983011_1377248_n.jpg
LOL at the Saint's Row girls outside of Staples
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

[h4]Nintendo admits its Wii U highlight reel was spiced up with PS3 and Xbox 360 footage[/h4]
By Vlad Savov   posted Jun 8th 2011 6:47AM

Nintendo's E3 2011 keynote yesterday gave the world its first official look at the all-new Wii U hardware plus (we thought) a glimpse at the graphical capabilities of its next console. As it turns out, the impressive list of upcoming games for the 2012-bound console was just that, a list, with the visuals we saw on screen coming from PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of said titles. Nintendo of America chief Reggie Fils-Aime has confirmed that to be the case in an interview with GameTrailers, where he also points out that the eventual Wii U games will look at least as good as their PS3 / 360 counterparts. Which is why, in his eyes, it's okay to show us those games being played on the competition's (current-gen) hardware. He does remind us that the Wii U will be delivering graphics at a 1080p resolution, and points to the garden tech demo that also graced E3 as an indicator of what can be done with Nintendo's next console. That's all well and good, but maybe tell us in advance next time, Reggie?

30t6p3b.gif
2q2irkl.gif

Originally Posted by Freeze

where's gta? saints row?
for the millionth time, Rockstar Games does NOT do E3. it will drop Fall 2012 @ the earliest but Max Payne 3 is the next Take Two/R* game releasing
Saints Row 3 was shown on G4 & IGN's post-keynote shows. It drops November 15th

laugh.gif
 if shareholders are worried. People said Apple would lose money when they did the iPhone 3GS (it only added faster data speeds for a "new" model that would be sold for a fiscal year) but they just made more $$$; they said the iPad would flop "oh its just a big iPod Touch" but its the best-selling tablet in the US & they can't even keep iPad 2s on shelves. Back to Nintendo though...even if HALF the Wii owners upgrade to a Wii:U, they will STILL make plenty bank.

PS3 - 50 million.

I think he's talking about the future not now. Nintendo made the most money but the Wii's not selling the most anymore, it's dropped hard compared to previous years.
Yup, im talking about the future because i personally doubt Wii U will sell like the Wii did. Nintendo share prices falling to a 5 year low is showing the market also doubts Wii U ability to do what the Wii did.

PS3 - 50 million.
Yup, im talking about the future because i personally doubt Wii U will sell like the Wii did. Nintendo share prices falling to a 5 year low is showing the market also doubts Wii U ability to do what the Wii did.

I seriously doubt those 87 million Wii owners bought the console because it was the creme de la crepe of our next generation, price was the main reason. People wanted a next gen console at an affordable price, PS360 was out of many peoples budget. People seem to forget when the Wii dropped it was only $249.99, compare to PS3 when it was $499/599.99 and 360 at $399.99. If Wii debuted at a $399.99 - $499.99 price range, Nintendo would be making bumper stickers for japanese lunchboxes right now. 

I own a Wii and can tell you that it is utter crap, than again I'm a hardcore gamer and the Wii is not for people like me. I bought it because I wanted to complete the trifecta of next gen consoles and it was cheap too 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I seriously doubt those 87 million Wii owners bought the console because it was the creme de la crepe of our next generation, price was the main reason. People wanted a next gen console at an affordable price, PS360 was out of many peoples budget. People seem to forget when the Wii dropped it was only $249.99, compare to PS3 when it was $499/599.99 and 360 at $399.99. If Wii debuted at a $399.99 - $499.99 price range, Nintendo would be making bumper stickers for japanese lunchboxes right now. 

I own a Wii and can tell you that it is utter crap, than again I'm a hardcore gamer and the Wii is not for people like me. I bought it because I wanted to complete the trifecta of next gen consoles and it was cheap too 
tired.gif
Yeah but even if they were to sell Wii U for 249.99 i highly doubt they would be able to sell a 70+ million. Mainly because their consumers were not hardcore gamers but more casual players which wont see the need for a new 250 dollar device that they barely use now. Also there is no Wow factor like before because everything they are doing now is done by Apple, Sony and Microsoft.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

is this battlefield footage only PC, if so console users are going to get shafted 

Exactly... dudes is getting their hopes up thinking it's going to look that nice on consoles... yeah okay
laugh.gif

Doesn't matter though that @@*@ can look nice and polished if it doesn't play well it won't keep their interests.

I think it will be good gameplay wise though because EA said they're aiming for BF3 to be the best FPS out... pretty bold statement but we'll see.

They were set classes in the last one. You could just switch in the waiting screen if I recall. Looks good. Haven't ever been a CoD head so I am looking forward to this.

Back
Top Bottom