E46 BMW M3... anyone own this car?

I had a 2002 E46 M3 until last year when I sold it to my little brother.  It was a 6-speed coupe, with KW V2 coils and 19" BBS LMs.
I miss the car so much, I decided to keep my E39 M5 instead.

I used to be very active on E46Fanatics and M3forum, but no much lately, but those two boards will give you the most information regarding the E46 M3.

The E46 was very reliable for the 4 years I owned it.  I would stick to the 6speed as the SMG transmission does have its issues.  Oh yeah, inspection II is expensive due to the valve adjustment.

Here are a couple pics of my old E46 M3 (gunmetal LMs) with my E39 M5, and my friends' E90 M3 and E46 M3. (all on BBS LM!)

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

^jesus christ, that HPF M3's intake mani is bigger than the goddamn engine in my car. What's good with them exterior mounted turbos though...? Besides sounding ridiculously louder than interior mounted
Not much space under the hood

better cooling too i suppose

Originally Posted by ballerdoc23

I have owned the 2005(?)CSL version
They only built CSL's in 2004.

Originally Posted by CrunkJuicedUp

the best M3 they ever made period
Mr. E30 has something to say about that...

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Also, is the stock suspension pretty good?  Do most M3 owners replace the suspension or leave this alone? 
Most guys i know changed them out. They were either running Bilsteins or KW coilovers.

I had PSS9s on mine for pretty much as long as i owned it with absolutely no problems. You cant go wrong with either set.

wow, nice pics SupraTurbo.  Aside from coilovers, did you do anything else to the engine?  What's a good site to check out M3 aftermarket parts? 
ballerdoc...  my maintenance for my R32 has also been around P30,000 or more during last year...  now this year I'm spending P10,000 to repair the turbo 
sick.gif

Yeah, I might be done with turbo cars for now 
laugh.gif

bbs lm ftw
mounting mine in may for my e92
you cant go wrong with an e46
zcp is the competition package for 05 and 06
different steering ratio, bigger brakes, oem zcp/csl wheels, alcantra steering wheel
zcp is the most sought after e46 for sure
make sure you are patient and find one that is in good condition, low miles, and in your price range
miss my e46...may have to scoop another one up if they fall in price a little bit more

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

I had a 2002 E46 M3 until last year when I sold it to my little brother.  It was a 6-speed coupe, with KW V2 coils and 19" BBS LMs.
I miss the car so much, I decided to keep my E39 M5 instead.

I used to be very active on E46Fanatics and M3forum, but no much lately, but those two boards will give you the most information regarding the E46 M3.

The E46 was very reliable for the 4 years I owned it.  I would stick to the 6speed as the SMG transmission does have its issues.  Oh yeah, inspection II is expensive due to the valve adjustment.

Here are a couple pics of my old E46 M3 (gunmetal LMs) with my E39 M5, and my friends' E90 M3 and E46 M3. (all on BBS LM!)
is your buddy with the e90 m3 running 20" or 19"? what kind of drop is he on?

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

selling my 1992 R32 GTR and considering purchasing a 2004-2006 M3.  GTR got too much problems.  I love that car, had it for 5 years but the last year and a half, it practically lived in my garage or shop.  I wanted a more reliable performance car.  I'm guessing, the M3 should be more reliable.  
Anyone here own or drive this car?  recommend it? don't recommend it?  Or is there a pretty good M3 forum around?

thanks 

Dude, info on how you got your R32 LHD? I remember that RHD in the phillipines is illegal or something...

^^ When i bought it, it was already LHD. THey used a Subaru rack and pinion, lol.. works great! Yes RHD is illegal here.

@THockey66: I acquired mine in summer 2005 at the gray market dealer here in Manila, but ofcourse if you are in the US you guys could them earlier and way cheaper . It's a lime colored CSL and that car was really bare
laugh.gif
. sitting on it is really uncomfortable because the bucket seats has almost no cushioning at all and the front bumper has an odd hole on the driver's side.

@Dako: I was planning to get a skyline Man (R34) hoping that my maintenance cost is going to be cheaper. Hope you could get your E46 soon if you are really into it, but please if you love your creature comforts in a car go get the regular one and not a CSL

@THockey66: I acquired mine in summer 2005 at the gray market dealer here in Manila, but ofcourse if you are in the US you guys could them earlier and way cheaper . It's a lime colored CSL and that car was really bare
laugh.gif
. sitting on it is really uncomfortable because the bucket seats has almost no cushioning at all and the front bumper has an odd hole on the driver's side.

@Dako: I was planning to get a skyline Man (R34) hoping that my maintenance cost is going to be cheaper. Hope you could get your E46 soon if you are really into it, but please if you love your creature comforts in a car go get the regular one and not a CSL

I use to own a Steel gray E46 M3 ZCP.. I miss it much, I wish I never sold it... I still lurk on e46fanatics and m3forum from time to time...
385218070.jpg

385218077.jpg

Those pics from 2007 Socal Euro in San Diego.  Let me know if you looking for some parts 

Originally Posted by ballerdoc23

laugh.gif

ballerdoc..  if you don't mind me asking, how much was your CSL?  Those are rare as hell, since they weren't even available in the US.  But i might just get the regular one since it will be cheaper, and I'm really looking for a daily driver that i can use for our Sunday canyon drives.  So I will need nice seats and A/C 
laugh.gif

The R34 should be more reliable than my R32.  With all the minor problems on my car, only the engine had 0 problems.  My R32 is a 1992 model... pretty much an 18 year old car with 150,000km so that's probably why the past year and a half, i spent so much on maintenance and replacing parts. As for my minor problems during the past couple years:  I have replaced the alternator, but had it fixed twice, my windows don't shut entirely so it would leak when it rains, it has overheated twice while just driving in traffic, during one of our canyon runs the power steering fluid leaked and i had to wrestle my steering wheel so i wouldn't fall off the cliff, and right now my turbos are busted and they're still fixing it. 

Gotta watch your oil, water/engine temp, being its a twin turbo and we're in a hot country.  I use 15w-50 for my oil.  I hated driving this in Cebu traffic because engine temperature would rise while sitting in bumper to bumper.  Gas mileage sucks, lol..  got worse when i replaced my fuel pump and got the bigger hks turbos.  

Originally Posted by DoubleRdipin

I use to own a Steel gray E46 M3 ZCP.. I miss it much, I wish I never sold it... I still lurk on e46fanatics and m3forum from time to time...
385218070.jpg

385218077.jpg

Those pics from 2007 Socal Euro in San Diego.  Let me know if you looking for some parts 
What's your username on E46?  Just wondering did another fanatic buy that car?

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

E46 best BMW evar.
second this notion.

but e46 m3 or e39 m5 is a win-win.

i have an e46 3 series and its not fast enough for me, would love to own a laguna seca blue.

^^ dude all colors are a win.
laugh.gif
IR
pimp.gif
shhhiii even PY under the right light.

Back
Top Bottom