E46 BMW M3... anyone own this car?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Huy30.jpg

Huy32.jpg

Huy40.jpg

Huy41.jpg

v
Richard's HPF Stage 4 M3 Lays Down 935rwhp Uncorrected! from Chris Bergemann on Vimeo.
Wow that thing is dope.
OP, your skyline is tough as well.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by ballerdoc23

@THockey66: I acquired mine in summer 2005 at the gray market dealer here in Manila, but ofcourse if you are in the US you guys could them earlier and way cheaper . It's a lime colored CSL and that car was really bare
laugh.gif
. sitting on it is really uncomfortable because the bucket seats has almost no cushioning at all and the front bumper has an odd hole on the driver's side.

@Dako: I was planning to get a skyline Man (R34) hoping that my maintenance cost is going to be cheaper. Hope you could get your E46 soon if you are really into it, but please if you love your creature comforts in a car go get the regular one and not a CSL
ballerdoc..  if you don't mind me asking, how much was your CSL?  Those are rare as hell, since they weren't even available in the US.  But i might just get the regular one since it will be cheaper, and I'm really looking for a daily driver that i can use for our Sunday canyon drives.  So I will need nice seats and A/C 
laugh.gif

The R34 should be more reliable than my R32.  With all the minor problems on my car, only the engine had 0 problems.  My R32 is a 1992 model... pretty much an 18 year old car with 150,000km so that's probably why the past year and a half, i spent so much on maintenance and replacing parts. As for my minor problems during the past couple years:  I have replaced the alternator, but had it fixed twice, my windows don't shut entirely so it would leak when it rains, it has overheated twice while just driving in traffic, during one of our canyon runs the power steering fluid leaked and i had to wrestle my steering wheel so i wouldn't fall off the cliff, and right now my turbos are busted and they're still fixing it. 

Gotta watch your oil, water/engine temp, being its a twin turbo and we're in a hot country.  I use 15w-50 for my oil.  I hated driving this in Cebu traffic because engine temperature would rise while sitting in bumper to bumper.  Gas mileage sucks, lol..  got worse when i replaced my fuel pump and got the bigger hks turbos.  

We bought the CSL brand new from a shop in Timog, Quezon City in summer of 2005 for P6.7M+ that didn't cover the insurance and registration , so all in it ran us P7M. Ours came from  Dubai I think. Yeah man, better get the regular one because CSLs are just for hardcores , actually I regret getting it at first,  because that damn car doesn't even have a freaking AM radio! and yes you do want an air con,especially in this kind of weather, don't you? I remember back then that i had multiple occasions that i went down the car with my shirt soaking wet
sick.gif
So whenever I bring that car out I was being teased by my friends back than that their Hondas are better than my car because atleast they have air con and radio, and I just tell them that who needs a radio if the engine of my car makes music! and real men do not need an aircon but infact I was dying to have one installed
laugh.gif

So, Skylines are gonna be a problem huh. I just hope that if I get a unit I wouldn't have much problem. But I already anticipate to encounter some problems and I'm actually quite weary of it that's why I am also considering to acquire an STI or Evo X. And yeah I also heard that gas mileage would be ridiculous but not gonna be news to me because I currently dive a Ford Expedition and that sucker guzzles gas big time
sick.gif

@THockey66: I acquired mine in summer 2005 at the gray market dealer here in Manila, but ofcourse if you are in the US you guys could them earlier and way cheaper . It's a lime colored CSL and that car was really bare
laugh.gif
. sitting on it is really uncomfortable because the bucket seats has almost no cushioning at all and the front bumper has an odd hole on the driver's side.

@Dako: I was planning to get a skyline Man (R34) hoping that my maintenance cost is going to be cheaper. Hope you could get your E46 soon if you are really into it, but please if you love your creature comforts in a car go get the regular one and not a CSL
ballerdoc..  if you don't mind me asking, how much was your CSL?  Those are rare as hell, since they weren't even available in the US.  But i might just get the regular one since it will be cheaper, and I'm really looking for a daily driver that i can use for our Sunday canyon drives.  So I will need nice seats and A/C 
laugh.gif

The R34 should be more reliable than my R32.  With all the minor problems on my car, only the engine had 0 problems.  My R32 is a 1992 model... pretty much an 18 year old car with 150,000km so that's probably why the past year and a half, i spent so much on maintenance and replacing parts. As for my minor problems during the past couple years:  I have replaced the alternator, but had it fixed twice, my windows don't shut entirely so it would leak when it rains, it has overheated twice while just driving in traffic, during one of our canyon runs the power steering fluid leaked and i had to wrestle my steering wheel so i wouldn't fall off the cliff, and right now my turbos are busted and they're still fixing it. 

Gotta watch your oil, water/engine temp, being its a twin turbo and we're in a hot country.  I use 15w-50 for my oil.  I hated driving this in Cebu traffic because engine temperature would rise while sitting in bumper to bumper.  Gas mileage sucks, lol..  got worse when i replaced my fuel pump and got the bigger hks turbos.  

We bought the CSL brand new from a shop in Timog, Quezon City in summer of 2005 for P6.7M+ that didn't cover the insurance and registration , so all in it ran us P7M. Ours came from  Dubai I think. Yeah man, better get the regular one because CSLs are just for hardcores , actually I regret getting it at first,  because that damn car doesn't even have a freaking AM radio! and yes you do want an air con,especially in this kind of weather, don't you? I remember back then that i had multiple occasions that i went down the car with my shirt soaking wet
sick.gif
So whenever I bring that car out I was being teased by my friends back than that their Hondas are better than my car because atleast they have air con and radio, and I just tell them that who needs a radio if the engine of my car makes music! and real men do not need an aircon but infact I was dying to have one installed
laugh.gif
And we got the same color CSL posted by just got lucky

So, Skylines are gonna be a problem huh. I just hope that if I get a unit I wouldn't have much problem. But I already anticipate to encounter some problems and I'm actually quite weary of it that's why I am also considering to acquire an STI or Evo X. And yeah I also heard that gas mileage would be ridiculous but not gonna be news to me because I currently dive a Ford Expedition and that sucker guzzles gas big time
sick.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif
laugh.gif
And we got the same color CSL posted by just got lucky

sick.gif
holy crap 7 million pesos
eek.gif
that's about $120,000
eek.gif
for an m3
sick.gif

kinda off topic but driving stick in manila traffic must be
sick.gif

Now 7 Million Philippine Peso = US$155,000 then again its not just an M3, its the CSL version.
pimp.gif

I'd rather have an 05 M3-ZCP, 6 speed, in Alpine White with black/cinnamon interior. You guys have no idea how hard it is to find one of these.

laugh.gif
Thats funny, because the only CSL's were built in 2004 and came in Silver and Black and never were sent to the US. So...that means the car must've been repainted or wrapped, and there are only 2 CSLs that match the description. Which leads to the next point:

Ours came from  Dubai I think.
Dubai, huh?

Here are the two lime CSLs:
2735196428_1d6b74b5ae_b.jpg

bmw-gallery-85-big.jpg

Please note that both these cars are right hand drive, something that CANNOT be registered in Dubai.

You said yourself, these cars are only for the hardcore. So how could you own one of these and not know about the cars history? There are far too few production CSLs in the world to get into the hands of the non die-hard enthusiasts. I could be, and hope im wrong, but none of your story seems to be adding up correctly here...

Originally Posted by THockey66

laugh.gif
Thats funny, because the only CSL's were built in 2004 and came in Silver and Black and never were sent to the US. So...that means the car must've been repainted or wrapped, and there are only 2 CSLs that match the description. Which leads to the next point:

Ours came from  Dubai I think.
Dubai, huh?

Here are the two lime CSLs:
2735196428_1d6b74b5ae_b.jpg

bmw-gallery-85-big.jpg

Please note that both these cars are right hand drive, something that CANNOT be registered in Dubai.

You said yourself, these cars are only for the hardcore. So how could you own one of these and not know about the cars history? There are far too few production CSLs in the world to get into the hands of the non die-hard enthusiasts. I could be, and hope im wrong, but none of your story seems to be adding up correctly here...
When we acquired the CSL we were just planning to buy the regular one but it just so happen that the store has one and because it is more limited than the regular M3 as advised by store owner , so we opted to get that unit instead, although it was P2M higher than the regular and anyway it is just meant as a Sunday car when we bought it so it doesn't matter to us if it is hardcore. And yes we acquired it in 2005 so it make sense right? because as you said they were made in 2004. And regarding the color , you yourself posted two lime CSLs , believe me dude if you got money here in the Philippines nothing is impossible. And I'm telling you the import car gray market here in the Philippines could get any car in the world for you no matter how limited they are and often times they are ahead of official release, as long as you got the proper paper . And yeah I admit that I do not know much of the car's history but that doesn't make me less capable to buy it if I got the financial capabilty , right? There are people who knows the history and every knots and bolts put in the car but haven't owned one , makes sense dude? And regarding the country of origin, I said Dubai (?) because it is where these importer from here usually get their stocks, even the Ferraris , Lamborghinis and other exotics that makes it to our shores are from, and not the US because the specifications usually are better for some reason, and I just assumed that our CSL back then also came from Dubai. Believe me or not, it's up to you man
laugh.gif

And yes we acquired it in 2005 so it make sense right? because as you said they were made in 2004.
Yes, that makes sense, but you said previously that you owned a CSL 2005 model year, something that was never made. So you bought this car for a ridiculous amount of money, registered it, and insured it, and drove it for 3 years but cant even say the proper and only year that specific model was ever built?

And regarding the color , you yourself posted two lime CSLs
Exactly, the only two Lime CSLs currently in existence. Neither of which were ever even remotely close to the Philippines.

And yeah I admit that I do not know much of the car's history but that doesn't make me less capable to buy it if I got the financial capabilty , right?
Something i never said. However you supposedly paid all of this money for a car and had it for 3years, but are not sure what model year it was? When paying the equivalent of about 150,000 US dollars for such a rare vehicle that was not originally sent to you country for sale, you wouldnt want to know the previous history of it let alone where and who it came from? Man your dealer must have the easiest time moving units...

And regarding the country of origin, I said Dubai (?) because it is where these importer from here usually get their stocks, even the Ferraris , Lamborghinis and other exotics that makes it to our shores are from, and not the US because the specifications usually are better for some reason, and I just assumed that our CSL back then also came from Dubai.
Just a little bit more info, the majority of exotics roaming the streets of Dubai are of US specification and no better than the ones seen roaming the streets of Beverly Hills daily.

Believe me or not, it's up to you man
laugh.gif
Quite frankly, it makes no difference to me whether you really owned it or not. If you really did, thats awesome. Some people just have far more money than brains.

yeah, balldoc is right.... if you got the money, you can pretty much import any car in the PI.
How is it, i lived in SoCal most of my life, and the first time I see a V10 Audi R8 was here in Cebu 
laugh.gif

Anyway, Thockey, ballerdoc, and anyone else...  is there a website where i can check out parts for the M3?

E46 Anything is beauty i have a 330 coupe and i just cant get tired of my car.. and its 6 years old and still turns heads after a wash it just looks so priceless.. all this comes at a price MAINTENANCE will kill you.. I have spent 3k in maintaining... Between $90 oil changes and other nonsense that seems to happen with these baby's its easy to say either have $$ ready to spend or have a warranty and i dont believe any e46's come CPO anymore so good luck.. My boy just bought a 04 E60 and had to change the alternator in the first week

Anyway, Thockey, ballerdoc, and anyone else...  is there a website where i can check out parts for the M3?
Just some good aftermarket BMW websites:

Beastpower.com
Evosport.com
ModBargains.com
Turnermotorsport.com
Vorsteiner.com

PltcsAsUsual wrote:
E46 Anything is beauty i have a 330 coupe and i just cant get tired of my car.. and its 6 years old and still turns heads after a wash it just looks so priceless.. all this comes at a price MAINTENANCE will kill you..\
maintenance cant be any worse than Audi

question for you BMW heads, what would be the year to start off at/or should i say reliability starts to get better?

like im sure 01 have more problems than 03s? si o no?

any info appreciated.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

I wouldn't mess with a bmw that was 6+ yrs old
why not?

if you found something that well maintained? records of work, decent miles etc? why not?

that goes for any car.

lol yo monday youre not helping right now, but yea

im sayin 03-04 at least not 99-02

im just wondering what would be a good year to look at or what year issues got better just like with any generation car with any brand.

m3s anything 03 and up. they fixed the rod bearing recall for the e46 after 02
03.5 however has the updated leds

Originally Posted by rareair45

m3s anything 03 and up. they fixed the rod bearing recall for the e46 after 02
03.5 however has the updated leds

nice

anybody know the name of the wheels on this car? im like 90% sure

1366634857_b96f48554b.jpg

330ci coupe is the closest thing one can get to an m3......looks wise at least correct?

im lookin at an 04 330ci are not too bad these days

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

E46 Anything is beauty i have a 330 coupe and i just cant get tired of my car.. and its 6 years old and still turns heads after a wash it just looks so priceless.. all this comes at a price MAINTENANCE will kill you.. I have spent 3k in maintaining... Between $90 oil changes and other nonsense that seems to happen with these baby's its easy to say either have $$ ready to spend or have a warranty and i dont believe any e46's come CPO anymore so good luck.. My boy just bought a 04 E60 and had to change the alternator in the first week
o yea cashmere can you elaborate on your maintenance some.......i think way back you said you paid 1800 for something electrical early on correct? an youve had your car for a minute.

yea 330coupes are clean dont you have an 04? i lookin at these 04 330ci joints almost look like m3s

Back
Top Bottom