EAGLEBBALL'S S&T AUCTION LEAGUE DRAFTING ***NOW***

Hey everyone, 
As I've done since 2003, I'm starting up a few Yahoo NBA fantasy leagues for the S&T community.  I'm only doing two leagues this year (can't keep up with 5-6 leagues anymore these days 
laugh.gif
), so if you're interested get in asap.  We've had really competitive, entertaining leagues in the past, so I expect that to continue.  As usual, the leagues are 9-cat h2h, but they're 12 teamers this year as opposed to the traditional 10 teamers I've run in the past.  One major difference:

One league will be a traditional snake draft, but the the other will be an auction draft, so make sure you sign up accordingly.

Here's the sign up info:

[table][tr][td]eague ID#:[/td][td]67223[/td][/tr][tr][td]League Name:[/td][td]NT S&T Auction[/td][/tr][tr][td]Password:[/td][td]ntauctiondraft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Custom League URL:[/td][td]http://basketball.fantasy...hoo.com/league/ntauction[/td][/tr][tr][td]Draft Type:[/td][td]Live Standard Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Draft Time:[/td][td]Wed Oct 13 8:30pm EDT [ http://basketball.fantasy...mp;DUR=0300&REM1=60m" id="yui_3_1_2_6_128664416114148" style="color: rgb(0, 105, 170); text-decoration: none; ">Add to My Calendar ][/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]League ID#:[/td][td]67215[/td][/tr][tr][td]League Name:[/td][td]NT S&T Snake[/td][/tr][tr][td]Password:[/td][td]ntsnakedraft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Custom League URL:[/td][td]http://basketball.fantasy...hoo.com/league/ntstsnake[/td][/tr][tr][td]Draft Type:[/td][td]Live Standard Draft[/td][/tr][tr][td]Draft Time:[/td][td]Thu Oct 14 8:30pm EDT [ http://basketball.fantasy...mp;DUR=0300&REM1=60m" id="yui_3_1_2_6_128664513501935" style="color: rgb(0, 105, 170); text-decoration: none; ">Add to My Calendar ][/td][/tr][/table]

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to playing again this year. 
pimp.gif

Put me in the snake draft. I finished 2nd last season so I'm gonna be back in the finals and win the title this season much like the 08/09 Lakers.

^^^
You sure it was one of the leagues I ran?  I believe KLJ won one of them and MonopolyMan630 won the other.  What was your team name?

I'm going to get in both I've never been in a auction draft so is will be fun to say the least
laugh.gif

I got a question from one NT'er about how auction drafts work, which made me realize that a lot of you may have the same question (hell, I just started looking into auctions for the first time myself this season).
Rather than having a slotted draft position, there's a "nomination" order where each team gets to nominate a player for bidding.  Each team starts with a $200 budget/salary cap.  The teams then bid against each other until the time is up.  The team with the highest bid takes the player at that price, and the next player is then nominated.  It's real entertaining and can get pretty damn intense, as you have an opportunity for any player you want, and therefore the ability to build your team any way you want, provided you stay under the cap.  So if you want Kobe, Lebron, Amare, and a bunch of lower-end role players, you can do that if you like.  Makes for a fun setup.

Yahoo does mock drafts for both traditional snake, and this year auction styles.  I highly suggest you try at least one out so you can see what I'm talking about.  It's good stuff.

Alright, both leagues are FULL - thanks to those of you that registered.  If there are still others that want to join/create similar leagues, I'll send you the league settings so you can set them up accordingly.  
As always, I set the draft order in advance of the draft, so that those that like to mock and otherwise do some draft prep can do so.  This morning I set the draft order for the snake draft league using the following draft tool: http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm  The tool automatically generates a random draft order and sends the results to the provided emails - those of you that don't have hidden emails can check your inboxes, and those of you that have hidden emails I just put (teamname)@yahoo.com.  The results came out as follows (NOTE: Yes I got the first pick.  No it wasn't rigged.  I just went down the line inputting team names as currently listed in the standings and let the computer generate.  I literally said out loud, "oh ****, that's not going to look good."  But oh well, what can I do.  Truth be told, I'd rather draft out of the last spot than the first).  Here's the draft order:

1 - Yi Felton Her Bibbys/Chris
2 - Darkwing/tmukg21
3 - JSW/quinn
4 - KLJ/kevin
5 - RyGuy45/ryank452003
6 - Delonte Kaman Gloria/esk070
7 - casperJr/AD
8 - nicedudenicedreams/skateboard
9 - DoubleJs/alumnihall
10 - Suck My Dirk/dave
11 - TravisJMU/paintballplayat
12 - True Blues/timothybrandl

One more note: on the auction league, there will be no draft order generation, because everyone has a shot to acquire every single player in the NBA.  The only order is the order of nomination, which doesn't affect any outcomes.

Thanks again (and don't hate the outcome, hate the computer generator).  See you all at the drafts next week.

-eaglebball

One more thing: for the benefit of those drafting right after me and trying to plan their strategies, I'll be taking KD at #1.  

I had no idea you were tmukg. 
laugh.gif

Thanks for setting this up again, Chris. I was actually just wondering about your leagues the day before you made this post.
laugh.gif

^^^
No problem, KLJ.  It's always been a fun way for those interested S&T'ers to get their competitive juices flowing, and although I'm not as active on NT overall these days I still like to keep that tradition going.

On another note, AUCTION LEAGUERS: AUCTION IS TONIGHT AT 8:30PM.  MAKE SURE YOU'RE THERE ON TIME, BECAUSE IN THIS TYPE OF DRAFT YOU HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR EVERY PLAYER!!!

Alright, had an unfortunate glitch in the setup of NT's first Auction Draft League, so giving it another shot.  We've got FOUR VACANCIES, first come first served.  If you sign up, MAKE SURE YOU CAN ATTEND FRIDAY'S DRAFT.
League ID: 78732

Password: ntauctionpt2

Draft: Friday, Oct. 18 at 8:30pm EDT.

Thanks,

eagle

Back
Top Bottom