Early morning workouts.... breakfast or no?

I've come across this dilemma while waking up relatively early to go on a run and/or do a couple of workouts.

Is it good to eat breakfast (or something simple) before you go, or is it better to go out on an empty stomach and eat after you finish up? I've tried both, and on an empty stomach I feel pretty exhausted at the end, and when I've eaten a small breakfast or snack, I sometimes feel sick during a run
smh.gif

What's the better way to go about it? I have a feeling the answer to this might be as divided as whether you stretch before running or not.

I've come across this dilemma while waking up relatively early to go on a run and/or do a couple of workouts.

Is it good to eat breakfast (or something simple) before you go, or is it better to go out on an empty stomach and eat after you finish up? I've tried both, and on an empty stomach I feel pretty exhausted at the end, and when I've eaten a small breakfast or snack, I sometimes feel sick during a run
smh.gif

What's the better way to go about it? I have a feeling the answer to this might be as divided as whether you stretch before running or not.

From my experience and what I have heard.

Run - empty stomach
Weights - eat something

From my experience and what I have heard.

Run - empty stomach
Weights - eat something

Eat something, even if it's a banana or something. You haven't eaten since dinner anyways.

Eat something, even if it's a banana or something. You haven't eaten since dinner anyways.

i used to wake up really early to run and i just ate after.
i don't like the feeling of running or lifting weights with food in my stomach.

maybe you can try eating half a cliff bar or fruit before your workouts.

i used to wake up really early to run and i just ate after.
i don't like the feeling of running or lifting weights with food in my stomach.

maybe you can try eating half a cliff bar or fruit before your workouts.

i go w/ an english muffin and some oj pre AM workout. your body needs some type of fuel, and also kickstarts your metabolism.

You wanna eat at least an hour once you wake up to boast your metabolism. If you feel full you might not be eating the right food. Pretzels are good, strawberries are good. I always go banana/strawberries with honey on whole wheat and I'm good to go.

i go w/ an english muffin and some oj pre AM workout. your body needs some type of fuel, and also kickstarts your metabolism.

You wanna eat at least an hour once you wake up to boast your metabolism. If you feel full you might not be eating the right food. Pretzels are good, strawberries are good. I always go banana/strawberries with honey on whole wheat and I'm good to go.

sorry for double post. yuku FTL.

Back
Top Bottom