Earth,Wind, & Fire vs Isley Brothers

Tough one. Personally I listen to the Isley's more so I go with them but it's really a coin toss.

Earth Wind and Fire for me.

Especially for their involvement in the Black art scene in the 60's/70's.

Isleys is one of the GOAT groups though.

Jimi Hendrix used to play for the Isley Bros.

Last edited:
EWF might be the greatest group of all time

Way of the world makes me shed a tear at times

Both are dope, but I rock with the Isleys. Btw, why doesn't Ernie get more props as a guitarist? He is certainly one of the best to do it.

I have to go back and listen to EWF, never heard any of their work.

Isley Bros are dope though :pimp:

Kool & The Gang > Earth, Wind, & Fire > Isley Brothers >>>>>> Anything out now.  A time when R&B/ Funk groups actually played instruments instead of using synthesized beats.

"Fresh" is still one of my favorite songs of all time.  Where can I pick up a blue fit like bottom right? 

Both EWF and Isleys were great bands but I have to go with the Isleys (1973-1983) and Isley-Jasper-Isley (1984-1987) when brother-in-law Chris Jasper, during that time period was writing most of the songs for the groups. He continued the same sound with his 10 solo albums after the groups disbanded and the Isleys were never a self-contained band that wrote their own music ever again. Jasper has never received the proper credit  for his huge contribution to the success of the bands.   But if you want to hear where the music went you can go to his official website.

http://www.ChrisJasper.com

This isn't even close. EWF in a landslide. The horns alone wins it.

Although, I suppose this comes down to whether you like horns or not. I'm a big BS&T and Chicago fan too, so that plays a role.

earth, wind, & fire for me off the strength of -

reasons
september
after the love has gone
lets groove
saturday night
shining star

these tracks have always been perfect to me :nthat:

but you really can't go wrong with either *goes & throws both on shuffle* :lol:

Last edited:

ISLEY/JASPER/ISLEY (MARVIN ISLEY/CHRIS JASPER/ERNIE ISLEY)

ISLEY/JASPER/ISLEY  (MARVIN ISLEY/CHRIS JASPER/ERNIE ISLEY)

CHRIS JASPER (FORMER ISLEY BROTHER)

CHRIS JASPER (FORMER ISLEY BROTHER)

EWF without question.

Their music used to give me goosebumps as a kid and still does to this day. When you can feel the emotion that someone put into a song coming through the speaker and making you experience the same emotions, then that's next level.

Those dudes poured their souls into their music. Some of IB's music does that, but when you listen to EWF it's a rollercoaster of emotions.

How they mixed so many styles and crossed blended genre's changed the game.

Back
Top Bottom