East Coast NTers...First an Earthquake, now a Hurricane? Vol. Irene

Damn my usual schedule on Saturday is a double. Being that the trains shut down at 12, and I get out at 11pm, I'm just spending the weekwnd at my job.. came somewhat prepared.. but I'm definitely prepared to pick up some overtime
smile.gif

lots of stupidity in here, tough guys wanting something to happen to NYC for you to troll and say "see I told you CA > NYC"

- Bloomberg just spoke, mentioned bars are to stop serving alcohol at 8pm.
- Bloomberg is making thing worse, as far as hyping the fear, I said this 2 days ago and he continues to do it. He dramatically said now "it has started raining here in Coney Island, and this is only the beginning"

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

lots of stupidity in here, tough guys wanting something to happen to NYC for you to troll and say "see I told you CA > NYC"

- Bloomberg just spoke, mentioned bars are to stop serving alcohol at 8pm.
- Bloomberg is making thing worse, as far as hyping the fear, I said this 2 days ago and he continues to do it. He dramatically said now "it has started raining here in Coney Island, and this is only the beginning"
laugh.gif
I have been telling everyone this. I F**** hate Bloomberg. Literally making it seem like the world is ending.......
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

NY heads its not just you, lil ol CT, your neighbor is hypin/taking this pretty damn serious.

you guys laughin an stuff, i mean w/e...................mother nature is no joke, i guess will just see when it gets here even with the downgrade dont just brush it off.

Mr Marcus wrote:
like i said earlier......NC getting hit the hardest...virginia might get a lil flooding......nyc is straight....hurricanes don't last that damn long....yall shook fools just getting rain n a little wind
quiet dummy

The stupid thing is, if it comes through and damage is minimal, will people who are laughing at this thread come through with
laugh.gif
and making fun of those who were concerned? and obviously if it causes major damage those who are preparing aren't going to be laughing and happy about it.

Considering how devastating disasters can be for people if they're unprepared, its ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry. Nothing to be ashamed about if you're concerned for your family's or your own safety

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Yeah, saying you love a destructive force of nature like a hurricane is a lame attempt at sounding cool for living through some.

Is like saying I love it when

Volcanoes erupt
Earhquakes tear apart cities
Tsunamis swipe coasts clean.
What a dumb assumption to make. Nature is beautiful to many people, even in its destructive forms. Personally I enjoy seeing nature in its most powerful state, not trying to sound cool at all. Sure I hope nothing bad happens to anyone but lets not forget WE decided to inhabit coastal areas, not the other way around. And I don't believe she said "I love when hurricanes tear cities apart", she just said she loves hurricanes. Some of the smartest people in the world make careers out of studying earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and tsunamis. Guess they just do it to be cool right?
grin.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

he's trying to make up for his poor management during the snow storm last winter.

In New York City, low-lying areas of the city were called to evacuate. This is mainly because of the forecast coastal flooding which will take place due to a combination of Irene's surge and astronomical high tides. The city is also preparing for Irene with shutdowns of mass transit beginning on Saturday.  The NY Mayor warned residents of the possiblity that power will be turned off to areas of downtown in an effort to protect the lines from salt water.
Link

damn bron. what city you in? yall were'nt trying to leave? i hope your car is parked in a deck somewhere

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

so is my mail coming today or what?

Doubt it. My uncle works for USPS and they're off today. Well, at least the smaller POs. He said some of the bigger, more busy ones might be open but he wasn't too sure.

And my mom just got back from last minute shopping and said that they're starting to not let people into train stations anymore

Originally Posted by chickhien

damn bron. what city you in? yall were'nt trying to leave? i hope your car is parked in a deck somewhere
Lol that ain't me, I woulda been gone if my state was gonna be affected. Dudes acting like they too hard to be shook my Mother Nature lmao.

Some dude posted that pic on another forum I frequent.

right now im charging everything as we speak my netbook, macbook, and even my ipod... im going to use the desktop for now but everything portable i rather not use because i need to conserve battery just in case theres a blackout...i would charge my cellphone but that thing charges easily and right now its at 80 percent so ill wait...as for the crib we put everything in the garage plants, grill and even statues for the landscape....my parents are making hot dogs to eat for tomorrow just in case we lose power...

if i was in this, i woulda got like 10 things of chinese food

cold grilled bourbon chicken and fried rice >>>>>>>>

Originally Posted by you go boy

right now im charging everything as we speak my netbook, macbook, and even my ipod... im going to use the desktop for now but everything portable i rather not use because i need to conserve battery just in case theres a blackout...i would charge my cellphone but that thing charges easily and right now its at 80 percent so ill wait...as for the crib we put everything in the garage plants, grill and even statues for the landscape....my parents are making hot dogs to eat for tomorrow just in case we lose power...

i forgot about that this. even if your home doesn't receive any wind or water damage, there's always that power outage. during hurricane fran, we lost power for two weeks. and it was like 95 degrees outside too. i think for one week straight me and my brothers laid in the dark during the daytime just staring at the ceiling.

Originally Posted by chickhien

during hurricane fran, we lost power for two weeks. and it was like 95 degrees outside too. i think for one week straight me and my brothers laid in the dark during the daytime just staring at the ceiling.

sick.gif

why are people hating on nyc? i think the mass hysteria is a bit much imo, but some people gotta be prepared esp the low lying areas...so long as the power stays on, we are sam goody. in Queens, NY now and its just random light showers or just no rain and theres no breeze....i think it starts later in the afternoon i guess.

what i really don't get are news reporters...why risk your life and stand in 100mph winds and/or 4 feet of water to tell the world its really coming down now, its soo windy, man this is a hurricane..
eyes.gif
like no $$#% holmes.

thats the only thing im worried about is losing power... if it does happen im going straight to the hotel...i can't live like that... we had a blackout for 3 days and that was bad i can only imagine 2 weeks 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CruThik3

The overreacting to this hurricane is ridiculous.

Tell me about it last night I seen a guy fill up about 10 gas containers like we were going to war and everything was scarce

Back
Top Bottom