East Coast NTers...First an Earthquake, now a Hurricane? Vol. Irene

Originally Posted by Al Audi

031914W_NL_sm.gif
Man, I don't even know what charts and radars I should believe anymore. I'm gonna just brace myself and see what happens.

Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Living on the south shore of long island FTL.  They ordered mandatory evacuations for my area, now i gotta figure out what to take and what to leave just in case its really bad
frown.gif
Be safe man

im on LI too and thank god they havent ordered an evacuation for my area

Also on the south shore, basically a mile deep into the evacuation zone 
ohwell.gif

my entire town got automated phone calls from nassau county offices tellin us to evacuate....my parents refuse to leave tho 
tired.gif
  sayin they can handle anything n all that mess

idk how much longer i can keep the news on to show them that this $$+% is the real deal

are your parents indian?

anyone parking their car in a garage anywhere?? im hinking of putting it in a parking garage in the city..... not trying to risk my car getting flooded.. wat yall think???

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Be safe man

im on LI too and thank god they havent ordered an evacuation for my area

ohwell.gif

my entire town got automated phone calls from nassau county offices tellin us to evacuate....my parents refuse to leave tho 
tired.gif

idk how much longer i can keep the news on to show them that this $$+% is the real deal

are your parents indian?

yeah man.  immigrant mentality FTL

Originally Posted by chickhien

Originally Posted by TheWealth

Originally Posted by 2morrowbegins2day

Peeps in NC, How's everything? you guys are pretty much the forecast for us NY'ers. If i don't get a response to this post, i'll take it that your power went out.
Everything here is straight for now, just a lot of rain. All hell is supposed to break loose in about 8 hours though.

What town yall in? I worked out in New Bern before movin to charlotte. Im pretty sure we wont get any live updates from the outerbanks.

I'm near Greenville, we've got 2 inches of rain so far.  Your right the OBX is pretty much all evacuated.

I'm in Rockaway. Mandatory evacuations even though we aren't a zone A. Still here in an apartment facing the beach. Should be a nice view.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

If I wake up early enough to put a few more things in storage, I'll evacuate with a clear mind

*crosses fingers*
Fam stay safe. If you need anything holler. you got a friend on the Left coast.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

ohwell.gif

tired.gif

are your parents indian?

yeah man.  immigrant mentality FTL
I hope you're still posting on NT Monday fam

lol man mass hysteria is such a joke...

nothing is going to happen....dudes spending all day messing up their houses and apartments then going to have to spend the whole week putting %%%$ back together because of a false alarm....

storm will die down by time it hits NYC....i bet there was a lot of spending done today though...

Random thought...I wonder if people will loot Best Buy since they didn't get the HP Touchpad lol

Would not surprise me lol

Anyways stay safe everyone!

Originally Posted by copped

lol man mass hysteria is such a joke...

nothing is going to happen....dudes spending all day messing up their houses and apartments then going to have to spend the whole week putting %%%$ back together because of a false alarm....

storm will die down by time it hits NYC....i bet there was a lot of spending done today though...

are you a meteorologist?

yall coming to Mass?? im in mass and im scared my car gonna get flooded.

Parking Garage will do.. only 24 - 29 dollars for 24 hrs....

Pretty much been expected to downgrade by this time... Winds will still be very high by tomorrow night.

hold up...did they just say something about tornadoes? Anyone else watching Weather channel?

Folks are dropping like flies for my birthday planned in DC for tomorrow evening....I was strongly opposed to postponing this, but damn Irene, or the hype machine behind it, is killing me.  The only Irene I am concerned about is wearing a tight dress and headed out to the city tomorrow, forget that hurricane hype.

Back
Top Bottom