where is this?
nerd.gif
Baruch underwater......
pimp.gif

eek.gif
that far up? yikes

^^^oh i knew it

Originally Posted by thapointguy

I guess I won't be making a trip to NYC in October.
frown.gif

bro, it wasn't that bad at all lol....the pics you're seeing are in areas more prone to flooding since they're close to the river

It wasn't like all of Manhattan was under water. Go ahead and make that trip.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by youngcurse

i think that i'm overly prepared if the hurricane was to change its course and head closer into Maryland. I also think that the media is instilling fear in us all , just so we'll run out and buy everything in sight , in return its helping the economy.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Pardon me sir, but I don't blame you for your 4 smileys as I realize, this doesn't make much sense afterall
laugh.gif
. I'll take my L like a man. 
embarassed.gif

I'm being selfish, but I can deal with the MTA not up and running tomorrow, all because I'm scheduled to start school tomorrow 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Pardon me sir, but I don't blame you for your 4 smileys as I realize, this doesn't make much sense afterall
laugh.gif
. I'll take my L like a man. 
embarassed.gif

a69362096bcba3e24fe1c951ab490e98d28bdfc8_r.gif

Edit: And I'm not saying the media is faultless in this situation. But you know what the hidden agenda is? Ratings! I tuned in to CNN for half an hour yesterday and Friday just b/c of this. I never watch CNN. People eat this natural disaster stuff up. 

Heck, I'm in this thread and I live in Chicago. Just wanted to see cool pictures and read a story or two. 
laugh.gif

Not sure if srs when reading these posts that the media hyped up the storm to make money. Sure, Walmart/Pathmark/Best Buy etc. made lots of money selling batteries, flashlights, food supplies, and all that good stuff. But when you're shutting down the MTA and almost every business is closing down, the economy lost A LOT more than was made off of groceries and other stuff. What about restaurants that made $0 this entire weekend? It's the 2nd to last weekend before children go back to school so there would have been tons of people shopping for back to school supplies/clothing. MTA lost money in tolls and fares. The list goes on. Thinking that the city had more to gain than it had to lose by shutting things down is just ignorant

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Not sure if srs when reading these posts that the media hyped up the storm to make money. Sure, Walmart/Pathmark/Best Buy etc. made lots of money selling batteries, flashlights, food supplies, and all that good stuff. But when you're shutting down the MTA and almost every business is closing down, the economy lost A LOT more than was made off of groceries and other stuff. What about restaurants that made $0 this entire weekend? It's the 2nd to last weekend before children go back to school so there would have been tons of people shopping for back to school supplies/clothing. MTA lost money in tolls and fares. The list goes on. Thinking that the city had more to gain than it had to lose by shutting things down is just ignorant

There's not even tax on groceries
eyes.gif

People just always want to feel like they are revealing some big hidden agenda to all of the ignorant sheep in the country
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Supremacy

309553_105778396194375_100002866459209_26947_5234841_n.jpg

292703_105779626194252_100002866459209_26964_3026480_n.jpg
During the earthquake, a huge branch from the tree in my backyard fell on my neighbors property, so we had the entire tree cut down yesterday afternoon to avoid a situation like this 
30t6p3b.gif

cold water showers...other than that, jersey city is ok.

downtown jc is flooded a little bit, hoboken's washington st. is a lake...i get a three day weekend

*fabvoice* NICE

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Wow...the Bronx river parkway looking like mini hudson river.. 10 piece check in ^^^bro...*%@% is cray...

My friend posted a pic on FB, 
eek.gif
. Im not surprised though, Bronx River floods even with a slightly heavy downpour. Saw Mill is closed too. Honestly besides that, everything else has just been a fallen trees, branches everywhere. Not too bad around the parts of Yonkers ive been driving through today. I went to my boys crib over there by your building area (around the McDonalds), its pretty much okay.
Hows it looking where you been around?

I hate PSEG. Anyone call to report an outage? Automated POS says "power will be restored by Sunday September 4th at 8pm"

Back
Top Bottom