Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Anyone play the ESO beta console version?

After playing the PC beta version I was disgusted!!
Since Tamriel Unlimited dropped it's B2P w/ no cash shop advantage(just cosmetics).

Only reason I dont play it anymore is because gamepad support for the PC client hasn't dropped yet and I hate sitting at my computer desk to play a game.

Bugs have been fixed.

Questing exp has gone up.

Dungeon Finder is still broken.

Veteran grinding is still ***.

PvP has been improved.

More cosmetic items have been added.

Couple QoL optimizations to make it run even better (ESO already had top-notch optimization imo).

It's pretty solid now.

Last edited:
What's the deal with the skyrim mods? People are up in arms about it

What do you mean?

EDIT: NVM, It's something about Steam & Bethesda letting people monetize mods or something like that. But it stopped after people really raged about it.

Last edited:
The Elder Scrolls games usually has a big modding community off the skyrim nexus or steam. Check out Gamestop's Top 5 Skyrim Mods weekly on YouTube. They cover random mods.

Valve and Bethesda came to an agreement to allow all modders to offer their content at a specified price in which Vale and Bethesda take as much as 75% from the sale.

People raged about payed mods mostly.

But they also raged about the incredibly obvious gouging they were giving the marketplace.

Disgusting all around. They cancelled it very quickly and lost millions of dollars in investment.

Has bestheda dropped any news on the latest elder scrolls

Im guessing the skyrim rumored dlc redguard was scrapped

Steadily completing 100%, just picked the game back up

Just anxious for bethesda to drop some news cause i need some new games from them, not this MMO

Every time this thread gets bumped,I'll end up popping it back in and playing another 20 hours or so :lol:

Man I would have completed Skyrim if i didnt have the povery PS3 version.

Not really interested in ESO...so I guess Witcher 3 will have to fill my big world rpg quota this year.

Last edited:
Am I the only one annoyed by Dawnguard?

I bought Skyrim for 360 years ago but never beat it, could only install patches after lots of jerry rigging with my laptop because my 360 didn't have a wifi adapter. Eventually said **** it and stopped playing because I got a PS3.

Couple days ago I copped the legendary edition for PS3 since just having all three DLCs on a new disk is cheaper than trying to get them on my 360.

I get to Whiterun (the city with the first dragon or w/e it's named), come back outside and I see death hounds chillin in the stables with dead horses and ****. These ****** killed horses and an NPC :lol:

I think this is weird and I go online to look it up, come to find out once you reach Level 10 with Dawnguard installed, vampires and their ilk will show up in cities at night and flourish.

Meaning that if you enter a city during the night time, it's entirely possible that vampires will be in there fighting guards and killing misc. quest givers and merchants. Wtf :smh:

I also come to find out there's this one vampire in a black hood only named "Traveler" who becomes hostile when you get close, and if you leave him alone he sneaks into people's houses and kills random characters! :wow:

So the only way to stop the vampire attacks is to complete the Dawnguard questline, which so far is very annoying and feels like busy work with the amount of things I have to fetch for folks. Serana is an awesome follower though.

I'm like level 25 and I haven't eem killed any dragons yet because random dragon AND vampire attacks will be a pain in the *** :lol: I have like 5 shouts (including the one where you summon Durnehvir) and I can't even use them :rofl:

Please tell me Dragonborn is better

Last edited:

I bought Skyrim for 360 years ago but never beat it, could only install patches after lots of jerry rigging with my laptop because my 360 didn't have a wifi adapter. Eventually said **** it and stopped playing because I got a PS3.

Couple days ago I copped the legendary edition for PS3 since just having all three DLCs on a new disk is cheaper than trying to get them on my 360.

I get to Whiterun (the city with the first dragon or w/e it's named), come back outside and I see death hounds chillin in the stables with dead horses and ****. These ****** killed horses and an NPC :lol:

I think this is weird and I go online to look it up, come to find out once you reach Level 10 with Dawnguard installed, vampires and their ilk will show up in cities at night and flourish.

Meaning that if you enter a city during the night time, it's entirely possible that vampires will be in there fighting guards and killing misc. quest givers and merchants. Wtf :smh:

I also come to find out there's this one vampire in a black hood only named "Traveler" who becomes hostile when you get close, and if you leave him alone he sneaks into people's houses and kills random characters! :wow:

So the only way to stop the vampire attacks is to complete the Dawnguard questline, which so far is very annoying and feels like busy work with the amount of things I have to fetch for folks. Serana is an awesome follower though.

I'm like level 25 and I haven't eem killed any dragons yet because random dragon AND vampire attacks will be a pain in the *** :lol: I have like 5 shouts (including the one where you summon Durnehvir) and I can't even use them :rofl:

It does seem kinda like busy work,I liked it just for them Sun Hallowed Elven arrows though :lol: and yes Dragonborn is better,traveling to Solstheim,riding dragons,etc...It's definitely the best of all the DLC

Last edited:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dragonborn is better, havent had dawnguard installed on this new console im playing on for those very reasons

Its annoying as hell, but the "travelers" are pretty funny, and add a random aspect, death hounds are annoying to but when you get the war hounds bran and i forgot the others name you feel pretty boss

IDK yall after playing this more, (I haven't played Skyrim since 2012) I think Dragon's Dogma was more fun for me personally (which I only recently got last year)

1. Combat is very satisfying and reminiscent of DMC or other Capcom titles. Skyrim's combat leaves a lot to be desired. Dragon's Dogma feels like a straight up action game sometimes

2. Followers/party members are actually USEFUL and heal or use items on you or themselves when needed, they also open chests or loot bodies of their own accord. Also when they kill enemies you get the experience

3. Character classes and unique abilities are more interesting, especially the mixed classes like Magic Archer or Assassin

4. Quests aren't a bunch of samey "go get this or meet this person" tasks

I will admit that Skyrim's lore and worldbuilding is superior, as well as the level of skill development for your player. But some things I'm just not interested in. Like Smithing? ***** I'm playing a video game, not a manual labor simulator :lol:

I think if they made a Dragon's Dogma 2, it would be at the tip of the open RPG genre. A real underrated gem

Never had a problem with the randon Vamp attacks. I'd dispose of most of them before they could do any real damage.

man..those ***** *** Seekers in Dragonborn though :smh: :smh:

Ehh I think the quests and locations in dawnguard are leagues better than dragon born. That lost vale place was one of my favorite locations in the whole game

And the vampires don't spawn that often. Every now and then and most of the time the city guards kill them. Plus they have really good light armor to pick up

Last edited:
I've never come across a "traveler" or witnessed random vampire attacks :nerd: .Smithing is a grind but once you get to Solstheim and start smithing Stahlrim items it levels very quickly..

Meh...gonna finish up the Dawnguard questline and then play the vanilla game for a little bit before doing Dragonborn.

What's the best way to get gold in this? Seems like most of my money goes towards potions to cure vampirisim :lol: although thanks to the Soul Cairn I got multple filled Black Soul Gems just in case I go full vampire.

Being a vampire is cheeks in this at low levels :lol:

Gotta play on PC.... Mods make it an entirely new game.

The only way I play. Skyrim mods can be dope :pimp:

Falskaar is crazy good :wow: And it's professionally voice acted. Best mod IMO

Meh...gonna finish up the Dawnguard questline and then play the vanilla game for a little bit before doing Dragonborn.

What's the best way to get gold in this? Seems like most of my money goes towards potions to cure vampirisim :lol: although thanks to the Soul Cairn I got multple filled Black Soul Gems just in case I go full vampire.

Make gold jewlery(which also ups your Smithing pretty quickly) and sell it. Raid any dungeon/cave/ruin etc that you come across. Loot any of the enchanted stuff you find, they go for alot of money. And take advantage of those random generated quests, they're usually real easy and can be repeated forever for infinite money. Also, complete the Dark Brotherhood storyline if you haven't already...you get 20,000 gold at the end of it

I've found that mining and buying tons of iron ore, killing animals for pelts then smith them into iron daggers. You up your smithing while also making gold. Not a ton. Other than that, maybe go into dwarves ruins and get scrap

Back
Top Bottom