Elders aint safe out here

This system has continued to fail those living around/below the poverty line. I know folks don't want to hear this but I feel this is mostly a result of systematic/economic injustices/disparities than these kids being bad people.

Yes, we would hope they showed basic respect/humanity but many just never get those lessons from the home.

It's sad for all parties involved.
The sense of community that used to exist in low income communities seems to be missing imo. We would give old folks a pass when I was out there and now it seems like they're a target. A 50yr old getting beat up by a 13 yo is bad enough and then he got arrested to boot.

The sense of community that used to exist in low income communities seems to be missing imo. We would give old folks a pass when I was out there and now it seems like they're a target. A 50yr old getting beat up by a 13 yo is bad enough and then he got arrested to boot.
Not condoning anything.

Back in the gap, old folks used to be rock solid. They don’t know nothing, aint seen nothing. Nowadays, old folks snitch. Quick. I think that plays into a part of it.

sometimes it's not even kids from that community. they come into other neighborhoods to committ these acts
you got to be all kinds of stupid to rob from the neighborhood you live in. then again, kids just aint thinking

This system has continued to fail those living around/below the poverty line. I know folks don't want to hear this but I feel this is mostly a result of systematic/economic injustices/disparities than these kids being bad people.

Yes, we would hope they showed basic respect/humanity but many just never get those lessons from the home.

It's sad for all parties involved.

Gotta respectfully disagree with you here champ. “This system” didn’t fell the kids……..their momma’s failed the kids by not picking and choosing the proper man or even men to procreate with. Also these same momma’s failed to establish a co-parenting home with a husband by their side.

See champ the world doesn’t owe you, I or anybody else sympathy. At the end of the day nobody cares how you were raised or what you lacked growing up. The world and society is going to treat you the way you deserve to be treated. That’s why no matter what happens right now this very day all these bad kids will have to suffer the consequences for their actions eventually in life. Which is why I said earlier we need more jails for kids. Let them figure out their life problems locked up behind bars.

Old people are more under attack because they snitch more? Bro what?
Thats just my personal experience and relating that the the statement theres no since of community in lower. Idk what type of experiences you had in the street in the 80s/90s, but I grew up watching my grandmother letting dudes hide in the house when them folks came around.

All we know is a grown man had a verbal exchange with these kids, then physically attacked one. Why did you post this misrepresented? You're ok with that if it's your kid?
I took them not letting people out of the store as an assault thus the defense angle. If it was my kid I'd discuss why him harassing and playing kid games with adults almost got him chipped up.

I took them not letting people out of the store as an assault thus the defense angle. If it was my kid I'd discuss why him harassing and playing kid games with adults almost got him chipped up.
Nowhere does it say they were "not letting people out of the store". Every time your language escalates more than what's in the article you posted to back up your demonizing the kids without knowing the details except the adult physically attacked them.

Got some real lunatics on the internet that have no awareness. I should have known better than to engage.

The sense of community that used to exist in low income communities seems to be missing imo. We would give old folks a pass when I was out there and now it seems like they're a target.
Back in the late 80s there was a trend called "wilding" where basically the mission was to attack a random stranger, the more vulnerable the victim the more points you got (disabled, lgbt, pregnant, veteran etc)

The Central Park kids had been wilding the night the jogger got raped, so in the absence of adequate DNA technology they looked like the most likely suspects

anyone with a decedent level of discernment will know that's not what the story is conveying, but yet here we are with a click bait thread you made.

Last edited:
Nowhere does it say they were "not letting people out of the store". Every time your language escalates more than what's in the article you posted to back up your demonizing the kids without knowing the details except the adult physically attacked them.

Got some real lunatics on the internet that have no awareness. I should have known better than to engage.
It said he was trying to leave as they were entering, sounds like he was trying to leave because he couldn't get past them. A verbal altercation ensued which resulted in a fight. Maybe I didn't choose the best article to demonstrate how young kids are attacking elders but my point remains.

what does this story have to do with capitalism?
Ageism and power. The youth will always revolt. Not long ago child labor laws we’re put into place. Nowadays we have 11 yr old self made millionaires lol

It said he was trying to leave as they were entering, sounds like he was trying to leave because he couldn't get past them. A verbal altercation ensued which resulted in a fight. Maybe I didn't choose the best article to demonstrate how young kids are attacking elders but my point remains.
If this issue is that important or outta control then it shouldn’t take much to find a related article as OP…That should be the minimum instead of just throwing anything in here to get your point/gripes off :lol: :smh:

Out with the old in with the new. Upvote for city of god.

Another reason why The Wire is one of the best shows of all time. it dissects the entire ecosystem of a major city. how the show ends, how the characters end up, it’s the circle of life. Where as other shows give us one side; law and order, Chicago PD, sopranos etc.

Gotta respectfully disagree with you here champ. “This system” didn’t fell the kids……..their momma’s failed the kids by not picking and choosing the proper man or even men to procreate with. Also these same momma’s failed to establish a co-parenting home with a husband by their side.

See champ the world doesn’t owe you, I or anybody else sympathy. At the end of the day nobody cares how you were raised or what you lacked growing up. The world and society is going to treat you the way you deserve to be treated. That’s why no matter what happens right now this very day all these bad kids will have to suffer the consequences for their actions eventually in life. Which is why I said earlier we need more jails for kids. Let them figure out their life problems locked up behind bars.
What you said still involves mommy's not being raised well due to mostly poverty, limited resources, discrimination, and the overall lack of opportunity. If all of these communities had the necessary government programs(youth development, career assistance, community development, neighborhood safety committees, etc) and well-paying jobs didn't get outsourced, than we would be in a lot better shape. But now we have people feeling completely disconnected to other communities and get treated like such, so they turn to what's comfortable to them and choose to get accepted with the cool kids in the neighborhood.

Stop having kids if u can't take care of them. For God's sake this ain't the days of our grandparets/great-great-great parents there's ways to avoid pregnancy. I've seen women that can't handle their 1st child, and then they have a 2nd, a 3rd and so on, smh.

Back
Top Bottom