Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter (edit: deal has been finalized)

So Elon is not moderate, but somehow I've never seen him

Advocate against abortion
Advocate against gay marriage
Advocate for less separation between church and state
Advocate against all forms of gun control

Guy promotes comedy in the form of free speech and now he's some alt right lunatic

💯

In before Nike Jordan posts the bootlicking gif

Like I said, the Elon haters in here just don't understand how computers work. It's not like you write a program and then it automatically runs in the background :lol: This isn't Christmas magic. No, you need employees there 24-7 to run the actual program. Macy's closes at 9 pm and sends their employees home, that's why you can't order anything from Macy's.com after 9 pm.

It's obvious that if Twitter is still standing after firing 75% of their staff, that only 25% of their staff is needed. Hotels are the same. You could fire all the custodians, the building would still stand, you just need ONE employee to hand out keys.

Just wait until Elon buys the fire department. Can't wait to hear libs cry about something else they don't understand.

I love how success is now measured in Twitter not completely collapsing

The fact they are probably making even less money than they did before doesn't even register with these fanboys

And if they can somehow turn profitability around, then what?

On to the next hopeful cause of Twitters failure?

Like I said, we'd all be better off if people just said they hate Elon and his "not moderate" views instead of posting random embeds of people who think they know what they're talking about

Elon on Christmas Eve firing the remaining employees
25B71343-F811-4E19-9901-E179A6D79959.gif

Like I said, we'd all be better off if people just said they hate Elon and his "not moderate" views instead of posting random embeds of people who think they know what they're talking about
It makes no sense, people seem to be preying on the downfall of Twitter yet act like they value it.
They didn't want Elon to buy the platform, and then clamored for him to be forced to buy it when he tried to back out. Then they got mad when he bought it.
They root for Twitter to fail, yet they pretend to care about the employees that would lose their jobs if it does.
The same people use Twitter to get real time news on smear campaigns against the platform, and claim it's dying or doesn't work :lol:

Elon (or Zuckerberg, or any of the other social platform owners) making or losing money does not affect my pockets whatsoever, but personally I get a ton of value of value from from the people I follow and think Twitter is extremely important. Its power for finding real-time information/news is unmatched at this time, if a serious competitor comes out from all this I'm all for it.

For five years I was a Site Reliability Engineer(SRE) at Twitter. For four of those years I was the sole SRE for the Cache team. There was a few before me, and the whole team I worked with, where a bunch came and went. But for four years I was the one responsible for automation, reliability and operations in the team. I designed and implemented most of the tools that are keeping it running so I think I’m qualified to talk about it. (There might be only one or two other people)

This guy gives an overview of the hardware side of Twitter and why the site hasn't gone through major issues YET.

Hope has nothing to do with people speculating that Twitter is going to fail. People are making the claim based on an understanding of what Twitter is (a very complex system with a lot of interdependent features) and how failures in such systems typically manifest, especially when left unattended. Letting 3/4 of your workforce go with little notice means that you just lost institutional memory and made it much harder for the remaining workers to fix issues efficiently. It's just dumb.

Last edited:
It makes no sense, people seem to be preying on the downfall of Twitter yet act like they value it.
They didn't want Elon to buy the platform, and then clamored for him to be forced to buy it when he tried to back out. Then they got mad when he bought it.
They root for Twitter to fail, yet they pretend to care about the employees that would lose their jobs if it does.
The same people use Twitter to get real time news on smear campaigns against the platform, and claim it's dying or doesn't work :lol:

Elon (or Zuckerberg, or any of the other social platform owners) making or losing money does not affect my pockets whatsoever, but personally I get a ton of value of value from from the people I follow and think Twitter is extremely important. Its power for finding real-time information/news is unmatched at this time, if a serious competitor comes out from all this I'm all for it.
"they" is often grouping many different people over many different times to make a single entity, but besides that point let me give an analogy:

I love the broncos, always have.
i dislike Russell Wilson, always have.

I hate that we signed him, I hate that we're losing, but I'm also a little happy that he's been exposed.

I too hope Twitter finds its way. I also hope we stop putting it all on one man. Twitter was built by a lot of hardworking programmers over the past decade, not by some rich dude who just bought it. The fact that it's still running after firing 75% of the workforce is proof of that.

edit: The same people who told us to invest in crypto the same ones who been defending Elon all this time the same ones telling us he knows exactly what he's doing. no?

Last edited:

You say this but you don't understand why people were hoping for Musk, an alt-right demagogue, to fail in his quest to take control of the platform?

"they" is often grouping many different people over many different times to make a single entity, but besides that point let me give an analogy:

I love the broncos, always have.
i dislike Russell Wilson, always have.

I hate that we signed him, I hate that we're losing, but I'm also a little happy that he's been exposed.

I too hope Twitter finds its way. I also hope we stop putting it all on one man. Twitter was built by a lot of hardworking programmers over the past decade, not by some rich dude who just bought it. The fact that it's still running after firing 75% of the workforce is proof of that.

edit: The same people who told us to invest in crypto the same ones who been defending Elon all this time the same ones telling us he knows exactly what he's doing. no?
While not all, there are individuals in this thread who have fallen into every group I mentioned. Scroll back and see for yourself.

The analogy would be more like “I love the Broncos, but I want the team to be completely destroyed and removed from the NFL because of Russell Wilson having a rough start to a season.”

People are obsessed with Elon and are putting all of Twitter’s problems on one man. We have people analyzing ad revenue and projections on a private company :lol:. The site was already riddled with problems before. If he is able to turn things around he will likely be credited with its success. Too early to tell.

As far as people investing in crypto, there are many people who hate his involvement in the Doge fiasco and manipulating the market. I have no idea if it’s the same group of people.

You say this but you don't understand why people were hoping for Musk, an alt-right demagogue, to fail in his quest to take control of the platform?
No, I said I don’t understand how many of those same people wanted him to be forced to buy it when he tried to back out/want the entire platform to die.

So far I’m able to follow the same people and use Twitter exactly as I did prior to his acquisition, so what are you saying?

No, I said I don’t understand how many of those same people wanted him to be forced to buy it when he tried to back out/want the entire platform to die.

So far I’m able to follow the same people and use Twitter exactly as I did prior to his acquisition, so what are you saying?

I don't want to alarm you, but Twitter is bigger than your personal timeline

Back
Top Bottom