Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter (edit: deal has been finalized)

I went to B school with a guy who turned down a job offer at Tesla (this is like 2018 ) I always wondered what factored into that guys decision, not anymore :lol:

I have a friend who works at Spacex. The work environments under Elon are bad. Very high turnaround for what you would believe to be secure jobs

So the thing is they aren’t really insecure jobs, it is more like it’s a job with an extremely ****ty work culture/environment so folks want to leave quickly because expectations do not align with reality. I have had the pleasure of recruiting against SpaceX for talent for years and almost every time we got rejected I was like ok…
1671436428157.gif

Anywhere from about 8-24 months later we would get the corporate equivalent of the “Sup Big Head” text and I would just be like
1671436401959.gif

The biggest problem is that Elon Musk had a “cool” factor about him as did the sound of working at SpaceX so he was able to attract top talent but the reality is it is a toxic work environment with long hours and unrealistic demands. He is as unserious about going to space as he is about making cars and getting to Mars. I tell any engineer that is serious about pursuing a career in space to go to NASA, Boeing, Raytheon, Blue Origin, etc because you can work on similar efforts/endeavors but those companies (organization in the case of NASA) actually know what they are doing. They are willing to spend money to build out teams the right way, you will generally work reasonable hours and get top notch mentorship in the field. That just isn’t the case at SpaceX. It is as suspect as everything else he owns and operates.

Didn't follow the acquisition too closely so didn't even realize he already had an almost 10% stake, and threatened to pull that if they didn't sell to him.

Didn't follow the acquisition too closely so didn't even realize he already had an almost 10% stake, and threatened to pull that if they didn't sell to him.

It would be interesting to see his trading activity surrounding the initial “offer” announcement.

Bear in mind, they had to twist his arm to complete the sale and he has a history of using Twitter in ways that could manipulate markets.

Remember the “funding secured” debacle?

Or Tesla’s pump fakes on accepting cryptocurrency? https://news.yahoo.com/tesla-reverses-course-bitcoin-citing-061511022.html

His “threat” to sell off his quietly amassed Twitter stake resembles his use of polls and announcements to reframe actions that may have already been a fait accompli, like his “should I dump a huge tranche of Tesla shares for tax purposes” poll: https://www.npr.org/2021/11/08/1053511530/elon-musk-twitter-poll-tesla

In all of these occasions, it would’ve been pretty easy for him to trade ahead of his neckbeard cult, had that been his intention.

Back
Top Bottom