Emanuel AME : Charleston South Carolina shooting has left at least 8 dead.

Bomani always spitting that real. The character buildup of this murderer and terrorist has already begun.

not sure if serious...

Not really the thread for it, but surely don't be surprised if this unfortunately becomes the big narrative behind this Mass Murder.

The Government has been trying to take gun rights from people for years, CLEARLY white America isn't having that and despite the ttreatment they get from officers, politicians etc etc they are never gonna win that portion of the people over.

So what's the alternative? go after the black people who because of high arrest rates, can't legally own firearms anyway, and have a long history in our communities of guns causing death.

Use this as a combative way to place whites Vs Blacks, and in the meantime use this tragedy as a catalyst to garner more support for anti gun laws in the black community. And because the black church has always been in such highstanding throughout the black community, this brutal attack happening at a prominent black church will surely garner support come voting time

How does South Carolina NOT have a hate crime statue?? Inexcusable.

I don't think they're the only Southern state to have that. It's literally *** backwards in the South, I lived in Alabama for the first 18 years of my life. Damn KKK still having marches in 2015. You'd be disgusted at the vitriol still directed at black people openly down in that region.

if/when they do decide to start revamping gun laws, i wonder if that will also impact law enforcement

i can't recall any bill trying to pass that would take away guns from all americans...can someone point me in the direction if this has happened...

last year i remember them trying to get a background check law passed but honestly that's all i can remember...

Look at their state flag, bruh.

Anyways... @Brolic Scholar brought up an interesting point regarding the father. I'm going to be VERY interested to find out the details of the background of Dylann Roof. Like, outside of his FB pictures, did he outwardly display animosity towards African-Americans or other minorities? Eventhough the chance is slim that the dad had no clue about his son's hatred from online pics, dude should be grilled as to why a gun was given to his son who obviously was full of hate. Spare me the talk of "oh, he was a good kid" blah blah blah. Their whole family needs to be examined. Wonder if anyone else he's related to harbors the same disgust towards minorities?

Well said man I am with you.... I understand the power of media thats why I asked the question to you guys.

I guess kinda my point in this situation is that I dont want our battle with the media over proper labeling to take away from the compassion that should be extended to the victims or the focus of making sure this guy and anybody that helped him are brought to justice.

For this particular situation... i just dont see the value in us saying "Hey Media, call this guy a thug like you do our brothers and sisters because of....."

The Terrorist label also... I think the guy is a terrorist but i mean the word has certain ramifications. Should we limit it to race on why its not used or could we open it up to the media having concern for public awareness? Can they call the guy a terrorist and expect the public to not take unnecessary precautions? "A terrorist is on the loose, cancel all church events in the surrounding areas."

I understand your point of having compassion and bringing the terrorist to justice, however that can also be done while trying to force these corporations hands. Regardless of the case i think telling the truth would set a huge precedent going forward if they were to make changes in these descriptions. Using terrorist would open people up to the idea that it's not just Muslims or people of middle eastern descent who conspire to harm groups.

It would send precedent that black people being murdered should be viewed and given the same amount of sympathy and support as any other group of innocent people being slaughtered.

White America NEEDS to have it shoved in their face that racism exist and is still very deep rooted... this heinous act should be representation of what happens when you constantly have the media, harping on stereotypes of black people and the justification of ignorance. Those factors combined lead to 9 dead black people along with a community & children traumatized.

Agreed...the image of the white terrorist definitely needs to be introduced and be at the forefront. Bomani's tweets are spot on about this too.

Your comments on white america I agree with as well. But let me ask you this... Do you think Obama should be responsible for that? Because I think he catches heat for not doing this and a lot of blacks feel like he should be our most vocal proponent. I think more of the responsibility relies on the media. The people that already disagree with Obama will never hear this message nor will it resonate. If Obama comes out swinging on this and shoves it in White America's faces....what type of results do you think we will see? I think people fail to realize Obama speaking up for us more will only be music to our ears but it terms of change it will have little impact because of the powers that be.

No Other Crime History

Unbelievable

Last edited:
Don't call the #CharlestonShooting  a tragedy. An accidental housefire is a tragedy. This is terrorism - and not a horrible accident.

— Shaun King (@ShaunKing) June 18, 2015
If a house burned down in Iowa, that's a tragedy, but homeowners in Alaska don't all of a sudden get nervous because of that tragedy.
— Shaun King (@ShaunKing) June 18, 2015
Pastors and churches and black institutions (including black families) are on HIGH ALERT. Tragedies don't do that. Terrorism does.
— Shaun King (@ShaunKing) June 18, 2015
My latest. Why we must call Dylann Roof a terrorist. http://t.co/xte8SNS2sJ  pic.twitter.com/ecqHFgp8jS

— Shaun King (@ShaunKing) June 18, 2015

It's pretty simple whites are the group in control, they're not going to insight fear against their own. It's much easier to do to Muslims, blacks, or other foreigners and minorities because there's already subconscious apprehension by the majority against those groups for whatever reason.

No longer a majority in many states. 

Hyphenated citizens were never considered part of the whole. 

Last edited:
Gun rights were originally created for blacks for protection against domestic terrorist organizations and white mobs. After slaves were freed, many white men felt economically disadvantaged because blacks having been slaves for so long basically had a wealth of experience in many fields (unintentional play on words). Jim crow and post reconstruction era policies were and are white affirmative action programs.

Gun rights were originally created for blacks for protection against domestic terrorist organizations and white mobs. After slaves were freed, many white men felt economically disadvantaged because blacks having been slaves for so long basically had a wealth of experience in many fields (unintentional play on words). Jim crow and post reconstruction era policies were and are white affirmative action programs.
A good book to read is called White Terror which chronicles state sanctioned terrorism against freed blacks after the passage of the 13th and 14th amendments. 

I don't think they're the only Southern state to have that. It's literally *** backwards in the South, I lived in Alabama for the first 18 years of my life. Damn KKK still having marches in 2015. You'd be disgusted at the vitriol still directed at black people openly down in that region.
Eh, I can't believe I'm about to defend Alabama, but I am.

1.  I've seen the KKK march in Michigan.  They actually "march" all over the country.  You just rarely hear about it because nobody gives them the time of day anymore.  

2.  The first time I was ever called the n-word was back up top in Michigan.  Nobody has ever said that to me in my 9 years in Bama.  

I'm not trying to say that the South isn't backwards, because it is.  I've pretty much grown to hate it.  
laugh.gif
  But the hate and vitriol exists EVERYWHERE in this country.  Hell, I remember kids hanging up Confederate flags on their lockers in high school.  In the 90's.  IN MICHIGAN.  

The problem with southern states is that they're Bible thumpers.  In their minds, there's no need for hate crime statutes because...Jesus.   

Back
Top Bottom