EMS QUESTION

im tempted to order online again but customs might already notice and tax me ludicrous amounts of money

Hello, have a question again, how long will be the transit time of a first-class mail through USPS from San Francisco? the seller selected that shipping option after I constantly advised to ship a pair of sneakers - priority mail USPS, and now he just showed me the reciept (from a cam - not scanned) and a custom declaration form with no tracking info and I'm very worried now.

Anybody can help me with this. TIA

Just a little info to help fellow sneakerheads out: Shipping through EMS although safer and faster (3 to 5 days max of 9 days) will assuredly cost you to pay taxes (Gifts and Samples are not tax exempt) and pick up at the EMS office in Pasay, near the Airlink Aviation school and Park 'N Fly, it is only door to door delivery if you reside in the provincial areas. If you want to save on taxes then have your seller ship through USPS 1st class mail or priority mail only. These alternatives while slower (a month or more in some cases) will be forwarded to your local post offices where if you're lucky, you won't be taxed at all.

Now going to the amount of taxes to be paid, the computation is as such:
Declared Value * currency exchange rate = Dutiable Value
Dutiable Value * 15% (the rate for shoes) = Customs Duties
(Dutiable Value + Customs Duties + BIR doc Stamps + Shipment fees) * 12% = VAT
BIR doc Stamps = 250 (afaik fixed)
Shipment Fees = 265 ( afaik fixed)
Total tax to be payed = CD + VAT + 250 + 265

Hope this helps! Picked up a pair of Kobe IVs recently, with a Declared value of $70, I payed total tax of P1487. Plus the P35 post office storage fee it comes to P1522 for the Philippine government!

@mikoronrob - sir can you track packages sent through first-class mail, how would I know that it's already here on our shore?

Tried calling Pasay post office a while ago and they told me that all I have to do is to wait for my goods to be delivered or wait for the notice from them for it is not registered unlike choosing priority mail shipping option but based on my experience before - if not for our "manong kartero" the chances of my parcel to be delivered was futile, All the while it is just sitting there at their post office for some time. I have waited for a month and a half not knowing the whereabouts of my parcel.

Sadly after getting them with the help from our post-man (whom I paid 1.5k) the notice to claim have arrived in a week or two.

I know USPS priority mail usually eats up 10-15 days for transit time and just count 10 days then you can call the postal office and just give your code/receipt number.

laugh.gif
at all these people claiming that ALL EMS packages have to be picked up at the EMS head office in Pasay.

^Gameover2: maybe if you have contacts who can home deliver these EMS packages you could share them with us? haha
@Laurence: 1st class mail international and Priority mail do not have tracking afaik, but considering that there's a bigger chance for savings in the end, I prefer to wait. I'm not really afraid that the stuff I buy from eBay won't get to me since if the package is indeed lost, eBay/Paypal can issue a refund for the whole amount you paid provided that you report the incident within 45 days from paying and you used Paypal to pay.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

laugh.gif
at all these people claiming that ALL EMS packages have to be picked up at the EMS head office in Pasay.
TAMA!
laugh.gif

random inspection lang yan. Swerte kapag diretso sa bahay mo or once you receive a notice to picked up this to ems pasay well.....
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

diskarte lang yan

So it's a matter of luck only? ergh. Im planning to buy 3 pairs of shoes on ebay and as per seller, it will be shipped via EMS. So how can i evade paying customs taxes, is it still possible even for 3 pairs of shoes?

Originally Posted by Fait

So it's a matter of luck only? ergh. Im planning to buy 3 pairs of shoes on ebay and as per seller, it will be shipped via EMS. So how can i evade paying customs taxes, is it still possible even for 3 pairs of shoes?

ask the seller mark the items as low value gift. The last time I bought a shoes online I ship it Bulacan . Swerte mababait ang mga taga customs dun binigyan ko lang ng pang-kain sa jollibee
laugh.gif

^ You'll still pay customs taxes and fees, what they're saying is...you're lucky if you'll not be charge that much for a certain package and just the P35.00-P40.00 custom "handling" fee. Try to get those 3 shoes from a single seller so that you could also save for the shipping, usually seller gives discounts if you buy more than a pair.

jeddahblaster, as per seller, it will be tagged as gift to reduce custom taxes..

Laurence, yeah, i will be getting the 3 pairs from a single seller and as per him, it will be tagged as gifts. If a tax of 35php per shoe is quite ok, but charging me 1500php each is bloody.

jeddahblaster, as per seller, it will be tagged as gift to reduce custom taxes..

Laurence, yeah, i will be getting the 3 pairs from a single seller and as per him, it will be tagged as gifts. If a tax of 35php per shoe is quite ok, but charging me 1500php each is bloody.

jun, not to disappoint you or anything but I don't think the 3 shoes that you will buy will be allowed to be shipped to your home. I'm pretty sure customs will get a hold of it especially it being 3 pairs and being contained in a big box.

Originally Posted by lbj19

jun, not to disappoint you or anything but I don't think the 3 shoes that you will buy will be allowed to be shipped to your home. I'm pretty sure customs will get a hold of it especially it being 3 pairs and being contained in a big box.
ryan, yeah. that's what im worried about since custom people would know that there are more than 2pairs in the box and might charge me a huge amount.. sucks. are the taxes haggable?

ryan, yeah. that's what im worried about since custom people would know that there are more than 2pairs in the box and might charge me a huge amount.. sucks. are the taxes haggable?

usually haggable but they will still take in consideration the 3 pairs. but I think it would be much cheaper than making it 3 different shipments.

usually haggable but they will still take in consideration the 3 pairs. but I think it would be much cheaper than making it 3 different shipments.

Thanks ryan, i just have to try my luck on these pairs if ever.

Bong, onga eh.. That's why im now having 2nd thoughts of ordering.. Price from ebay is ok, but if adding tax fee makes it more expensive than retail. suxx.

Unless you know someone in the Customs or you're a friend of the postman who delivers the Notice Slip/Package to your doorsteps, you'll just pay P120 for the three items and pay the postman for his effort (lagay).. Other than that i don't see that the three items not being taxed by Customs! Or you can still ask the customs a discount but without the receipt.. Hope this helps!

i3asuncion, thank you for the detail post and suggestion.. Looks like i just have to bite the idea of bribing them if price spikes above 1.5k.

Question again about EMS. If I want to send a package internationally, do I just go to my nearest post office to pay and leave the package there?

Will they provide tracking number?

Back
Top Bottom