EMS QUESTION

Guys, school me on this one:

I have a friend who ordered some kicks from the US (New Jersey to be exact). It was shipped today using USPS Prioroty mail.
Now, the person who sent the item said that there is no tracking number for USPS Priority Mail. Is this true? How will my friend track the package?
Thanks in advance, guys.

Originally Posted by glitch008

Guys, school me on this one:

I have a friend who ordered some kicks from the US (New Jersey to be exact). It was shipped today using USPS Prioroty mail.
Now, the person who sent the item said that there is no tracking number for USPS Priority Mail. Is this true? How will my friend track the package?
Thanks in advance, guys.
as far as i know if it's USPS Priority it should have a tracking number but i think it still depends. got this from USPS' site:

"Tracking is not available for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes or Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes."

maybe its either of the above if it really doesn't have a tracking number... hth sir

that's true,the seller has to fill out and pay for a delivery confirmation form to get a tracking number.

donmega and maxtempo96: Thanks for the prompt reply, guys.

So, how will he track the package? He may not know whether it has arrived or not.

So, how will he track the package? He may not know whether it has arrived or not.

if he gets a hold of the tracking number, he can just go to the USPS site to track it. if he can't, that's the tricky part... hth sir

sir once the package leaves the US(using Priority Mail), there's no way of tracking it. He can call his local post office to check if the package arrives. Or he can just wait (around 2 weeks based on my experience) and he will receive a notice from his local post office saying that he has a package for pick up. HTH.

^Thanks for the info, sir. I'll let my friend know. He's panicking like crazy.
laugh.gif

next time you or your friend has something shipped via USPS priority ask the seller to get delivery confirmation.idk how much it costs for international packages but shipping packages within the US,delivery confirmation costs like $0.70

Pardon for not Back reading but does anyone have any idea on the price I have to pay for shipping a pair of sneakers to California using EMS, already checked the EMS (PDF rates) page back. TIA

i just want to ask. if ill order online seller from hk like rmk,vmvinc and ill use registered air mail. will they ship it directly to my house?

^ base on my experience NO. I claim the package from my local post office. takes time but definitely better than EMS IMO.

just want to ask if how long will it take for a parcel if it is registered mail from australia?
will it be delivered to the address or need to pick it up at the local post office?
is registered mail better than ems? please enlighten me, thanks

Good to know that the philpost.gov.ph Tracking Service is now working. I've tried it just now. Although the package is already here in the country for almost a week now and it's taking forever to get to our local post office.

For me, I prefer registered mail / air mail than EMS for the simple reason that you usually just need to pick up your package at your local post office while EMS packages are picked up from their central office in Pasay (almost in front of Old Domestic Terminal) - saves you the travel time especially if you're from the provinces (though it may take longer).

Back
Top Bottom