End of an Era...Niketalk is finished

Haven't read the entire thread (so I'm not sure if it's been mentioned) but once you play around with your account settings, the site becomes much more tolerable and reminiscent of the old ezboard/Yuku layout.

I have the ISS-like homepage carousel removed, unchecked "remove nested quotes in replies" so I could see everything quoted, checked "view forums in full width", checked "show absolute timestamps in post headers", checked "compact thread list page", unchecked "notify me by email when another user messages me". Those who don't care to see other people's Buy/Sell listings in their sigs can also check "Hide 'My Stuff' in signatures". Make sure you save any changes or else it won't apply. Clear your internet browser's cache/cookies if you can't see the changes right away.

I also changed editor type to Rich Text since that's what we're used to from the old format.

Method Man said in another thread that eventually Huddler will put out different skins for the board and one will be OG with the black/red layout we're used to.
nthat.gif

3 things I would change if I could would be signatures (big downgrade
mean.gif
), having 20-25 posts/threads per page like we've always had on ezboard/Yuku, and removing the stupid "Who's Online" feature on the home page. It's one thing to tell us who is currently browsing the site but do we really need to know what thread each person viewed last? You don't even need to be a member of the site to have access to that feature.
sick.gif
mean.gif
Ultimate creep tool that isn't useful at all.
it'll be xmas once da OG skin comes back....i really aint digging da flash all over this board to do stuff, cuz i imagine its gonna be hell on earth for mobile users...da old board didnt need any mobile optimizing because it was that simple.

I like the layout of the new NT. Was surprised when I checked the site after being away for a week and realizing my SN wasn't transferred over. =(

There seem to be too many newbs and cheesy posts. I'm not a fan. I can't believe I may leave NT for good. I grew up with this thing of ours

Since the move NT feels a lot slower.. Not speed wise just people not posting as much.. A lot of fools are stuck over there with no clue what's even going on

Seriously I lost my '01 join date? That's a lot of personal connection that is missing.

And this is way too cluttered on mobile. Can't even shrink to size.

^ most (all?) join dates are back to normal now and yours says 7/2001.

Seriously I lost my '01 join date? That's a lot of personal connection that is missing.
couldnt get uncle sanjay to make you a moderator on the other other site?

Get rid of the grey and change it to 20 posts per page/ 20 topics per page and this site will be $...

I miss having that green background when you enter someone's profile like ezboard. :\

then you could tell they signed with yuku or messed with their profile if it was anything besides green.

Last edited:
I actually like this new layout.

My join date and post count are off though but its coo.

Last edited:
Damn I lost my old account but it's no biggie, not really feeling the layout but I guess we gotta use to it...

Really? You have a "personal connection" to a span of text on a message board? A join date?

There has been too much whining and complaining on NT the past week

Back
Top Bottom