engagement /marriage thread.

We got married for less than 2k.  Engaged for mad long and got tired of pushing the wedding off, as big $$ things kept coming up.  We don't have a lot of family, so nobody was going to help pay for anything.  
laugh.gif
  So one day we said eff it....we're gonna make this happen within 2 weeks.

We were able to get a dope venue for 2 hours, so we had the ceremony there, including a small reception for our small number of friends/family.  Then we carried the party over to a local spot for food/drinks in a private room.

That 2k included a great photographer, too.  We got lucky b/c dude was on his grind just starting out, so he threw us an entire disc of 200+ professional, edited photos for $200.

I would've like to do more for our wedding, but the money just wasn't there.  I'm glad we did things how we did and I wouldn't change a thing b/c we both enjoyed our day.  Celebrating 6 years in November.  
pimp.gif
rep this man.

I always meant to post my Groom's cake on here and never did.

Wife got a Nike Box with a single PR3 AF1 on it (again, married in PR and it's still one of my favorite AF1's). Box had the label and the sneaker was amazingly done.

I need to dig those pics up again.

i'm pretty sure we're getting married on an outer island. either maui or lanai. it's gonna be very small and intimate. immediate family.

Wife got a Nike Box with a single PR3 AF1 on it (again, married in PR and it's still one of my favorite AF1's). Box had the label and the sneaker was amazingly done.
mannn one of the NT homies just sent me some kid PR forces. they're in the mail and i can't wait to get em. my son will be killing it :lol:

i'm not peurto rican but i love me that rican food! :lol:
i can eat pasteles for breakfast lunch and dinner :nthat:

when we were first planning our wedding, i was actually considering flying out someone from NT to shoot it because that woulda been cheaper than the quotes we were getting.

Hahaha you guys are getting married, stuck with the same woman for ever :smh:

Not me man, I'm a free bird for life!

Honestly I envy you guys, to find a women that great to be with me till I die is a dream.

Congrats!

one of my homies got married in 07...divorced a year later..and is still paying for that wedding till this day. You cats have fun puttin the bank down...wifey and me are chill'n.

Last edited:
Had a freind do a destination wedding at a winery in Oregon. Was a pretty great setting.

Looking to propose to my girl after the new year. Going back to visit her but not sure if I should do it around her family or do it when we go on our trip to Paris. Been together for 5 years so I'm not nervous just want it to be memorable . I like the idea of letting her design her own ring but I want to have something in the box when I get on my knee :lol:

one of my homies got married in 07...divorced a year later..and is still paying for that wedding till this day. You cats have fun puttin the bank down...wifey and me are chill'n.

Word. But at the same time :smh: at Lord Disick worrying about costs.

Looking to propose to my girl after the new year. Going back to visit her but not sure if I should do it around her family or do it when we go on our trip to Paris. Been together for 5 years so I'm not nervous just want it to be memorable . I like the idea of letting her design her own ring but I want to have something in the box when I get on my knee
laugh.gif
personally i wouldnt do it around her fam.

it should be an intimate moment and culmination of a new zenith in you guys have just reached. you and her should share that in private.

And real talk we know whats gonna happen if you do it in front of fam. 30 seconds after she says yes she'll be swept away from you and the clamoring with her female friends and family will ensue

There aint nothing intimate about that.

Looking to propose to my girl after the new year. Going back to visit her but not sure if I should do it around her family or do it when we go on our trip to Paris. Been together for 5 years so I'm not nervous just want it to be memorable . I like the idea of letting her design her own ring but I want to have something in the box when I get on my knee :lol:

it should be an intimate moment and culmination of a new zenith in you guys have just reached. you and her should share that in private.

And real talk we know whats gonna happen if you do it in front of fam. 30 seconds after she says yes she'll be swept away from you and the clamoring with her female friends and family will ensue

If you're rock is right, the attention from her friends/family if you do it in front of everyone can't be bought and I'm sure she'll love that spotlight :lol:

On that note though, I'd vote for Paris too. Good luck, bro.

Well said :pimp:

Thanks for the advice guys! I appreciate it!

Paris bro. 

I've heard of some people getting a place holder ring in the box to propose with, but then you got to tell her this isn't the real one. Designing is cool, but it can get pricey from what i heard. I let my wife choose the ring and it ended costing three times more than what i was initially set on spending. I don't regret it at all, but still haha.

if nobody was dancing at the reception, would that bother anyone? 

my friend got married last year, on one of the hottest/humid days (ceremony was outdoors) in July (hit mod 90s) and by the time after dinner portion of the reception hit, like only 3 people were out there trying to boogy...the dance floor was dead, dj kept trying to get folks out there but to no avail, and a good amount of guests left after dinner 

felt bad for dude but than again, he did scheduled for that time

if nobody was dancing at the reception, would that bother anyone? 

my friend got married last year, on one of the hottest/humid days (ceremony was outdoors) in July (hit mod 90s) and by the time after dinner portion of the reception hit, like only 3 people were out there trying to boogy...the dance floor was dead, dj kept trying to get folks out there but to no avail, and a good amount of guests left after dinner 

felt bad for dude but than again, he did scheduled for that time

If it wasn't for the Typhoon ruining our Honeymoon plans that morning of the wedding, our biggest concern would've been making sure the guests were having fun at the wedding. It's kind of silly, and people outside looking in will say who cares, but with it being such a big day for you two, why would you want people there who are not having fun? Who'd want anything but a super positive atmosphere?

I know the wife would've been devastated has anyone ate and left without a legitimate "excuse".

Last edited:
Did you have an MC or talkative DJ? I would assume they would put a lot of effort into getting the crowd excited

Back
Top Bottom