engagement /marriage thread.

Question to married dudes..

If you had 120k to spend, how would you spit that between Engagement ring/Wedding/Honeymoon?

Question to married dudes..

If you had 120k to spend, how would you spit that between Engagement ring/Wedding/Honeymoon?

That's alot of money... but in all honesty, it depends on your priorities.

But if I was in that situation... it would be Honeymoon > Ring > Wedding.

20G's???! Bro to each its own, if I had 20G's to spare I'd hit up multiple countries, stay in good hotels and live the experience, I've been to St Lucia, it's beautiful...but not much different than any other island...for that type of money me and Bae gonna experience different climates, shoot up to Alaska, spend some time there, catch the northern lights, then fly across to Asia, then Europe and then make our way back to the states....probably cost a bit more than 20gs but once you go into that territory, what's 5,000$ more?

I hear ya but the level of luxury just has to be experienced plus I couldnt get another week or so off work in addition to the time I had already taken for the wedding and then honeymoon. It seems ridiculous but I dont regret spending that cash one bit.

120k huh... 20k on ring (me too), 50k on wedding (santa barbara in summer time), 50k on hm (Mediterranean).

20 grand vacations, wedding in Georgetown, 120k chillin? Thread taught me to not even think about it till the guap is ironed out.

120k huh... 20k on ring (me too), 50k on wedding (santa barbara in summer time), 50k on hm (Mediterranean).

That's a pretty stellar fund for a wedding. I did $15k on her ring and we spent $~75k on everything wedding,honeymoon related. $50k on a honeymoon alone is kinda crazy though, I'd probably shave $20k off that and invest or something. Everything else looks kosher, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
We spent about 50K on everything for our wedding. . 

If i had 120k, i'd probably do 20K on the ring (for both of us), 40K on the wedding, 40K on the honeymoon, and 20K on bills since we'll be gone for two month on the honeymoon

I hear ya but the level of luxury just has to be experienced plus I couldnt get another week or so off work in addition to the time I had already taken for the wedding and then honeymoon. It seems ridiculous but I dont regret spending that cash one bit.
Unmarried is a better word.

Nah I feel you brother, I'm not the luxurious type when I go away, I like to explore...but I understand where you coming from. FLOURISH!

Got married this past weekend.

I'm chilling in the hotel bar (Before the wedding) and this guy walks in.

We talked for a while Dave is a cool dude.

2e3c374.jpg

Last edited:
whats on the menu for the wedding OP?, im hungry :tongue:

would it be a bad thing to have catered chipotle and cluck-u chicken wings at a wedding reception?

Last edited:
Wow that's 90k? I'm perplexed because I've been to 10k weddings, 25k weddings, and 50k weddings. I don't see where the extra $$ went there..

Can you break that down a bit further?

Mine is gonna be 100 bucks

Future wife can kma

Get married next year. Sept 2015.

Looking at a 100k wedding.

Probably gonna do the reception in the marriot downtown in my city.

We figured out the cinema company, photographer.

Still working on colors we wanna wear.

Sikh weddings are so damn confusing 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
For reference there's like 4 or 5 diff events people come to, and we have to feed those people. 

Book different venues for those, chair rentals, dj, party planners, I mean it adds up quick.

Back
Top Bottom